Cant stay connected.

Discus and support Cant stay connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Upon getting on my xbox360 today,I am unable to stay signed in for more then about 10 minutes,I keep getting the message that says xbox live can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest

Cant stay connected.

Upon getting on my xbox360 today,I am unable to stay signed in for more then about 10 minutes,I keep getting the message that says xbox live can't aquire IP address,and instructs me to disconnect the power from the router and reconnect it after 30 seconds.
    I've done that twice today in the space of 20 minutes or so,and I still can't stay connected,it's really starting to anger me. I have Verizon internet. Is it something on xbox lives end,or is my internet just not agreeing with my xbox360?

:)

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  2. controllers cant stay connected

my controllers can't stay connected to the xbox one console wirelessly unless i bring them very close to the console even when the batteries are fully charged. can i get any help in resolving this?

AbubakarIddrisu, Apr 14, 2014
  3. i am connected but cant stay connected

Hey boomer, very sorry to hear about this issue! Okay, have you had a chance to try resetting your network hardware since getting the adapter? You can reset your modem and router by unplugging power to both for about 15 seconds. When restoring power, plug
    the modem in first, and then wait for all of the lights on the modem to come up. When those are all active, plug in the router. Once those lights are flashing normally, go ahead and run a LIVE connection test on the console.

If you've already tried that, then let's try resetting the console's network settings to default, and then reconfigure the network with that new adapter in mind. When you're done, please do post an update! Cant stay connected. :)

Reset network settings to default:

• Go to the Settings hub.
    • Select System.
    • Select Network Settings
    • Select your network.
    • Choose Configure Network Settings.
    • Scroll to the Additional Settings tab.
    • Choose Restore to factory defaults.

Mister Fitzer, Apr 14, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Cant stay connected.

Greetings Doomrings!

Would you say this is affecting your connectivity to Xbox LIVE in general, or is it title specific? For example, Black Ops II?

Post back and let us know.

taidara, Apr 14, 2014
  5. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    I haven't been on Black Ops 2 today yet. It looks like its affecting my connectivity in general,everything was fine up until today. Could the problem with Black Ops 2 be affecting xbox live?

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Not if its affecting your connectivity to LIVE in general, no!

Please read:
    forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx
    And post back in full detail (the questions in bold), so that we can better understand your situation.

Could you restore your console's network settings to factory defaults and afterwards, run a diagnostic test to Xbox LIVE and have us know the outcome.

Go to Xbox Network Settings and select Configure Network. Select the Additional settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Restart your console and head over to network settings. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Thank you!

taidara, Apr 14, 2014
  7. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA Rhode Island

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number: Not sure

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried: Resetting router

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter: Yes

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon Internet

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-000B

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: 0001-0002

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

D: 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0

S:

C:

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

Cant stay connected.

Thank you Doom!

Still, there're some information missing which is made valuable for us to help you find a solution.

Modem brand & model number: ?

Router brand & model number: ?

Did you try to restore your console's network settings to factory defaults?

Have you tried to connect your console using a different Ethernet cable?

Thank you!

taidara, Apr 14, 2014
  9. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    Modem brand & model number: Dont know where to look for modem brand or anything,sorry

Router brand & model number: ActionTec M1424WR Rev 1. Not sure what that means.

I also have a 16 port internet switch in my room,that leads to my xbox.

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="Doomrings"]Router brand & model number: ActionTec M1424WR Rev 1[/quote]The ActionTec M1424WR is actually a modem with built-in router/NAT. So, I assume this is the only device that divide your Local Area Network and the Wide Area Network (facing
    to the public side of your network)?

[quote user="Doomrings"]I also have a 16 port internet switch in my room,that leads to my xbox.[/quote]I assume this is a layer 2 switch? Meaning, that it only handle MAC addresses?

If its possible, try connect your console directly to your M1424WR, to see if your console is able to obtain IP address and information about its default gateway (ActionTec M1424WR).

Is it possible for you to use wireless connectivity with your console?

taidara, Apr 14, 2014
  11. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    Never tired wireless. I can't connect my console to the router because they're on seperate floors. I don't know what kind of switch it is,it has 16 ports to connect to. I forgot to mention,that both times it kicked me off,i was on the Youtube app for the
    xbox360,not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  12. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    No matter what I try,from moving the internet cable down one port to disconnecting and reconnecting,it just won't stay connect to xbox live,really at the end of my rope here.

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

Cant stay connected.

So, even if you bypass the switch, to make a direct connection between the MI424-WR and your console, the problem persists?

[quote user="Doomrings"]D: 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0[/quote]Did you zero out those values deliberately, or are those the actually values you see after you've run the connectivity test to Xbox LIVE?

Can you follow the advice, regarding
    known issues, in the relationship between UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and the MI424-WR.

taidara, Apr 14, 2014
  14. Doomrings
    Doomrings Guest
    Those values on D are what i saw after i ran the test.

