Can't talk through any headsets

Discus and support Can't talk through any headsets in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All of a sudden, for some reason, I can't talk through my mic anymore. I can still hear fine but I can't talk. It just started suddenly while I was in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maxtuskyman, Oct 29, 2015.

1. maxtuskyman
    maxtuskyman Guest

All of a sudden, for some reason, I can't talk through my mic anymore. I can still hear fine but I can't talk. It just started suddenly while I was in the middle of a game a few days ago and still doesn't work. I tried switching mics, switching controllers,
    turning off the console, updating my controllers, nothing seems to work. I even brought a brand new mic and I still can't talk. It does recognize a mic is plugged in and I can hear, just no one can hear me.

Does anyone know anyway to fix this or has anyone run into this problem themselves?

:)

maxtuskyman, Oct 29, 2015
  2. HOW CAN I HOOK UP MY DRE BEATS TO XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WITH HEADPHONE JACK?

I tried google.

No answers to my issue.

It works but I can't talk through the headset

Petey P LaFlare, Oct 29, 2015
  3. can't hear chat audio through headset

Ok so for whatever reason I can't hear other people talk. I switched out the headset, I switched out the Controller. I can still talk though. But, I can't hear other people talk. I know their talking though, because I can hear it through the screen or whatever
    when I unplug the headset.

GuillotineGlock, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Can't talk through any headsets

I have had this exact same problem. I even bought a new controller, and reset my xbox's settings to no avail.

Kylo Vader 77, Oct 29, 2015
  5. maxtuskyman
    maxtuskyman Guest
    Yeah it's really frustrating. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

maxtuskyman, Oct 29, 2015
  6. I talked to support and all they told me was to wait until the November 12 update.....even then there are no assurances. I have spent way too much time trying to fix this issue to no avail.

Kylo Vader 77, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Petey P LaFlare Win User

HOW CAN I HOOK UP MY DRE BEATS TO XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WITH HEADPHONE JACK?

I tried google.

No answers to my issue.

It works but I can't talk through the headset
  8. maxtuskyman Win User

Yeah it's really frustrating. Nothing seems to fix the problem.
  9. Kylo Vader 77 Win User

I talked to support and all they told me was to wait until the November 12 update.....even then there are no assurances. I have spent way too much time trying to fix this issue to no avail.
  10. Kylo Vader 77 Win User

I have had this exact same problem. I even bought a new controller, and reset my xbox's settings to no avail.
  11. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Cant talk through headsets.

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe remove your profile from the console, do a full reset, and add your profile again. It sounds like you've done most of the typical troubleshooting though. It might be an issue with the console itself and it
    might need repair. If it doesn't fix itself soon on its own, or fix with the next update, then I would possibly look into seeing if it needs to be sent in for servicing. Very sorry for your luck with this. :(
Thema:

1. Can't talk through any headsets - Similar Threads - Can't talk through

2. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  7. Why can't I talk to people in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk to people in game: In destiny 2 I can to talk to them but I can't hear them c1642389-5a43-4b84-884c-c6b12ce7d9d2
  8. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  9. I can hear through my headset but I can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear through my headset but I can't talk: So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not talk. I just got a new pair and I still have...
  10. Can't talk through stock mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't talk through stock mic: Just got my one today. I tried talking through the stock but it won't go through. I can hear my friends but they can't hear me. I tried resetting the console, plugging it back in and just...