Can't sign into Microsoft account on Halo MCC Launch *steam version*

Discus and support Can't sign into Microsoft account on Halo MCC Launch *steam version* in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, I haven't played MCC for awhile but in anticipation of tomorrows H2 launch I decided to start up MCC and get excited by playing CE.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by vandench, May 12, 2020.

1. vandench
    vandench Guest

Hi all,

I haven't played MCC for awhile but in anticipation of tomorrows H2 launch I decided to start up MCC and get excited by playing CE. Unfortunately, I have recently changed my microsoft pw and I am being prompted by the game to sign into my microsoft account
    on launch. This would be no problem if I could actually type in the provided sign in window. So basically, I'm stuck on the sign in screen when I try to launch MCC because I can't even type in the window provided (see screenshot below). I already re-installed
    the game, checked my firewall and tried a few other things. Any helpful tips?

Can't sign into Microsoft account on Halo MCC Launch *steam version* [​IMG]

:)

vandench, May 12, 2020
  2. Singer_of_NOFF Win User

Have you recently changed your display resolution or moved from a multi monitor display to a single one? I had this exact same issue. I played on my 4k monitor, then tried to play on my built-in laptop screen, and was not able to input anything into the
    sign-in window. You may want to try it on whatever display/resolution you last played the game.
  3. Bark_LB Win User

That's really odd. I can only suggest restarting the game, maybe trying TAB, or maybe it's a resolution thing. I personally didn't have and issue when being required to sign in... good luck!! :)
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

have you tried using the TAB key to go down into the password box rather than using the mouse and clicking? just an idea
  5. wizkiller97 Win User

Playing Halo with multiple accounts on the same PC

As for multiple accounts sadly at this time it only signs you into Halo MCC with whatever Xbox Live account you have sign into on your computer. From search around I haven't found any sign out button within the game or switch profile button. As for accessing
    the game's files, unlike people who have purchased the game on steam. The Microsoft store version treats Halo MCC as a Windows Store App. I also searched to see if I can find where the files where located. Sure there a way to extract these files but I haven't
    tried any of the methods posted online so I can't recommend any.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How do I fix can't switch microsoft account?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

To link a new Microsoft account with Steam's MCC (Master Chief Collection), you can follow these steps:

Launch the Steam client on your computer and log in to your Steam account.

In the top-left corner, click on the "Steam" menu and select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.

In the Settings window, click on the "Account" tab.

Under the "Account" tab, locate the "Click here to view your Microsoft account details" link and click on it.

A web browser window will open, taking you to the Microsoft account page. If you're not already signed in to a Microsoft account, sign in with your existing account or create a new one.

Once signed in, you'll be asked to authorize the connection between Steam and your Microsoft account. Review the permissions and click on "Yes" or "Accept."

After granting permission, you'll be redirected back to Steam.

In the Steam client, go to your game library and find Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the dropdown menu.

In the Properties window, click on the "Local Files" tab.

Click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" button to ensure your game files are up to date.

Once the verification is complete, close the Properties window.

Launch Halo: The Master Chief Collection from your Steam library.

You'll be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account. Enter your credentials for the newly linked Microsoft account and sign in.

After signing in, you should be able to access your game progress and features associated with the Microsoft account within the Steam version of MCC.
Thema:

1. Can't sign into Microsoft account on Halo MCC Launch *steam version* - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...: I tried logging into my Xbox profile a while ago and it wouldn't let me login, so I went to Microsoft and xbox.com and kept receiving a series of issues. It kept saying "There is a temporary...
  3. Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??: I just got a new Xbox for Christmas and have had little time to use it with how busy work has been. When I initially set it up and tried to sign in, the automated security procedure made me fill...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  5. I can't sign into my ps4 Microsoft account on minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into my ps4 Microsoft account on minecraft.: Is there a way to disconnect minecraft from my Microsoft account? I can't sign into my account because it's connected to another. 2bb4826b-5e15-4062-801f-8ef600cc29a2
  6. Can't sign in to either Xbox or Microsoft websites

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to either Xbox or Microsoft websites: When I attempt to log in to Xbox.com I hit the sign in button, and all it does is reload the page without having signed me in. On the Microsoft website when I attempt to log in, it does the same...
  7. I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...: I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace on Nintendo switch but can't change my skins on minecraft. What can I do! 72ac3259-b9aa-46e7-830d-64479cc2f032
  8. Why can't I sign in using my Microsoft account? (TLauncher)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I sign in using my Microsoft account? (TLauncher): When I try to create an account (on TLauncher), it says: An error has occurred during the authentication process. I even entered the information correctly! I tried multiple times, but it says the...
  9. I can't sign into Microsoft account on Nintendo switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into Microsoft account on Nintendo switch: I try sign into my Microsoft account to be met with Failed to login We could not sign you in to your Microsoft account. Access to realms, profiles and your marketplace items will be limited....
  10. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...