Can't talk thru my mic using stereo adapter

Discus and support Can't talk thru my mic using stereo adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 3 Xbox one controllers, two of which are your standard black, and one of those special forces controllers in blue. i recently have not been able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HotChumpKilla, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Can't talk thru my mic using stereo adapter

I have 3 Xbox one controllers, two of which are your standard black, and one of those special forces controllers in blue. i recently have not been able to chat using my headset which is the Official Xbox stereo headset and mic with the adapter. I have done
    the firmware update and everything for each controller properly as directed in teh instructions, so that isnt the issue. I can still hear my friends and the game sound but it wont register me talking my little circle never glows. but it does glow when i plug
    and unplug the headsets 3.5mm connecter from the adapter, only for a fraction of a second. so i thought my it was the adapter so i went out and bought a new one. STILL no change. so thought maybe it was something in my settings couldn't find anything that
    would obscure my ability to talk i have looked through your troubleshooting instructional guides already nothing there helped. so i have resorted to using my kinect as my mic but its a poor mic to use for gaming cant mute it it has delayed audio pick up and
    i have to have a pair of studio headphones plugged into the tv to prevent game noise from filtering through and annoying those im playing with. I also talked with the guys in bestbuy and gamestop and they told me that a TON of people were having the same issues.
    so im wondering if you have made any progress with this or maybe i could send in my controller for a free repair because it not my adapter since i bought a brand spanking new one. so i have concluded its my controller, which i take very good care of and very
    rarely let drop onto the ground but in the case that ever happens it lands on a very plush carpeted floor. so im at a dead end on what to do.

:)

HotChumpKilla, Mar 17, 2015
  2. Xbox Stereo Headset Problem

I Have A Xbox One Stereo Headset That includes stereo Adapter. I have an up to date controller but the problem is i can't talk, i can hear the game & voices just fine but when i unmute myself i cant talk. In game it even shows i have a mic but i can't talk
    plz help thanks

NawfChxno1017, Mar 17, 2015
  3. SparklySleet
    SparklySleet Guest
    Stereo Headset Adapter

Does anyone know how i could use my beats headphone mic using a stereo headset adapter?

SparklySleet, Mar 17, 2015
  4. Can't talk thru my mic using stereo adapter

My mic from Xbox stereo headset Stop working a week ago... my controller battery was dead, so i plug the usb cable to it(Note; I heard some static noise when I had the cable plug in), so i can finish playing. Ever seen i plug the Usb cable to the controller
    the Mic STOP working. It would be nice a reply from Xbox Asap, this is BS.

Macho Kush 420, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Macho Kush 420 Win User

My mic from Xbox stereo headset Stop working a week ago... my controller battery was dead, so i plug the usb cable to it(Note; I heard some static noise when I had the cable plug in), so i can finish playing. Ever seen i plug the Usb cable to the controller
    the Mic STOP working. It would be nice a reply from Xbox Asap, this is BS.
  6. WAKtheBrave9952 Win User

mute all but voice on stereo headset adapter?

i dont want to do this as i want this because my headset i use is also my speakers i just use the headset set adapter so i can talk using my headset. i get an echo from all game sound when i use adapter to talk with. (the surround sound analog cables feed
    into a digital audio decoder) and i have a spdif cable from there that goes into my xbox. i use the stereo cable and mic cable with a splitter to plug into the adapter so i can talk and hear voice as i wont hear it if i dont use the stereo cable in there
    too
  7. GeraldTrimble Win User

I've had every Xbox system ever made yet keep having the same problems with using mics. Believe this is the last chance I'm switching to Playstation

Yes I did, keep having mic issues. What more can I say? I can hear fine thru head sets but can't talk thru mic nor be heard.
  8. InvisibleAdrian Win User

Sign in error wtf!!!!

Can't sign in, can't even use my 270$ after tax astro a40 mic to talk, what are you doing Microsoft if ur gonna make change at least make it efficient , btw I'm useing new chat adapter and still can't talk?!?
  9. ZombieCartmanYT Win User

Microphone always on mute

Check the side window at the home screen. There are a few settings for the Headset Mic and Mic Monitoring right there. Also what Headset are you using with the Stereo Adapter?
Thema:

1. Can't talk thru my mic using stereo adapter - Similar Threads - Can't talk thru

2. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  7. Why can't I talk to people in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk to people in game: In destiny 2 I can to talk to them but I can't hear them c1642389-5a43-4b84-884c-c6b12ce7d9d2
  8. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  9. Can't talk in discord call on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can't talk in discord call on xbox: I transfered my discord call to my xbox and I can't hear anything or talk through my mic, but I can still hear the Xbox noises submitted by /u/YeahItzMEOK [link] [comments]
  10. Why can't I talk in chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I talk in chat: I got a yellow notice that said "you cannot chat with other players because of how your Microsoft account is set up" and I followed the instructions to fix it and it is on allow but I still can't...