cant spend local currency

Discus and support cant spend local currency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LacedUpForever, Jul 17, 2014.

1. cant spend local currency

i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my account and when i go to xbox.com i see the money on my xbox 360 and pc but on pc it says my 25$ is a invalid
    payment PLEASE HELP iwant cod ghosts dlcs

:)

LacedUpForever, Jul 17, 2014
  2. CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL

i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my account and when i go to xbox.com i see the money on my xbox 360 and pc but on pc it says my 25$ is a invalid
    payment PLEASE HELP iwant cod ghosts dlcs please help me

LacedUpForever, Jul 17, 2014
  3. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL

There is no way to make Xbox 360 purchases through the xbox.com Marketplace (it's stupid, I know). This is something that they are supposed to be fixing, but I don't know when.

You will need to buy the DLC through your Xbox console.

Dirty Loco, Jul 17, 2014
  4. drqg
    drqg Guest

I have the same issue. MY balance shows up as $47.62 CAD on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and on the Microsoft commerce site but on xbox.com it shows up as $0.

I'm still able to make purchases on console and my music pass is still renewing itself but I wonder why xbox.com doesn't recognize my balance.

5. yea i mean iv never had this problem when they had xbox points but i havnt had an xbox in 2 year but i got a new one and cant spend my 25$ at all idk y

LacedUpForever, Jul 18, 2014
  6. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    This is a known (idiotic) issue. There is no way to purchase content for the Xbox 360 (you can for Xbox One) using your currency from this website. You have to buy it from the Xbox console.

Dirty Loco, Jul 18, 2014
  7. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    IMO----

Idiotic is not the case. It makes perfect sense when driving traffic towards a new product.

What can you purchase from the site but not on the console itself?? Seems more silly to use the website when the monies are for the console....

BongKaos, Jul 19, 2014
  8. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest

Sorry Bongo, but I think you're completely wrong. Yes, the products you buy are for the console, but you shouldn't be restricted in the way that you buy that content. Especially when IT IS YOUR OWN MONEY that
    you are using.

Tell me, how does it "seem silly" to you to go onto a computer when you are away from your console to buy something, and have it already downloaded by the time you get home? How is it not silly to be forced to go to your console
    to buy something, then be forced to do something else while you wait for it to download? How is it not silly to be forced to exit a game session, to go to the dashboard if you want to buy something, when you can use the website without interrupting your game?

Dirty Loco, Jul 19, 2014
  9. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Well. downloads can run in the backround... No interuption.

In many cases it's NOT your money.... Take this very topic for example.....

I must also disagree with you, saying 360 purchases are not avilible on the site.... That's simply untrue.

You are never FORCED to purchase anything on any platform. That's just silly to think!!!

Purchase options are availible but, I again say it's not idiodic when driving traffic to a new product.

I guess I am A bit silly, when I want something I go get it. No need to wait...

Remember, Even if you do purchase it through a computer, your forced to do something else while to downloads to the console anyway. Many games DO NOT have you exit for DLC purchases.

Also remember, this topic is about a members 25 dollars cant spend local currency :) Please note, not 1 of my questions was answered I beg you to prove me wrong.

Not just provide an opinion.

BongKaos, Jul 21, 2014
  10. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    [quote user="BongoKaos"]

Well. downloads can run in the background... No interruption.[/quote]

1) If you have a slower Internet service, then the download will be stopped when you start the game, so yes, there is in fact, an interruption.

In what parallel universe, warped logic is it not my money? I go to work. I get paid. I spend some of the money I get paid on some pre-paid MS account currency, which I upload onto the account. Where in all of that does it
    "not" become my money? Give me a single example where the money that
    I PAID FOR is not my money.

Oh, yes. How very convenient of you to only read part of my sentence, while deliberately ignoring the very pertinent part of that sentence. Let me repeat that sentence, but this time I will highlight the part that you deliberately
    chose to ignore.

"There is no way to purchase content for the Xbox 360 (you can for Xbox One) using your currency from this website."

It's funny how only three words can make all the difference, isn't it?

Thank you for deliberately misquoting me. I never once said that you are forced to buy something. Everything I buy, I chose to buy. However what is being forced upon us is the methodology in which we have to buy it. We are
    forced to make the purchase on the console, not the website (again I will emphasis this incase you might miss it)
    if we want to use our MS currency.

I'll use an analogy. What if you went grocery shopping, and when you got to the checkout half of them were inaccessible because they don't accept $20 notes? The same sort of thing will happen here.

Purchase options using credit and debit cards are available (which I do not want to use). There is no option for the MS currency.

While I do agree with you that driving people to the new console isn't idiotic. What they are doing here isn't driving people to the new console. A company that restricts the way you purchase their products is going to drive
    people to the competition, not to their own product. And I have the Xbox One, as well as most of the games available for it, this doesn't mean I've stopped playing the 360.

I don't sit in front of my Xbox 24/7. So yes, if I too want something when I'm away from my Xbox I would like to just go get it without the need to wait, but I can't because the system won't allow me to pay on the website using
    my currency. I'm not entirely sure what your point is here.

This is only true if the thing you're purchasing is within the same game you're playing. How does this apply if I want to buy an XBL Arcade game, or a 'Games on Demand' game?

Alright, so let's go back to the question you asked, shall we.

