Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work

Discus and support Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Looking for help trying to fix my headset issue.. I've tried 3 controllers and two different headsets and the issue is still occurring. I can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JKleiNz, Nov 5, 2021.

1. JKleiNz
    JKleiNz Guest

Looking for help trying to fix my headset issue.. I've tried 3 controllers and two different headsets and the issue is still occurring.

I can hear game chat as well as xbox live party chat, however I cannot talk. I've tried to speak in game chat, xbox party chat and by sending a voice message. The microphone does not light up at all.

I've tried everything from privacy, to mic on, to hard reset, etc. anybody else had this issue and how did you fix??

:)

JKleiNz, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Follow this step and try again, please.

Clean your console's MAC and restart your internet devices.

Network Settings> Advanced Settings> Alternate MAC address and Clear.

If the problem persists reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

**Do not reset the console without having your login information such as email and password
  3. dankindDotCom Win User

kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players

Are speakers disabled when a guest is logged it? Even though I have preferences set to output to both speakers and headset -- the audio only goes to one headset.

If i set it to speaker, I can't hear anybody talking....
  4. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

I'm talking about plugging in any stereo headset (like earplugs) to listen to all game audio instead of outputting it through your TV. The Wii U does this with their GamePad (you can play in off TV mode and listen to the audio). The sound quality is awesome.
    I've heard the PS4 will let you plug in a stereo headset and output all game audio (sounds, music) to the headset in 2.1 sound. Will the Xbox One allow the same thing?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

How best to keep a headset for Xbox One

I don't think they're "making" so much as the adapters aren't ready and it seems the third parties do not want to support the digital audio output on the controller. This is all for mic chat, though (far as I'm aware). Regular headset audio (no mic) works
    fine and won't be changing. There are many headsets that support optical input on their base units, including Tritton, Astro, and Turtle Beach.
  6. fredrikwikholm Win User

Can't talk or hear anyone on Xbox App Party Chat

I have the exakt same problem. I have tried to start party chat but it does not work. I can't talk and can't hear others. Headset works perfect with Skype and teamspeak. Headset is set to default com-device for both input and output. I use Win 10. Headset
    is plantronics Voyager legend
Thema:

1. Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work - Similar Threads - Can't talk headset

2. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  7. Xbox One headset can hear but can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One headset can hear but can't talk: I have had this problem for a few weeks now. I can hear everyone talking perfectly fine, but they cannot hear me at all. This randomly happened about 4 weeks ago and hasn't been working since. I...
  8. I can hear through my headset but I can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear through my headset but I can't talk: So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not talk. I just got a new pair and I still have...
  9. Xbox One - Can hear with headset but can't talk. What do I do? (if there's anything I can do)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Can hear with headset but can't talk. What do I do? (if there's anything I can do): Hello, This has now been an ongoing issue for me for about 2 years now. I am amazed that there hasn't been any fix for it... So far, I have: 1. Unplugged and plugged back in 2. Checked in...
  10. Xbone headset issue: can hear but can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbone headset issue: can hear but can't talk: I've had this issue going on about 2 years now. All other forum posts about this topic show that a good many are affected by it but the last post is always something like "Xbox is aware of the...