Can’t start any games or apps on my xbox

Discus and support Can’t start any games or apps on my xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with opening games or apps on my xbox. When i try to open a game or app it just sais that the game took to long to open. I’ve looked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TackoEater9183639, May 27, 2023.

1. Can’t start any games or apps on my xbox

I have a problem with opening games or apps on my xbox. When i try to open a game or app it just sais that the game took to long to open. I’ve looked at other’s that have the same problem on this site but the answers is to do somethings on the setnings app but i can’t even open the settings app and I’ve tried to restart my xbox multiple times but nothing changes. I’ve had this problen for probably 3 weeks I just don’t know how to fix it

:)

TackoEater9183639, May 27, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  4. TackoEater9183639 Win User

There are no changes from before
  5. WillNicolson Win User

Xbox rebooted

My Xbox has completely restarted. I mean from the very start. I can get back onto my account, but I can’t look at any app, or even access a single game. The games on my storage expansion card aren’t showing up as well. What do I do?
    Fixed.
  6. cwack Win User

When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?

Yes I’ve cleared over 100 gb on my Xbox but xcloud still won’t work for fallout 4 and it’s only fallout 4 that has a problem. I tried using cloud gaming on my Xbox instead but it still didn’t work. My game starts syncing and then says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” and says my Xbox is out of space for saved data
Thema:

1. Can’t start any games or apps on my xbox - Similar Threads - Can’t start games

2. When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7...: When I getting started apex says:we can’t connect to the service you need right now.HTTP7 error “this is my problem in Xbox 3713cff3-15ef-46cc-928f-56f246f59954
  3. I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....: I have an Xbox and Microsoft flight simulator. When I start msfs, it shows that it needs an update When I click on « update », it shows that it can’t do the update And then when I retry to...
  4. I can’t join/start parties?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t join/start parties?: For some reason whenever I get a party invite and go to join, it tells me there is no party available, and when I go to start a party, it doesn’t let me load into it. What can I do to fix this...
  5. I can’t start insurgency sandstorm on xbox one (2023)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start insurgency sandstorm on xbox one (2023): I am stuck in the lobby screen, everytime I get into a game there is an error code that says that I need to select a class in order to play, but the thing is I ALREADY DID. Is there a way to fix...
  6. I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message...: I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message saying there has been a “data mismatch.” I don’t know how to fix it, any ideas?...
  7. No digital nor disk game won’t start, also can’t restart Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No digital nor disk game won’t start, also can’t restart Xbox: I wanted to play forza but it kicks me out, then I tried Destiny 2 and the same thing happened even though I have a disk copy of the game. I tried to restart my console but when I click on restart...
  8. can’t save progress on gears of war 2 nor start a co-op game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can’t save progress on gears of war 2 nor start a co-op game: Cannot play gears of war 2 over cloud because Xbox live no longer supports Xbox 360 profiles and yet gears of war 2 requires an Xbox 360 profile to save progress....
  9. Suddenly can’t start new FFX game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly can’t start new FFX game.: So my gf owns FFX. Ive been loggibg her into my xbox one and swutch back to my profile to play FFX under my ganertag for the last two months. Today i open the game and suddenly get a trophy i...
  10. Can’t start game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t start game: Xbox one I keep getting this message For this the owner needs to sign in I am signed in and i only have one account on my xbox one Game in question is city skylines which i downloaded as a game...