Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account

Discus and support Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I first received my Xbox LIVE gamertag, a random one was given to me when I selected the 'download profile' option. Now I want to transfer my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GlitzyMouse8716, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account

When I first received my Xbox LIVE gamertag, a random one was given to me when I selected the 'download profile' option. Now I want to transfer my current gamertag to a different Microsoft account I don't use any more. This is so that I can turn my current
    offline gamertag into a Xbox LIVE gamertag using my original Microsoft account. However, when I try to swap accounts, the following error message is displayed: "Sorry, but we can't swap your account right now. Please try again later." Does anyone know why
    this is happening? Did Microsoft stop the 'account swap' option?

:)

GlitzyMouse8716, Apr 23, 2017
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Apr 23, 2017
  3. BriceMcMillan, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there GlitzyMouse8716.

Did you recently create the Microsoft Account you're trying to switch to? If so, you'll need to wait 30 days from the date the email was created in order to move your Gamertag.

Mister Maka, Apr 27, 2017
  5. It has been WAAAYYY more than one month since i got my xlive gamertag and i want to change the microsoft account associated with it. I dont have any funds on this account either. this message comes up all the time:

Sorry, we can't change your microoft account. For more info, go to xbox.com/Accountswap.

so what is the problem? pls reply.

GlitzyMouse8716, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there GlitzyMouse8716.

Did you recently create the Microsoft Account you're trying to switch to? If so, you'll need to wait 30 days from the date the email was created in order to move your Gamertag.
  7. GlitzyMouse8716 Win User

It has been WAAAYYY more than one month since i got my xlive gamertag and i want to change the microsoft account associated with it. I dont have any funds on this account either. this message comes up all the time:

Sorry, we can't change your microoft account. For more info, go to xbox.com/Accountswap.

so what is the problem? pls reply.
  8. BriceMcMillan Win User

I need to delete an account!

9. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Is changing the Microsoft Account to another one possible if the second account has a gamertag associated with it already?Mi

10. AVENGING STAR Win User

Trying to change gamertag to new email. "sorry we can't change your account right now!!"

no. I created a new email, tried to swap my gamertag over to it, got the "Sorry we can't change your microsoft account right now" message, spoke to support and was told that I had to wait for the email address to be 30 days old before I can swap. Waited
    30 days, tried again only to get "Sorry we can't change your microsoft account right now" and no idea what to do next. frustrating is the word. I can't believe it can be so difficult to do such a simple task with my account. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
Thema:

1. Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can't swap gamertag

2. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  3. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  4. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  5. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  6. Can't get my prize in MS rewards is it fake?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't get my prize in MS rewards is it fake?: I purchased MS rewards from for a life time of Xbox game pass they gave me the confirmation number I thought that would the code but when I tried it it did not worked...
  7. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  8. I can't sign in on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in on backwards compatible games: I can do the download profile because my password is longer that 16 characters can anyone help me please dadf3f99-b3a7-4ddc-9631-417761c36805
  9. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  10. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...