Nothing. Nothing at all. The thing is, you're only able to purchase from the console when you're at the console. Then you need to wait for it to download. If I were to buy a 'Games on Demand' game that is a few gigs
    in size, with a relatively slow Internet connection, I'd have to wait hours for it. Or I could open the website at work (during my break, if you're going to complain about using my companies time) to buy it, and having it downloading while I'm at work ready
    for when I get home. Why is this such an unreasonable thing to want?

Dirty Loco, Jul 21, 2014
  11. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Such Passion in a response.... Very well spoken too..

Congrats!!!!!

You started by sayin-- IF--- that means its an assumption. Null and void.

Some folks use Bing or have parents pay for the service---- Null and void.

Your currency comes in many different forms-- Are you saying I can't use the currency on my CC to make a purchase??

I do sit in front of my xbox 24/7--- (did you know backround downloads continue when the console is powered off)

You are NOT entiteld to anything. Waiting is something you have to do.

All I did was provide an oposing opinion. You mad Bro??? I would expet better from an ambassador....

BongKaos, Jul 22, 2014
  12. drqg
    drqg Guest
    Bong, you're trying to hard.

13. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest

[quote user="BongoKaos"]You started by sayin-- IF--- that means its an assumption. Null and void.[/quote]

The fact that I used the wrong preposition nullifies what I said into an assumption. I wasn't aware that this was a debate about grammar. Perhaps I should have said "when" you have a slower Internet service, rather than "if".
    And yes, it is a fact (not an assumption) that downloads will stop when you load some games.

Considering that the title of this thread is "can't spend local currency", local currency is the only form of currency I am talking about. Let me make this clear, so there is no ambiguity. I am talking about the pre-paid cards
    you buy with a predetermined amount of money on it that replaced Microsoft Points. Nothing else. Not credit cards. Not paypal. Not Bing Reward (or any other promotion). Just local currency (ex MS Points).

So, to answer you're question. You can't add currency to your credit card, but you can use your credit card to make a purchase. However, I'd rather not use my credit card. I have a significant amount of money in my local currency.
    I'd rather use that.

Yes, I am aware of that. This is exactly why I would like purchase ahead of time, so that the background downloads continue when the console is powered off, an d I'm not there.

I'm not expecting entitlement. I am expecting to wait. That doesn't mean I can't wait while doing other things with my time.

Not mad. I think that the word you used at the beginning of you post, "passion" better describes it. I know that you're simply offering an opposing point of view. I just disagree with it.

Dirty Loco, Jul 22, 2014
  14. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Such passion is comendable....

Remember, all I did was say, "it's not so idiodic when driving traffic to a new product" ......

Why not start the download when you wake up??? At the end of the day, It's ready to play. No need for any other device to be used. This fits your own description. Bing rewards is indeed local currency.... Once you redeem a pre paid code it becomes
    free local currancey.....

BongKaos, Oct 31, 2018
  15. drqg Win User

Bong, you're trying to hard.
  16. Dirty Loco Win User

Sorry Bongo, but I think you're completely wrong. Yes, the products you buy are for the console, but you shouldn't be restricted in the way that you buy that content. Especially when IT IS YOUR OWN MONEY that
    you are using.

Tell me, how does it "seem silly" to you to go onto a computer when you are away from your console to buy something, and have it already downloaded by the time you get home? How is it not silly to be forced to go to your console
    to buy something, then be forced to do something else while you wait for it to download? How is it not silly to be forced to exit a game session, to go to the dashboard if you want to buy something, when you can use the website without interrupting your game?
  17. LacedUpForever Win User

yea i mean iv never had this problem when they had xbox points but i havnt had an xbox in 2 year but i got a new one and cant spend my 25$ at all idk y
  18. BongKaos Win User

IMO----

Idiotic is not the case. It makes perfect sense when driving traffic towards a new product.

What can you purchase from the site but not on the console itself?? Seems more silly to use the website when the monies are for the console....
  19. drqg Win User

I have the same issue. MY balance shows up as $47.62 CAD on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and on the Microsoft commerce site but on xbox.com it shows up as $0.

I'm still able to make purchases on console and my music pass is still renewing itself but I wonder why xbox.com doesn't recognize my balance.
Thema:

1. cant spend local currency - Similar Threads - cant spend local

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. cant play xbox cloud in morocco

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant play xbox cloud in morocco: hello microsoft team, i use microsoft game pass in my pc, its work great. now am in other city for some days, and i havent my pc but i have the META QUEST 3 the perfect device for travel because...
  4. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  5. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  6. I cant spend my giftcards

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant spend my giftcards: So my perents and friends bought me two of 10 euros giftcards, but there isnt any options i can spend the giftcards when i try to buy fifa 23 or another game/ curency. I can reedem them and...
  7. my xbox shows £15 from a gift card but cant spend it on any games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    my xbox shows £15 from a gift card but cant spend it on any games: i redeemed a £15 gift card and everything went through a normal my account in settings the page shows i have £15.50 when i try to spend it on any game my account only shows i have £0.50...
  8. Cant spend Microsoft Points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cant spend Microsoft Points: I have £10 worth of Microsoft points on my account and when going to purchase an item that is £4.99 it tells me I have insufficient funds and need to connect another payment method?Yes I am aware...
  9. I CANT SPEND MY $40

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I CANT SPEND MY $40: i just got my xbox 360 in australia and im now in new zealand i had abit of credit in aus and i have a bit left then i brought a nz xbox credit and the i entered it into the xbox 360 it didnt work...
  10. CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL: i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my account and when i go to xbox.com i see the...