Can't stream to laptop

Discus and support Can't stream to laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop has been connected to the same router via Ethernet cables. It used to work flawlessly but lately I have to try many times to get it to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lars Umlaut, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest

Can't stream to laptop

My laptop has been connected to the same router via Ethernet cables. It used to work flawlessly but lately I have to try many times to get it to connect. Tonight has been a disaster, The can see eachother. I keep getting "We couldn't stream from your console.
    Try again later" messages.

I have uninstalled the App, and re-installed to no avail.

Any suggestions?

:)

Lars Umlaut, Mar 15, 2016
  2. How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Hi, you can't project from Xbox to PC/Laptop using hdmi. It's just not possible. You can stream from Xbox One to Windows 10 Xbox app though.

StuartATrueRed, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Kahnigut
    Kahnigut Guest
    "Can't connect to your console. Make sure it's turned on and connected to the network."

Hi, I just started trying to stream games to my laptop using Windows 10 and seconds after my laptop starts streaming, it disconnects, the stream closes and the message "Can't connect to your console. Make sure it's turned on and connected to the network."
    (even though after disconnecting it immediately connects to the console again) I've managed to launch different apps and games, but still, a few seconds after the stream would begin it would disconnect. My system meets all the hardware requirements, I'm connected
    using a wireless router and my Xbox and laptop are the only devices connected to the network. I can't use an ethernet cable, unfortunately, because of my laptop's distance from it and my Xbox's distance from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kahnigut, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest

Can't stream to laptop

Hi Lars, What version of the app are you using? When your trying to connect what scenario is happening? Is the App failing to sign in? Or is the App failing to connect with your Xbox One? '

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest
    I am running 14.14.16008.00000.

I just checked now and it worked fine. I have had no problems running the app. I can see the Xbox and everything looks fine. It just said it couldn't connect and to try again later. Very frustrating.

Lars Umlaut, Mar 16, 2016
  6. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Hi Lars, good to hear its resolved. Let us know if the issue reappears.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best

Bestlano, Mar 16, 2016
  7. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest
    Well, it's reappeared. Same thing happening again.

Lars Umlaut, Mar 16, 2016
  8. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest

Can't stream to laptop

Hi Lars, Thanks for the update. The connection issues is something the developers are investigating. What would be of great help is if you can try reproducing the issue by using the Xbox App (Beta). The beta is running latest version: 15.15.11005.0000.
    If you encounter the issue immediately click the smiley face and use the "Report a problem". This will provide helpful data and report it to the developers for investigation. To download the beta version just go to Windows Store and search for "Xbox App
    Beta".

Thanks for the feedback,

Best

Bestlano, Mar 17, 2016
  9. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest
    Downloaded the Beta....worked this afternoon. And once again it's not working now...same problem.

Lars Umlaut, Mar 17, 2016
  10. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Thanks for checking. Please go ahead and report this issue using the "Report a problem" in the beta version if you haven't already. The data will be of help to request the developers to investigate.

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Mar 18, 2016
  11. HieroGLFX
    HieroGLFX Guest
    I get this often and the only remedy is to reboot the Xbox. Hold the Xbox logo on the console until it turns off. Then, turn it back on. It's a bit annoying since rebooting takes longer for the console to start up.

HieroGLFX, Mar 22, 2016
  12. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest
    Hadn't tried it in a while but I tried to stream this morning. The laptop and the Xbone were both turned on and streaming wasn't working.

I rebooted both (hard reset on the Xbone) and that worked. Thanks for the fix...hopefully MS comes up with a solution.

Lars Umlaut, Mar 27, 2016
  13. klutch14u
    klutch14u Guest

Can't stream to laptop

Yep, same problem I have now. I get this anytime I've recently played from my console. I've found if I clear the known console from my Xbox app, unplug the console, then plug it back in and start it, let it rediscover within the app, it'll work again.
    Until I play directly from the console again, then it's the exact same procedure again. Seems like this has been since the most recent windows updates

klutch14u, Mar 27, 2016
  14. Lars Umlaut
    Lars Umlaut Guest
    It's most definitely a new issue for me.

Lars Umlaut, Mar 27, 2016
  15. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Hi All, Thanks for report this issue. Please help us out and report this issue using the Xbox App (Beta) by using the "Report a problem" include model and make of your laptop. I have called this out in today's report requesting an investigation.

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Nov 2, 2018
  16. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Good thought but it can't be old laptop had 4G ram, MSI has 16G ram. MSI laptop is better/has more in every way but streaming...
  17. dwilford1305 Win User

Xbox one x bricked after 13 months

Well I was streaming it to my laptop. Until I did the factory reset. Now it doesnt sign me in so I can't even stream now.
  18. midnite wolf 10 Win User

WWE 2K16 Soundtrack announced

I can't figure out how to get the music to save to my xbox i streamed it to my xbox from my laptop and it only works when my laptop is running.
  19. vSolace Win User

Can I use a Laptop as a monitor screen for my Xbox One S?

Unfortunately no you can't use a laptop as a monitor but you can stream your xbox to your computer if you have Windows 10
  20. Tarnend Win User

Xbox to Laptop.

streaming to the laptop will be the only way for 99.9% of laptops out there
Thema:

Can't stream to laptop

1. Can't stream to laptop - Similar Threads - Can't stream laptop

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  4. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  5. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  6. Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.: So, for the past I'd say maybe 2 weeks I've been streaming my Xbox to my laptop with no problem, only until recently. Every time I click stream it shows this popup saying I need to sign into my...
  7. Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.: I am in the USMC, I live in the barracks, therefore I have to pay for a wifi subscription with a wifi hotspot service named Boingo. The wifi works perfectly fine and I can game at really good...
  8. I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop: When ever I try to stream my Xbox One, it starts streaming then tells me I don't have a controller connected to my Xbox or computer, it reads: There are no controller attached to this PC. Attach...
  9. Can't stream from Xbox to Laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stream from Xbox to Laptop: Up until this week, I've been able to stream from my Xbox One to my laptop. However, the last few times I have tried, I would get a minute or two out of it before the streaming would crash...
  10. Since last console update i can't stream to laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since last console update i can't stream to laptop: I don't own a TV right now and the only way I can use my console is via streaming... Ever since the latest console update i can't stay connected more than a minute.. It's not my connection. The...