Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section

Discus and support Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I try to switch from C to D. It just goes back C in instant. Both drives are SSD and formatted as NTFS. [img] 669f384c-3d34-439a-a545-1db9bb10452f Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bahad1r, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Bahad1r
    Bahad1r Guest

I try to switch from C to D. It just goes back C in instant. Both drives are SSD and formatted as NTFS.

Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section [​IMG]

:)

Bahad1r, Dec 18, 2022
  2. Bahad1r Win User

Resetting Xbox app from advanced options, fixes this.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox Acting Weird

The external hard drive could be having a hardware issue. I would suggest picking a game you are having trouble with and via the manage game option migrate it to the internal disk. As another option you could de-install the game and then re-download
    it to the internal drive.
  4. CastBike5794380 Win User

App not coming up on my windows app list

Hello CastBike,

Sorry for the issue with your game. Have you tried going through the Xbox app and locate the game in library? It could of not installed correctly.

Thanks,

Brad
    I tried going into the library and found that my game wasn't there, so i chose the " Add a game from your PC" option and scrolled through it and didn't find it.

My games is installed on an another drive, Local Disk C having my OS and Local Disk E having the game.

Any way to find it?

Or is there anyway to delete it so i could re-download it again. I love playing it for the multiplayer and i miss it now :(
  5. Evo Fire Win User

Playing and installing at the same time?

you can only install one disk at a time, the games still run off of the disk and will not let you install a game wile playing the other from disk. if you downloaded the game from the market place then yes you can play one game and install another.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Xbox app won't launch games

Hello, alexvor20. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since you think the install location of the games may be impacting their launch (and reading your issue I also think it), then you can try to change the default location where Xbox App install your games.

To specify where to download and install Xbox games on Xbox App, use these steps:

Open Xbox app.

Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

Click on General.

(Optional) Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.

Click the Change folder option.

Select the new folder location to store Xbox games.

Click the Select Folder button.

After you complete the steps, the game files will be stored in the new folder location.

The install location of apps and games that you download from Microsoft Store is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. So change your Xbox App folder to this path, uninstall your games, install them again on this folder and see if you can run your games.
Thema:

1. Cant switch download location to another disk at game install options section - Similar Threads - Cant switch download

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    on pc cant switch drives to install games on i try to switch it and it automatically...: already tried manually moving the entire xbox file to the other drive and no luck 4ff51dd4-952d-409e-881a-be1089d2afcd
  5. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar: It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to...
  6. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  7. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?: So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see or join it? ALL are running the latest...
  8. I cant switch accounts on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on xbox: I have two Minecraft accounts on my Windows 11 computer. When I try to add another account it sends me to "Welcome Back! Switch account or Let's Play" and when I press Switch account it shows a...
  9. CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC

in XBoX Accessibility
    CAN ONLY PLAY DEMO MC/CANT SWITCH TO MY ACTUAL MC ACC: SO I OPNEND THE MC LAUNCHER TODAY AND IT TELLS ME TO JUST PLAY THE DEMO THEN IVE CHECKED IF I AM ON MY ACC WHERE I BOUGHT MC BUT APPARENTLY IM NOT THEN IM TRYNA SWITCH TO MY RIGHT ACCOUNT WHERE I...
  10. Cant log in to microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to microsoft account on switch: im trying to log in to microsoft on minecraft in switch, but it only comes up that it cant log in. Ive tried deleting minecraft data and every other thing ive seen poeople eriting on forums. How...