Can't Switch Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Can't Switch Microsoft Accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Keeps saying "Can't do this at this time, try again later" even though my account isn't a child account, and the Email i'm trying to switch to is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sesshoumuru, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sesshoumuru
    Sesshoumuru Guest

Keeps saying "Can't do this at this time, try again later" even though my account isn't a child account, and the Email i'm trying to switch to is through Hotmail.

:)

Sesshoumuru, Feb 2, 2014
  2. Can't Switch Microsoft Accounts

Alright couple things.

1. You would not be able to transfer any xbox profiles and purchases between different MS accounts.

2. What you can do is change what email address that is used to sign into the account.

Keep this in mind though if the email address that is currently on the account that has your profile on it is a MS server email (Hotmail, msn, outlook, live) and you change it and remove that email from the account then that email will be gone FOREVER. So
    if the email is one of those emails and your parents still use the email you will not want to do this.

So with that in mind here are the steps to change the email that is used to sign into the account.

1. Since you dont know the current password for your parents account you will need to find that out. You can try to recover the account by going to account.live.com/acsr

2. Once you get the account recovered with a password you would then sign into the account at account.live.com/addassocid once the account is verified through that website it will give you 2 options.

Create a new account with an outlook email

Use an existing NON MS email (gmail, Yahoo, ISP) email

Once you have the new email on the account you can make the new email the primary email and then remove the old email. Now remember DO NOT do this step if it is a MS server email and your parents still use this email.

steeledwand7664, Feb 2, 2014
  3. Can't Switch Microsoft Accounts

Hey all,

So I recently graduated and am trying to transfer everything over from my parents' accounts to my own, including my 360. However, I can't remember the password they set for the Microsoft account (I've tried every one they normally use), and I'd reaaaaaally
    rather not try asking them what it was. Is there any way to get it switched over without having to input the password for the old account?

SupplelySnail50, Feb 2, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: