Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.

Discus and support Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am in the USMC, I live in the barracks, therefore I have to pay for a wifi subscription with a wifi hotspot service named Boingo. The wifi works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Angelo R.Pagano, May 29, 2020.

1. Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.

I am in the USMC, I live in the barracks, therefore I have to pay for a wifi subscription with a wifi hotspot service named Boingo. The wifi works perfectly fine and I can game at really good speeds, however my laptop and Xbox One cannot detect each other
    because the public access point that I'm connected to does not allow for devices to detect each other, purely for security reasons. How can I set up my UPnP so that my laptop can detect my Xbox one and I can stream?

:)

Angelo R.Pagano, May 29, 2020
  2. bigrob15876 Win User

I am sorry to hear that you are in the USMC lol. Hated toting you guy around on my ship. Anyway to your question, since you live in the barracks and are connecting through their wifi, you will not be able to modify the UPnP settings for their router. Sorry
    for the bad news.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

in the router you will have 2.4 ghz channel and 5 ghz channel, you need to make sure your xbox and laptop are connected to the same one, by default they are named the same in the router and your router connects devices to the most convenient, renaming the
    5 ghz will give you the choice which to choose when searching a wifi to connect to.

5 ghz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance, 2.4 ghz offers coverage for further distances, but may perform at slower speeds.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Only the network administrators will have access to UPnP on the network. You won't be able to change these settings. Sorry.
  5. Wheeljaws84 Win User

Connecting an Xbox One S to a laptop.

Thank you for replying. I have tried to set up streaming from the console to my laptop, but I cannot get it to work. I have the app downloaded on my laptop, but I can't connect my console to my laptop. When ever I try to set up a stream, I get a message saying that I need to make sure both devices are on the same network. I know both devices are on the same WiFi network, so I am at a loss there.
  6. eviltedi Win User

Which Internet speed is recommended?

I have done a few speed tests, from just a laptop on, up to a max of two laptops, 3 Xbox 360s and an Xbox One and a Kindle, 8 down would just about be enough with all running basically, but problems arrived with multiple streaming, and with the Xbox One
    updating ? Well, it eats it up. Can't wait for fibre.
Thema:

1. Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi. - Similar Threads - Can't stream laptop

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  4. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  5. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  6. Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.: So, for the past I'd say maybe 2 weeks I've been streaming my Xbox to my laptop with no problem, only until recently. Every time I click stream it shows this popup saying I need to sign into my...
  7. I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop: When ever I try to stream my Xbox One, it starts streaming then tells me I don't have a controller connected to my Xbox or computer, it reads: There are no controller attached to this PC. Attach...
  8. Can't stream to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream to laptop: My laptop has been connected to the same router via Ethernet cables. It used to work flawlessly but lately I have to try many times to get it to connect. Tonight has been a disaster, The can see...
  9. Can't stream from Xbox to Laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream from Xbox to Laptop: Up until this week, I've been able to stream from my Xbox One to my laptop. However, the last few times I have tried, I would get a minute or two out of it before the streaming would crash...
  10. Since last console update i can't stream to laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since last console update i can't stream to laptop: I don't own a TV right now and the only way I can use my console is via streaming... Ever since the latest console update i can't stay connected more than a minute.. It's not my connection. The...