Cant solve wireless/NAT issues

Discus and support Cant solve wireless/NAT issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay guys and girls, for the past few weeks, my wireless has been nothing but an issue. A few details about my setup. We have 2 xbox one consoles... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xICooRsYIx, Mar 26, 2015.

1. xICooRsYIx
    xICooRsYIx Guest

Okay guys and girls, for the past few weeks, my wireless has been nothing but an issue.

A few details about my setup.

We have 2 xbox one consoles that are sometimes running simultaneously.

I have xfinitiys newest gateway (modem/router combo) which is an **** TG862Gi believe.

I also have a Netgear Router N300 WNR2000 v4.

Before xfinity came in we were using a previous motorolla modem provided by them, that combo'd with the netgear box stated above really had no issues. Then xfinity came in and upgraded our stuff, and since then its been nothing but problems. We had open
    NATs, but upload/download speeds were so low that we could not connect with our friends, and when we could the lag would make it impossible to play.

Fast forward to yesterday i had xfinity here again and they set up the netgear router through my xfinity gateway so that my brother could connect his xbox to the gateway, and i would be on my own on the netgear router with my console. I can connect and i
    have great speed stats, but the NAT will not leave strict. I have opened all ports microsoft suggests and have done so many troubleshooting steps its not even funny. Its gotten to the point where its just getting more and more confusing the more research i
    do with all these number and letter abbreviations.

Its getting to the point where im just going to go purchase a motorolla surfboard modem and a newer netgear router (most likely n600 or n900). But i wanted to check first to see if anyone from the forums had this issue with this equipment. Because i cannot
    talk to another customer support agent who just copies and pastes links and tells me to follow them. I need someone that knows what they are doing!

Thanks all

:)

xICooRsYIx, Mar 26, 2015
  2. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    youtube app bug?

Forcing a proper (energy saving in the settings menu) shut down solves most NAT issues in my experience.

Munkey Boy, Mar 26, 2015
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    How do I stay connected to Destiny?

If you're using wireless then try plugging an ethernet cable in, might solve that issue.

bloosuga, Mar 26, 2015
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings!

If you haven't already, you'll have to ask a tier 3 support agent at xfinity to make sure your Arris TG862Gi is operating in bridge mode. It has to do with the fact that you're operating an additional NAT device on the same network.

Keep us posted!

taidara, Mar 26, 2015
  5. get rid of the gateway , if your going to get a new modem (non -gateway) get the same brand modem and router , that way if you have to call them one cant blame the other , when I had this problem (had a gateway and had no luck ) I got a motorolla modem
    and a netgear router and when I would call they would just blame each other " its not our modem , its their router " and visa-versa, so I got a netgear , modem , netgear router (just cheapies really , nothing fancy) and it worked right off the bat ...

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

get rid of the gateway , if your going to get a new modem (non -gateway) get the same brand modem and router , that way if you have to call them one cant blame the other , when I had this problem (had a gateway and had no luck ) I got a motorolla modem
    and a netgear router and when I would call they would just blame each other " its not our modem , its their router " and visa-versa, so I got a netgear , modem , netgear router (just cheapies really , nothing fancy) and it worked right off the bat ...
  7. taidara Win User

Greetings!

If you haven't already, you'll have to ask a tier 3 support agent at xfinity to make sure your Arris TG862Gi is operating in bridge mode. It has to do with the fact that you're operating an additional NAT device on the same network.

Keep us posted!
  8. Devlycta Win User

Cant connect to xbox live!

9. CubicPeregrine1 Win User

Games not loading/IE app error

Hi I am trying to solve the issue before reinstalling everything.

The problem I think is the type of network. check that the NAT network is normal, open.

because after an update may changed the security network.

NAT must be open and appears Strict or moderate NAT.

NAT appears Strict, this is my case, I'm in it to see if the issue is solved.

I hope this info helps .. !! :)
  10. RagMan85 Win User

External hdd causing NAT issue

Issue now fixed, turns out wireless etwork + hdd caused aome sort of clash when it came to nat type, so purchased a tplink av500 to solve the problem.. also thanks to your links captain i found an error with my own external drive lol much appriciation for
    that.
Thema:

1. Cant solve wireless/NAT issues - Similar Threads - Cant solve wireless

2. My friends cant see when im on my pc.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends cant see when im on my pc.: I have tried going through my settings many times and still cant find a fix as to why my friends cant see when im online. 6925889c-0db0-48b6-962b-b5858a2476d1
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  6. cant play xbox cloud in morocco

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant play xbox cloud in morocco: hello microsoft team, i use microsoft game pass in my pc, its work great. now am in other city for some days, and i havent my pc but i have the META QUEST 3 the perfect device for travel because...
  7. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  8. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  9. xbox live cant log in 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox live cant log in 0x89235107: ı cant still log in to my xbox account i tred to reset it and didnt worked and i also tried *Press the Windows Button then type Services. Right-click over the Services App from the list of...
  10. Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare: Ive been trying to load my modern warefare to play warefare three and it wouldnt load and i un installed and wont let me reinstall and did a factory reset why cant i play it...