Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online

Discus and support Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has an xbox 360 and we got him an xbox 1 for xmas. I used my live account from the 360 to sign into the xbox 1, and added my 8yo son, I had no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C and T Daddy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online

My son has an xbox 360 and we got him an xbox 1 for xmas. I used my live account from the 360 to sign into the xbox 1, and added my 8yo son, I had no option but to create him a live account which I am not happy with, on the 360 he had a local account with
    no internet access. We had the fifa bundle so I downloaded 42Gigs (what a joke) of the game. When my son logs in it says "The person who downloaded the games needs to log in" So I have to log in, my son is able to get online in the game even though I have
    blocked EVERYTHING in the privacy settings. He cannot play against his friends when they visit as they dont have an account or he could just switch to my account....This seems CRAP!

Also if I log into his live account using a web browser he is able to add further child accounts, but amazinggly he is able to add a parantal account

Please help, if I cant stop him getting online I will have to return the xbox

I am a highly qualified security consultant with CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH and CHFI qualifications.

:)

C and T Daddy, Dec 29, 2016
  2. Stop trying to log into GTA Online.......

....so I'll have a better chance of getting online.

Stop being selfish, stop thinking only about yourself.......think about me and my feelings first. 8)

Move I got this, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Parental controls

How do I set up parental controls on my online account for my 10 yo son, on Xbox live . Thanks

BUCK WILD123456, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there C and T Daddy.

Have you set the Xbox One as your account's Home console? If you do that, your son should be able to access the games without your account being signed in. If you have parental settings set up for his account to prevent him from playing online, it sounds like
    he might be playing from your account which allows for the work around to play online.

Mister Maka, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Mister Maka

OK have done that and he can run FIFA17 without me being logged in, but when he clicks the online feature in the game he can still get online, it logs him into EA servers and even gives him the option to create a new account! Even though I have blocked everything
    in his account on the xbox.

How do I stop him playing the games installed/dowloaded under my account that are not age appropriate for him, now I have set the xbox to be my home xbox?

He still has the ability to create adult and child accounts when he logs into live using a web browser!

As soon as a sibling/child account is created and identified, by default all should be blocked and a management screen for the parent to allocate what the child can and cant have access to, and in simple understanable english.

I must admit I am very surprised at manner this is delivered in the console GUI, child safety should be paramount and seemless, not hidden behind multiple screens. I am a 15 year IT security veteran and I am struggling, people not so IT literate wont have
    a clue and will be putting their children at risk.

MS needs to get its act together!

A dissapointed father.

C and T Daddy, Jan 7, 2017
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there C and T Daddy.

To clarify, your son is creating new accounts to work around the current child protection you've set up? You should be able to limit access to content with the step on this

Family Safety Feature Troubleshooter
    , have you already given that a go?

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  7. C and T Daddy Win User

Hey there .

Have you set the Xbox One as your account's Home console? If you do that, your son should be able to access the games without your account being signed in. If you have parental settings set up for his account to prevent him from playing online, it sounds like
    he might be playing from your account which allows for the work around to play online.
    Mister Maka

OK have done that and he can run FIFA17 without me being logged in, but when he clicks the online feature in the game he can still get online, it logs him into EA servers and even gives him the option to create a new account! Even though I have blocked everything
    in his account on the xbox.

How do I stop him playing the games installed/dowloaded under my account that are not age appropriate for him, now I have set the xbox to be my home xbox?

He still has the ability to create adult and child accounts when he logs into live using a web browser!

As soon as a sibling/child account is created and identified, by default all should be blocked and a management screen for the parent to allocate what the child can and cant have access to, and in simple understanable english.

I must admit I am very surprised at manner this is delivered in the console GUI, child safety should be paramount and seemless, not hidden behind multiple screens. I am a 15 year IT security veteran and I am struggling, people not so IT literate wont have
    a clue and will be putting their children at risk.

MS needs to get its act together!

A dissapointed father.
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there C and T Daddy.

To clarify, your son is creating new accounts to work around the current child protection you've set up? You should be able to limit access to content with the step on this

Family Safety Feature Troubleshooter
    , have you already given that a go?
  9. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there C and T Daddy.

10. PhilMarck Win User

Urgent.. Does anyone on Xbox live know how to rap or freestyle?

WHAT UP SON

MY NAME'S DOGGYSTYLE

I COME FROM THE UNDERGROUND

I LIVE IN THA STREETS

AND OWN THEM BITCHEZ FOR PIMPIN STUFF YO

YO ONLY LIVE ONCE SO YA BETTA DO IT RITE THE FIRST TIME

YO

LATES
  11. CreepyFoot8017 Win User

taken money from my account for years subscription to xbox live

how do i get a response from member of somebody that works for xbox live - cant answer my question over the phone dispite two phone calls to them and an online chat to them they have taken my money for an account that they will not let my son use,
Thema:

1. Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online - Similar Threads - Cant stop son

2. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  3. cant find a way to stop this

in XBoX on Windows
    cant find a way to stop this: My xbox keeps disconnecting from my WiFi then reconnecting n disconnecting and its not my wifi its when im playing with my friends or when i come off of a single player game...
  4. how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an...: hi so i play a lot of fortnite on Xbox One X and turns out my friends and others are WATCHING my game, i noticed my mates is BROADCAST OFF under his name...i would like that. also, there is an...
  5. i cant remember my xbox account email... i needd to stop my payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant remember my xbox account email... i needd to stop my payment: i have an Xbox one account, but i cant remember my email. i can only remember my password and nota number to my Xbox. i dont use my account anymore so i need to stop the payment ASAP... please...
  6. i have been broadcasting for over 105 hours, and i cant stop it through mixer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have been broadcasting for over 105 hours, and i cant stop it through mixer.: even though my xbox is off and i am logged off all my accounts, my friends say i still appear online and that im broadcasting. how do i fix this issue. 4ed02d54-e425-49b6-89b0-5f0d0250a7f8
  7. Turn off melee attack in games.? Cant stop accidentally pressing it when playing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turn off melee attack in games.? Cant stop accidentally pressing it when playing.: Everytime I go to fire I melee instead and die. I want to turn that button completely off.. Giving up melee will cost me 3 kills a game.. but it going off all the time is costing me 20. Will the...
  8. i cant stop my sons friend from accessing his account

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant stop my sons friend from accessing his account: my son and his friend decided to "gameshare" by giving each over there account details. his friend then decided to start using our gold, gamepass and ea access. he then proceeded to stealing...
  9. hi cant install FIFA 17, stopped downloading half way now just wont install full stop, new xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi cant install FIFA 17, stopped downloading half way now just wont install full stop, new xbox: new xbox digital download as code included on purchas e4404497-1948-437f-b3c0-e7eb9f2038e4
  10. my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ...: my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from happening 1f63170d-aad9-475f-af1c-4628801b338e