Can't sync existing Minecraft worlds

Discus and support Can't sync existing Minecraft worlds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As most of you already know from another thread, I recently got a new XB1 for my birthday (and if you didn't, well, now you know). So far it's great... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Can't sync existing Minecraft worlds

As most of you already know from another thread, I recently got a new XB1 for my birthday (and if you didn't, well, now you know). So far it's great with the small caveat that I have to reinstall nearly all of my games, despite already having them installed
    and up to date on an external. Minecraft XB1E, however, seems to be in a world all its own - for some reason, the game didn't need to reinstall/update, but I can't access my previously saved worlds from my brother's XB1. They appear on the main menu, but whenever
    I try to load it, I get a message saying that it needs to be synced before playing. I let it sync, but unlike when a game gets a mini-update and syncs, this is incredibly slow. I can wait upwards of 30 min. and it never finishes. I keep getting an error message
    saying that it was unable to finish. Since it can't finish, I can't access my previously saved worlds. The highest I've been able to get it to is 95%.

Any idea why it does this or how I can get it to fully sync properly?

:)

Galactic Geek, Jul 25, 2015
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Access XB360 / XB1 Cloud Saves...without an Xbox

When you play the new Minecraft on your Xbox One console, you’ll will be able to sync your existing worlds from the Xbox One Edition. Additionally, if you have a Realms subscription then your realms will
    also appear on your Windows 10, iOS, Android, Kindle, or Gear VR devices (if you own them).

To sync your worlds from the Xbox One Edition to Minecraft:

1. Sign into your console with the account that you previously saved your Xbox One Edition world with.
    2. Launch Minecraft and select Play from the main menu.
    3. On the Worlds tab, select Sync Old Worlds if your existing games haven’t already been migrated.
    4. Select the world that you want to migrate and wait for conversion to complete.
    5. Your world will now sync to the new Minecraft when you sign in.
    In addition to world sync, certain skin pack, texture pack, and mash-up pack purchases that you made on the console will also be available when you play the new Minecraft, and on your other devices.

M3tal Daz3, Jul 25, 2015
  3. My minecraft world isn't syncing

My minecraft world wont sync

MR NightMare56, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Can't sync existing Minecraft worlds

Help please... It's still doing it!

Galactic Geek, Jul 25, 2015
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Another Minecraft thread to keep on the front page! Just kidding.

Hey Geek, I had this issue late last year and so did lots of people. Well unlike X360, with X1, your game saves directly to XBL servers (since there are like 300,000+ of them compared to the 15,000 mere worldwide X360 has). I would suggest googling for an
    answer. It most likely an issue on Microsoft's end, but fear not, Microsoft backs up everything on XBL. Just like when XBL is having issues (XBL status) and sometimes your Gamerscore or friends list say "0". Try resetting your console and internet router,
    leave it off for at least a few minutes to clear the cache or thingy, if it doesn't work, try the following day or next week. usually it will resolve itself over a short time as I too!! have experienced it. The Dashboard says syncing, 1....2....99%.... unable
    to [puts hands on head in frustration]. I would also recommend you create fresh new worlds rather than transfer worlds from Xbox 360 unless your allergic to or no longer have, a 360 console. But you can transfer if you want. I was thinking that may game saves
    were corrupted, but I can load my X1 worlds fine now. The issue probably occurred when XBL came under ddos attack or had an XBL status alert, that could explain it. I'm not sure Microsoft would run a console if it was easy for game saves to become corrupted.
    Maybe try back today or next week, you should be able to get it working again.

smileskybird, Jul 25, 2015
  6. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I guess it would be a server issue rather than software. Even though I hate Windows 8, Windows 10 comes out in a few days, and I can confidently say navigating the X1 UI is now faster than navigating the X360 UI, even with the controller. I don't think Microsoft
    would make a console if it was easy for game saves to be corrupted. Your console runs on Microsoft software technology. I would wait a few days Geek as this issue should resolve itself.

smileskybird, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Can't sync existing Minecraft worlds