Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

Discus and support Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Overall the problem is that it says my accounts are linked but when I go to stream it pops up saying I need to link my account, I do what it says then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Resident_Drink_1693, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

Overall the problem is that it says my accounts are linked but when I go to stream it pops up saying I need to link my account, I do what it says then boom it pops up again and again and again. I saw a sub Reddit here with a lot of people experiencing the same issue and NOBODY has an answer.

Below is my email that I sent to twitch.

Hi my name is Steven and I’m writing to today in hopes that this issue can get resolved ASAP. I’m representing (to my knowledge) at least 250+ people with this same issue that has not been resolved for over 2 YEARS!!!! The issue at hand is that I have streamed on twitch for a long time through my Xbox one X and not have had a single issue, I go to stream the other day and it pops up with a prompt that says “link your twitch account” with a code and a QR code. I think this is just a small minor error right? Maybe I misclicked and signed out or maybe it’s just being buggy. So I pull my phone out and scan the QR code where it takes me to twitch authorize website for my Xbox one and I hit authorize. It starts to load and then bam the prompt that says “link your twitch account” pops up again. I try doing it through my console this time and boom same thing happens. This has now been almost 24hrs and I’m in an endless loop of trying to link my twitch account and start streaming!! Everywhere, it says that my account is linked to my Xbox. My Xbox mobile app says I’m connected to twitch, my computer when I pull my account up says I’m connected to my Xbox, MY XBOX says I’m connected to twitch and linked. But when I go to stream and hit the “start stream” tab it pops up with a prompt that says “link your twitch account” I don’t get it!!!!! I have tried absolutely everything, I have tried down uninstall and reinstall the twitch app on my phone, Xbox, and computer multiple times! I have tried logging out of every device my twitch is signed into and just logging into My Xbox. I have tried factory resetting my Xbox, I even tried resetting my internet connection! Nothing has worked. There is a Reddit forum online with over 500 comments of people with the same issue that dates over 2 YEARS ago and NOBODY has found a solution!!!! At this point I am very upset and very depressed as I cannot play and enjoy the games that I have wanted to play. And it makes me thing as what if this was my job? What if I was a full time streamer making a living off of twitch and then this happens??? I don’t have the money for a new Xbox or a PC otherwise this problem has given me such a headache I would have loved to just buy my way out of this issue!! There has to be a fix for this. Everywhere I read online it says that when people try reaching out to you that twitch says it’s an Xbox problem, and then when you hit up Xbox they say it’s a twitch problem. I have tried everything and this is just really emotionally sad. I just spent 300$ on Black Friday and getting a new mic, Astro a40 headset, and a new elite 2 controller and now this happens to where I can’t even stream even though it says my accounts are linked!?!?

submitted by /u/Resident_Drink_1693
    [link] [comments]

/u/Resident_Drink_1693, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Chris Gelon Win User

"Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

3. HASHxBROWNS Win User

Stream with the Xbox one

4. bobbygilmour Win User

I can’t sign into my Twitch on Xbox after enabling 2Fa.

I’ve already tried to do that but I’m stuck in some kind of loop. When I get sent the SMS codes, it claims I’ve now linked my twitch and Xbox account but when I go onto twitch it just tells me to do the same thing again.
  5. shawn white1 Win User

Why cant I stream to Twitch from my Xbox even though it is showing them as linked?

I have been trying to stream from my Xbox to Twitch with no success. I went to Capture & share and clicked live streaming. I followed the instructions to link Twitch and Xbox. As soon as I link them the screen on my xbox refreshes and gives me an activation code as though I havent linked them. When I look in settings it shows Twitch as linked and when I look on Twitch it shows Xbox as linked.

I have tried unlinking then linking again, resetting Xbox numerous times, removed my account, power cycled (hold power button 10 secs and unplug for 30 secs) and adding my account again. I have also checked all my settings to make sure everything is allowed so I can stream.

I have great internet and an open NAT. I'm on Series S.
    Ok you have to follow the steps you have to do the activation code and you have to link it to your Xbox and I believe your twitch account
  6. maxen Win User

No stream while using Twitch

OK, so to clarify: on Xbox One, you start streaming and it says you're Live, but on Twitch it says you're offline?

There are only a few solutions I can think of, and some of them may seem stupid to suggest but I want to be thorough:

Are you sure you linked the correct Twitch account?

Does it actually say you're Live on the Twitch app, or did it fail without your knowledge? Or perhaps you're on the set-up screen (which shows your stream and, if applicable, Kinect camera preview, but is not actually streaming this)?

You could also get a friend to attempt to view your stream from their friends list - click on your name which will show you're streaming and they can click that to open the stream in the Twitch app. If that works, it further suggests it may be linked to
    the wrong Twitch account.

I'm not sure what else it could be, but let us know if any of these scenarios apply and if not we can work from there.
Thema:

Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

1. Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account - Similar Threads - Cant start stream

2. I Cant start my Games what can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Cant start my Games what can I do?: I’ve been playing Nba 2k 24 and fifa 23 and all of a sudden today I can start it but I don’t get in the menu to play I’m basically stuck in the loading screen I already checked if I’m connected...
  3. when i go to account manage the site start reloading forever and i cant go to my subs...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i go to account manage the site start reloading forever and i cant go to my subs...: i tried to cancel it from my phone then my ipad and its the same happing 15b9e3e5-205b-4d33-811e-b0c7c76666b0
  4. Today my xbox took my progress and started me back to level 1.I cant use any of my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Today my xbox took my progress and started me back to level 1.I cant use any of my...: My XBOX has an error Status store and subscriptions. My progress isn't showing on the game it is set back to level 1. I've been playing but with all basic load outs. The XBOX STATUS Shows a...
  5. I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider: A month or two ago I bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy and started playing the first one, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. I didn't open the other two games until I finished the...
  6. I cant download games it just started happening a day ago idk what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant download games it just started happening a day ago idk what to do.: So for a day now iv been trying to download games but for some reason everytime i try to download a game my download speed randomly slowly drops to 0 and the game stops downloading i checked my...
  7. error code that i cant find anything about when trying to start any installation of minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code that i cant find anything about when trying to start any installation of minecraft: When I try to start an installation in java it starts installing before it pauses at around 30 MB and stops, then will say either connection was reset or that there was less than 30 bytes...
  8. Cant start some game on Xbox PC /Atomic Heart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant start some game on Xbox PC /Atomic Heart: Hello So i did Tamper with the System with O&O Shutup 10, but revertet the settings to Default. [img] Psychonauts an other games are Starting, but not the one i got the Xbox Premium for....
  9. Cant start a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant start a game: When I launch game on xbox app on pc, following error appears 0x80070005. I tried sfc/scannow and thats ok idk what to do [img] e415149f-ebad-47ba-922a-51246118e9cd
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC, cant start Game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Pass PC, cant start Game: Hello, when i start cities skyline that i fully dowloaded on my pc with the game pass, it just says could connect to xbox live. When i try again it doesnt work, when i want to change acc it doesnt...