Cant switch GamerTag to temp account

Discus and support Cant switch GamerTag to temp account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to switch my existing GamerTag to another live account that I've created temporarily (as per instructions here:) Error 0x8015402d |... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GreyFir043, Apr 3, 2014.

1. GreyFir043
    GreyFir043 Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to switch my existing GamerTag to another live account that I've created temporarily (as per instructions hereCant switch GamerTag to temp account :)

Error 0x8015402d | Microsoft Account Error | Xbox 360 Error

I'm on step 8 (Note 3), when I get the following error on screen:

Sorry we cant change your Microsoft Account right now For more info goto xbox/com/AccountSwap

My existing account (the one I'm using to post this) is not new, and I haven't changed or moved the GamerTag since it was created.

Any idea's as to why this is so?

:)

GreyFir043, Apr 3, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Apr 3, 2014
  3. Optical
    Optical Guest
    Can't Change Microsoft Account

I am trying to move my Gamertag from my old hotmail account from 2005 to my new live account.

1. Old Hotmail Account - GAMERTAG

2. New Account - NOTHING

3. Temp Account - GENERIC ACCOUNT THAT WAS ON NEW ACCOUNT

When I try to change it, I get the message "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info, go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap". It has been more than 30 days since I moved the generic Gamertag off of the new account, but it still isn't letting
    me switch my Gamertag to my new account. Any ideas?

Optical, Apr 3, 2014
  4. GreyFir043
    GreyFir043 Guest

I've been told by Support this cannot be done using a temporary account within 30 days, even though the article says to create a new Microsoft Live account as a temporary measure. I also cannot do the same thing on my new Xbox one, so I'll have to hold onto
    my 360 just so I can manage my profile. This is crazy!

GreyFir043, Apr 3, 2014
  5. Elezium
    Elezium Guest
    I have the exact same issue. Wanted to move my existing gamertag to a new outlook.com address but it does not work (same error message as mention by GreyFir043).

- I have 3 Windows 8 devices + xbox 360 and the easiest way to get all those thing working properly with the Store Apps / Xbox360 / SmartGlass was to create a brand new outlook.com adress, then transfert my gamertag to it, and then use that account to log
    into my Windows 8 PCs. That's way. all my purchases are bind to a single ID/Gamertag...

Just chat with the support, they had no answer for me. Except to wait and retry tomorrow (I created the new account yesterday around 5pm, it's now 3:30pm here.. maybe there is a 24h delay..)...

Honestly, having multiple devices and being able to used them properly is a total nightmare.

Elezium, Apr 5, 2014
  6. Have you tried calling Customer Service??? If they have a support page it should be able to work.

LoH IronMedic, Apr 5, 2014
  7. Elezium
    Elezium Guest
    And where can I find their #??? I only see Chat, Forum or Twitter (really???)

Elezium, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Elezium Win User

I have the exact same issue. Wanted to move my existing gamertag to a new outlook.com address but it does not work (same error message as mention by GreyFir043).

- I have 3 Windows 8 devices + xbox 360 and the easiest way to get all those thing working properly with the Store Apps / Xbox360 / SmartGlass was to create a brand new outlook.com adress, then transfert my gamertag to it, and then use that account to log
    into my Windows 8 PCs. That's way. all my purchases are bind to a single ID/Gamertag...

Just chat with the support, they had no answer for me. Except to wait and retry tomorrow (I created the new account yesterday around 5pm, it's now 3:30pm here.. maybe there is a 24h delay..)...

Honestly, having multiple devices and being able to used them properly is a total nightmare.
  9. Elezium Win User

And where can I find their #??? I only see Chat, Forum or Twitter (really???)

10. LoH IronMedic Win User

Have you tried calling Customer Service??? If they have a support page it should be able to work.
  11. GreyFir043 Win User

I've been told by Support this cannot be done using a temporary account within 30 days, even though the article says to create a new Microsoft Live account as a temporary measure. I also cannot do the same thing on my new Xbox one, so I'll have to hold onto
    my 360 just so I can manage my profile. This is crazy!
  12. PhilHarveyPAH Win User

Just Got Hacked

pointless on a temp account if they cant migrate the two.
Thema:

1. Cant switch GamerTag to temp account - Similar Threads - Cant switch GamerTag

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...: already tried manually moving the entire xbox file to the other drive and no luck 4ff51dd4-952d-409e-881a-be1089d2afcd
  5. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar: It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to...
  6. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  7. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?: So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see or join it? ALL are running the latest...
  8. Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section: I try to switch from C to D. It just goes back C in instant. Both drives are SSD and formatted as NTFS. [img] 669f384c-3d34-439a-a545-1db9bb10452f
  9. I cant switch accounts on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on xbox: I have two Minecraft accounts on my Windows 11 computer. When I try to add another account it sends me to "Welcome Back! Switch account or Let's Play" and when I press Switch account it shows a...
  10. CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC

in XBoX Accessibility
    CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC: SO I OPNEND THE MC LAUNCHER TODAY AND IT TELLS ME TO JUST PLAY THE DEMO THEN IVE CHECKED IF I AM ON MY ACC WHERE I BOUGHT MC BUT APPARENTLY IM NOT THEN IM TRYNA SWITCH TO MY RIGHT ACCOUNT WHERE I...