Can't turn screen time off

Discus and support Can't turn screen time off in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Daan Hengsdijk, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Can't turn screen time off

Hi,

I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on it. I cant use the device after 22:00 until 7:00. I have tried to change the setting in the Family Safety, but since Im the administrator of the family, the option to turn it off doesnt even exist. So now I have no idea how to turn the screen time off.

Additional: When I use the laptop in between 22:00 til 7:00, I can ask for more screen time, but since im the administrator of the family, it always gives me an error.

:)

Daan Hengsdijk, Jan 11, 2024
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Daan Hengsdijk,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the screen time settings on your new laptop. This issue may be caused by a sync problem between your Microsoft account and your device. To fix this, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings and turn off the sync option for "Other Windows settings".

2. Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep and make sure that the sleep and screen settings are set to your preference.

3. Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking and sign out of your Xbox account.

4. Restart your laptop and sign in again to your Microsoft account and your Xbox account.

5. Check if the screen time issue is resolved.

Please see: Troubleshooting the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Screen time - time is already used up first thing in the morning

Try turning screen time off, then turn it back on again. Sometimes my Nephew's screen time would do that, turning it off and on seemed to do the trick.
  5. SACK DRAGG3R Win User

Xbox 360 slim keeps freezing

This happens at any time when I'm playing a game online and the screen is a solid freeze and I can't turn the console off with the control pad I have to turn it off by the main button on the console, I get not lights and no warning of this
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Screen turning off and on

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Boof45, did you try changing the resolution of your PC just to see if maybe in that way the games successfully opens?

Another option could be too, double check if your graphics card driver is up to date.

Or the opposite case, try installing a previous version of your graphics card driver
Thema:

1. Can't turn screen time off - Similar Threads - Can't turn screen

2. Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal: hello, I have an RTX 3050Ti laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and with 8GB RAM. Apparently, whenever I go to turn Raytracing on, it is greyed out. I would like to know if I can turn rtx on or off....
  3. What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...: I was sitting watching YouTube and I have wireless headphones so my controller usually turns off. When I turned it back on I couldn't move so I turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on through...
  4. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4
  5. Can't turn screen time off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't turn screen time off: Hi, I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on it. I cant use the device after 22:00 until...
  6. My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My version of Minecraft has turned into a demo and now I can't play.: About 4 years ago, my friend bought a Minecraft key from a third-party website and gave me the code to activate it. I played for around 200 hours and achieved all the achievements. Last month,...
  7. can't turn on any game ,except solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't turn on any game ,except solitaire: I bought xbox pc game pass 5/5/2023, everything was okay but today games aren't working , also can't download anything bfb9bd5b-4a2a-4c6b-94dd-ed19de96eae8
  8. When I turn on my Xbox one I get error code 0x80070bfe and a black screen, I can't find any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox one I get error code 0x80070bfe and a black screen, I can't find any...: When I turn on my Xbox one I get error code 0x80070bfe and a black screen, I can't find any information on it 06156c57-1888-4464-9afc-5dac020dabdc
  9. xboxone green screen of dead + restarting itself (can't turn it off)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xboxone green screen of dead + restarting itself (can't turn it off): I have this problem: Every time i turn on the console, I have the green screen with the xbox logo, and than black screen. I can't sync or conncet any controller with the console. The battery are...
  10. Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything.: Hello guys, i've got a problem regarding the video of my Xbox360 console. I bought the console second-hand, because i'm a pc gamer, but i had the desire to play some xbox360 exclusive titles, so...