Can't talk through stock mic

Discus and support Can't talk through stock mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my one today. I tried talking through the stock but it won't go through. I can hear my friends but they can't hear me. I tried resetting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by W4RMIND, Dec 24, 2014.

1. W4RMIND
    W4RMIND Guest

Just got my one today. I tried talking through the stock but it won't go through. I can hear my friends but they can't hear me. I tried resetting the console, plugging it back in and just checking the settings. Any thing that would work?

:)

W4RMIND, Dec 24, 2014
  2. Headset ?

Wait.... So i can't talk through the mic? I just bought the xbox without the kinect.

solidmonster3, Dec 24, 2014
  3. NolanTheNewt
    NolanTheNewt Guest
    Xbox One Microphone Help!!!!

My xbox one stock mic is acting up. I can hear people in my party but I cant talk. Everything else works please help.

NolanTheNewt, Dec 24, 2014
  4. Can't talk through stock mic

I have this exact issue. I've been using my Xbox One for just under a year. Playing on destiny yesterday using party chat with friends, played destiny with randoms today but could only use fireteam chat, and when I played with friends later in the day I
    couldnt use either. I could hear everyone but it was like someone cut the specific chord to my mic. Did everything from puling the plug on my mic all the way down to a hard reset of my home internet. EVERYTHING.

-Pulled Mic

-Reset Controller

-Changed Controller

-Reset Party

-Reset Friends

-Reset Game

-Reset Party, Friends, Game,

- Reset XBOX

- Hard Reset XBOX

-Hard Reset Home internet.

Next step is to buy a new mic. But the one I have is in perfect condition!

SicknastyAlex, Dec 24, 2014
  5. tomestone98
    tomestone98 Guest
    I agree I have to change games to get mine to work and then go back into halo it cuts off after one game

tomestone98, Oct 31, 2018
  6. SicknastyAlex Win User

I have this exact issue. I've been using my Xbox One for just under a year. Playing on destiny yesterday using party chat with friends, played destiny with randoms today but could only use fireteam chat, and when I played with friends later in the day I
    couldnt use either. I could hear everyone but it was like someone cut the specific chord to my mic. Did everything from puling the plug on my mic all the way down to a hard reset of my home internet. EVERYTHING.

-Pulled Mic

-Reset Controller

-Changed Controller

-Reset Party

-Reset Friends

-Reset Game

-Reset Party, Friends, Game,

- Reset XBOX

- Hard Reset XBOX

-Hard Reset Home internet.

Next step is to buy a new mic. But the one I have is in perfect condition!
  7. tomestone98 Win User

I agree I have to change games to get mine to work and then go back into halo it cuts off after one game
  8. FUNKx Sniperz Win User

I can here myself talking

its not the xbox its the mic if u talk so close to the mic u can hear your self in it it does it sometimes when u scream its called mic feedback almost every headset has it. sadly I think u can't fix it i believe cause its in the headset stock. And what
    headset do you have?
  9. solidmonster3 Win User

Headset ?

Wait.... So i can't talk through the mic? I just bought the xbox without the kinect.
  10. trent childress Win User

Anyone have it where the mic connects but can’t talk out of it how do you fix that

I have a wireless mic that I can hear but can’t talk through and then I have a mic that I plug in and. I can talk through that so why can’t I talk through my wireless mic
Thema:

1. Can't talk through stock mic - Similar Threads - Can't talk through

2. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  7. Why can't I talk to people in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk to people in game: In destiny 2 I can to talk to them but I can't hear them c1642389-5a43-4b84-884c-c6b12ce7d9d2
  8. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  9. I can hear through my headset but I can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear through my headset but I can't talk: So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not talk. I just got a new pair and I still have...
  10. Can't talk through any headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't talk through any headsets: All of a sudden, for some reason, I can't talk through my mic anymore. I can still hear fine but I can't talk. It just started suddenly while I was in the middle of a game a few days ago and still...