Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

Discus and support Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jack Walker2, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Jack Walker2
    Jack Walker2 Guest

I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no longer available to me. So I want to switch Microsoft accounts. When I click sign in with a different Microsoft account, it just redirects me right back to the same page that says "enter password". it is an infinite loop.

I need to switch accounts, but am unable to do so. I have already tried all 3 methods of this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-another/0eecacfc-2940-48ac-b1b5-a64f7f1c9e11

and none of them have worked for me.

:)

Jack Walker2, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Jack!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Sea of Thieves game. I am here to help.

Independent Advisor Kim posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"Let's try some steps to isolate the issue. Kindly open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again."

Then try to check if you will be able to switch your Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  4. Artem_876 Win User

Sea of thieves cyanbeard error

Yes, I can play both Microsoft and non-Microsoft games, but not in the sea of ​​thieves. And maybe it will be important, sea of ​​thieves is installed on Steam
  5. Allebas Win User

Microsoft Store Games Coming To Steam

Hi Grizzgolf,

Right now you can play Xbox games via Window 10 on your pc. As long as the game is a play any where title like "Sea of Thieves" you can play it on your PC.

Now if your using Steam>>>you have to purchase games and have a Steam account with them. You cant play Steam games on Xbox Live and you cant play Xbox Live games via Steam.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

[Forza Horizon] If I buy Forza Horizon 5 through steam, and have Forza Horizon 4 through the microsoft store, will I be able to sync my designs, tunes, etc, with my FH4 save?

tis a bit daft though, as halo mcc and sea of thieves and other games that are Microsoft published all support cross save from steam to pc and even Xbox.
Thema:

1. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam) - Similar Threads - Cant switch Microsoft

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...: already tried manually moving the entire xbox file to the other drive and no luck 4ff51dd4-952d-409e-881a-be1089d2afcd
  5. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar: It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to...
  6. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?: So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see or join it? ALL are running the latest...
  7. Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section: I try to switch from C to D. It just goes back C in instant. Both drives are SSD and formatted as NTFS. [img] 669f384c-3d34-439a-a545-1db9bb10452f
  8. Cant log in to microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to microsoft account on switch: im trying to log in to microsoft on minecraft in switch, but it only comes up that it cant log in. Ive tried deleting minecraft data and every other thing ive seen poeople eriting on forums. How...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Store, cant switch install driver.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft Store, cant switch install driver.: It only happens when im gonna download HUMANKIND no other game. The problem is I cant choose any other drive except the default C drive. But thats way small for the size of the game. I tink...
  10. I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,: whenever I try it just sends me into an endless loop of giving me codes, me putting the information into remote connect, sorting it all out then closing it, only to have minecraft say its signing...