Doomrings, Apr 14, 2014
  15. taidara
    taidara Guest
    That would mean that your console is unable to speak/communicate with your router and more precisely, the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server on your router. That is, as long as your console obtain IP configuration dynamically.

Even if you've already tried what I'm about to suggest, let's give it a try (if its possible) and let us know if your console is able to communicate properly with your router.

Reset your Xbox network settings to factory defaults and power down your console.

Go to Xbox Network Settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Connect your console directly to your ActionTec gateway (possibly a different LAN port).

If its possible, try use a different Ethernet cable.

Turn on your console and run a connectivity test to Xbox LIVE and let us know if your console is able to obtain a unique IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, primary DNS information from your router, as you would see under normal conditions.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  16. taidara Win User

Cant stay connected.

So, even if you bypass the switch, to make a direct connection between the MI424-WR and your console, the problem persists?

[quote user="Doomrings"]D: 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0[/quote]Did you zero out those values deliberately, or are those the actually values you see after you've run the connectivity test to Xbox LIVE?

Can you follow the advice, regarding
    known issues, in the relationship between UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and the MI424-WR.
  17. Doomrings Win User

Cant stay connected.

No matter what I try,from moving the internet cable down one port to disconnecting and reconnecting,it just won't stay connect to xbox live,really at the end of my rope here.
  18. taidara Win User

Cant stay connected.

Greetings Doomrings!

Would you say this is affecting your connectivity to Xbox LIVE in general, or is it title specific? For example, Black Ops II?

Post back and let us know.
  19. taidara Win User

Cant stay connected.

That would mean that your console is unable to speak/communicate with your router and more precisely, the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server on your router. That is, as long as your console obtain IP configuration dynamically.

Even if you've already tried what I'm about to suggest, let's give it a try (if its possible) and let us know if your console is able to communicate properly with your router.

Reset your Xbox network settings to factory defaults and power down your console.

Go to Xbox Network Settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Connect your console directly to your ActionTec gateway (possibly a different LAN port).

If its possible, try use a different Ethernet cable.

Turn on your console and run a connectivity test to Xbox LIVE and let us know if your console is able to obtain a unique IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, primary DNS information from your router, as you would see under normal conditions.
  20. Doomrings Win User

Cant stay connected.

Those values on D are what i saw after i ran the test.
Thema:

Cant stay connected.

1. Cant stay connected. - Similar Threads - Cant stay connected

2. i cant log into my roblox account, it just stays like this for more than 20 minutes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant log into my roblox account, it just stays like this for more than 20 minutes: [img] i scan the qr code and it says its confirming my login on my other device but nothing happens for more than 20 minutes 46b24189-1e04-4747-a221-1493d272d115
  3. xbox live? in my xbox i cant stay connected to xbox live i redeemed 2 cards and now i cant...

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live? in my xbox i cant stay connected to xbox live i redeemed 2 cards and now i cant...: xbox live? in my xbox i cant stay connected to xbox live i redeemed 2 cards and now i cant get in to my account on my xbox will not stay connected to xbox live what a rip off xbox is...
  4. i cant stay logged into microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant stay logged into microsoft: everytime i try to invite someone to my game since they did away with bedrock, i cant invite anyone without signing back into microsoft. Well tonight im signed into micro soft and i still cant...
  5. Why cant I stay connected to ea servers? I sign in to ea and 10 seconds later I get booted...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I stay connected to ea servers? I sign in to ea and 10 seconds later I get booted...: I sign in to ea and 10 seconds later I get booted and get a message that says I lost my connection to the EA servers. 1c8555aa-f0ef-4e53-b4f9-f46977f121c0
  6. cant stay logged in on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant stay logged in on xbox one: ever since all the updates on the xbox one im having troubles staying logged in cause everytime i go to my xbox one its automatically signed me out and i have to keep signing in its never done...
  7. Cant stay connected to EA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant stay connected to EA: to EA server, on ALL my EA games, I last maybe 5 minutes an BAM Im kicked to the curb. ed624060-c6e3-4e9e-96d6-c3e87629f11e
  8. controllers cant stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    controllers cant stay connected: my controllers can't stay connected to the xbox one console wirelessly unless i bring them very close to the console even when the batteries are fully charged. can i get any help in resolving...
  9. Cant stay connected to Xbox LIVE when starting up a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant stay connected to Xbox LIVE when starting up a game.: I can connect to Xbox Live just fine in the dashboard. The problem occurs when I go to load/play a game. As the game is loading I check the status of my connection I notice I'm no longer connected...
  10. i cant stay connected 2 xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant stay connected 2 xbox live: as of this afternoon i cant stay connected . all wire connections & network tests are fine . also my gold dosent exp until 4-1-14 . every time i try 2 start a game or an app i'm immediately...