Can't Stream from Wireless PC to Wired Xbox One

Discus and support Can't Stream from Wireless PC to Wired Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, First, this was the only place where I could find to post. I'm sorry if it's off topic. So... I've been trying to stream to my Xbox One from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WashableBox, Mar 22, 2015.

1. WashableBox
    WashableBox Guest

Hello,

First, this was the only place where I could find to post. I'm sorry if it's off topic.

So... I've been trying to stream to my Xbox One from my Windows 8.1 laptop, and for the life of me, could not get it to work. I looked all over. All websites provided the same information: "make sure 'Allow Play To Streaming' is on in Xbox. Make sure Xbox
    Video is installed. If your PC can't find your Xbox go to settings and add it. Etc., etc., etc." Well, I did all these things over and over; restarting; resetting; blah blah blah, until I had a revelation: what if my Xbox One needed to be connected wirelessly?
    Well, my Xbox is connected via a wired connection because overall it's better than wireless, so I unplugged the ethernet and connected wirelessly to my internet connection. Voila! There's my Xbox One.

My question: Can I stream from my wireless PC to my wired Xbox One? Same router. Same network.

It seems weird that two devices can't see each other on the same network if one is wired and one is wireless. All other networks I work with don't care how the device is connected, just that it is connected.

Thanks a whole bunch! I look forward to this discussion.

:)

WashableBox, Mar 22, 2015
  2. let24365
    let24365 Guest
    How Can I Hook My Xbox One Up To My Laptop And Play On My Laptoo

You can stream games from the Xbox One to PC using the Xbox app on your PC. It can be a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless connection. Xbox app connects your PC with your Xbox One.

let24365, Mar 22, 2015
  3. Warm Beans
    Warm Beans Guest
    Need help with Windows Media Center

Hey there, not sure if this is the right section, so sorry.

I'm trying to set up Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360 so that I can stream movies from my PC upstairs to my Xbox downstairs. The thing is, my Xbox 360 is on a wireless connection, while my PC is on a wired connection. I don't have the means to get a wired
    connection for my Xbox, so is there a way that I can still stream movies from my WIRED CONNECTION PC to my WIRELESS CONNECTION XBOX?

Warm Beans, Mar 22, 2015
  4. let24365 Win User

How Can I Hook My Xbox One Up To My Laptop And Play On My Laptoo

You can stream games from the Xbox One to PC using the Xbox app on your PC. It can be a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless connection. Xbox app connects your PC with your Xbox One.
  5. Magistrar Win User

Game streaming resolution when TV is off or on different input

Here's some additional details for Microsoft. I am using two xbox ones and a windows 10 pc:

- an original model xbox one connected to a 1080p tv and a wireless AC network connection

- an xbox one S connected to a 4K tv and wired networking

- windows 10 pc with a 1080p monitor and wired networking

Game streaming works perfectly to the original model xbox one with a wireless connection. From my windows 10 PC I can turn on the console, start streaming, and the resolution is great.

With the xbox one S though, even though I have a wired network connection to both the PC and that xbox, I will only be able to stream in 640x480 resolution unless I turn on the TV before I try to stream. I can also report that if I do turn on the TV first
    and begin streaming in 1080p, I can then turn off the TV without affecting my 1080p streaming until I turn the xbox off.

This appears to be a bug for our particular configuration, and it's not getting any attention from Microsoft because their streaming test cases are passing. It could be a difference of original model xbox vs. xbox one S, but I'm expecting it has something
    to do with the 4K display settings on the xbox, HDCP, and/or trying to stream to a lower resolution of 1080p.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

XBOX ONE Media Player no longer finds music on network

Hey there, sc0ttw! I'm sorry to see any streaming issues. The ability to stream music from your PC has not been removed, so let's see if we can figure out what is going on.

Most of the time, a firewall is what is blocking music files from being streamed. Has your antivirus on your computer recently updated and possibly caused the music to no longer be seen?

If not, how are your PC and your Xbox One connected to the router in your house? Are they both wired, wireless, or is one wired and one wireless?

Additionally, if you could post up what router you have, this will help us ensure there are no known issues with that device that could be blocking this for any reason.

Get back to me with this, and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of this! :)
  7. jenmikechorlton Win User

My xbox one has no setting option for streaming. What do i do?

There is nothing about streaming here either, however the xbox is wired in and we can't have wireless unless we remove cable. Could it require a wireless network? Also wondering if somehow there are hardware differences in the versions of xbox one? Thanks
    for your reply.
  8. danext97 Win User

Xbox One Summer Update - after updating the game streaming to PC keeps disconnecting

I still have this problem. The stream works fine until it disconnects without previous problems. My Xbox is Wired and my pc with Wireless
Thema:

1. Can't Stream from Wireless PC to Wired Xbox One - Similar Threads - Can't Stream Wireless

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  4. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  5. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  6. Can't stream

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream: Whenever I try to stream on my xbox it takes me to a loading screen, then it takes me to "select streaming platform" for a few seconds. until finally it takes me to the twitch link page even...
  7. Why Can't I Stream?????

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Can't I Stream?????: Hi all, I'm currently trying to stream some Crackdown 3 for a YouTube series I'm trying to make, however every time I click the "Start your stream" button I am told to link my Twitch account to my...
  8. I can't stream my Xbox to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't stream my Xbox to my PC: Whenever I try, it shows the rocket then goes to a black screen then pops an error saying "Disconnected from cloud gaming session Something went wrong, please try again later." I can stream fine...
  9. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  10. PC Xcloud Stream Can't Be Relaunched?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xcloud Stream Can't Be Relaunched?: So I started trying out some games on PC (Usually play of the console) using the game stream option. I can launch a game once fine. But if I close or get disconnected I can't relaunch the stream...