Can't stream Xbox Series X to Windows PC (Console Companion APP, normal and beta)

Discus and support Can't stream Xbox Series X to Windows PC (Console Companion APP, normal and beta) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As per the Title, when trying to stream to a windows PC I keep getting told streaming is turned off on the xbox, however streaming to the android xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Pejamas69, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Pejamas69
    Pejamas69 Guest

Can't stream Xbox Series X to Windows PC (Console Companion APP, normal and beta)

As per the Title, when trying to stream to a windows PC I keep getting told streaming is turned off on the xbox, however streaming to the android xbox app works fine. The Windows app can identify the
    xbox, connect to it but not actually stream, is any one able to test this as well, is it just me or is it broken?

Remote features is ticked, allow connections from any device is ticked and allow play to streaming is ticked and console is set to
    instant on.

:)

Pejamas69, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

Hello amramlinebarger, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

The Xbox Console Companion app is mainly for Windows 10 and allows you to stream your Xbox One to One X consoles on Windows 10. This app does not work with the Series X/S consoles though and the Xbox app is recommended for streaming to your PC if you're running Windows 11.

If you are running Windows 11 the only way we'd ask you to try installing the app is if you were having trouble with your Xbox games just to see if that would help.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox game pass is not ultimate

Streaming on the Console Companion App is not available for the Series S/X.
  4. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Xbox one connection to PC

Hi There,

With windows 10 you can use the Xbox Companion App to stream your console to your PC.
  5. wi7bit Win User

i can't game stream on xbox series x/s

Hi Alfrddd

Streaming on the console companion on PC is not supported on the Xbox series consoles. Only Xbox One.

The only platform that you can currently stream from is iOS and Android, using the Xbox app.

Hope that helps.
  6. AWildYamiEnters Win User

Unable to access Xbox game pass ultimate games on PC

Do you have the Xbox beta app for PC and not Xbox Console Companion? That is the only way to use Game Pass on PC. I believe you'll have to update Windows 10 in order to get the beta app.
Thema:

1. Can't stream Xbox Series X to Windows PC (Console Companion APP, normal and beta) - Similar Threads - Can't stream Series

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  4. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  5. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  6. Can't stream

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream: Whenever I try to stream on my xbox it takes me to a loading screen, then it takes me to "select streaming platform" for a few seconds. until finally it takes me to the twitch link page even...
  7. Why Can't I Stream?????

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Can't I Stream?????: Hi all, I'm currently trying to stream some Crackdown 3 for a YouTube series I'm trying to make, however every time I click the "Start your stream" button I am told to link my Twitch account to my...
  8. I can't stream my Xbox to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't stream my Xbox to my PC: Whenever I try, it shows the rocket then goes to a black screen then pops an error saying "Disconnected from cloud gaming session Something went wrong, please try again later." I can stream fine...
  9. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  10. PC Xcloud Stream Can't Be Relaunched?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xcloud Stream Can't Be Relaunched?: So I started trying out some games on PC (Usually play of the console) using the game stream option. I can launch a game once fine. But if I close or get disconnected I can't relaunch the stream...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox console companion app streaming series x