Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf)

Discus and support Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf). For example, signing into an XBox or Windows app (such... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Theodore Baker1, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf)

I can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf). For example, signing into an XBox or Windows app (such as the Minecraft launcher or the windows Feedback app) will show this:

I've changed the password many times to no avail, and I'm obviously attached to the internet.

I've also tried resetting the drivers, which also did not work. Another issue that might be related is on the xbox sign in screen it shows the same sign in email twice.
    Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf) [​IMG]

Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf) [​IMG]

:)

Theodore Baker1, Aug 6, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf)

Hello, my name is Fernando, an independent consultant. Hope you are doing great. I will be more than happy to help you with your query today.

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then select Troubleshoot. The system should now wake up and the error message should automatically disappear.

If that doesn't work, the link below has more information that may solve your case.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

(Note) The link being shared is in English and may require translation software to read the page content.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. Theodore Baker1 Win User

I don't see a troubleshoot button. I forgot to mention that I'm on window 10. Sorry about that

[​IMG]
    I
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Hello my name is zahir a independent advisor.

error 0x800704CF is seemingly a Microsoft Store connection issue that renders the app inoperative in Windows 11 and 10. If you're facing this issue this is how you can resolve error 0x800704CF.

Please use this link below, there are a few tips on how to resolve the issue.

The link is in english, credit to make use of web page.

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft...because,expand the Network adapters category.

If the problem persists contact microsoft support

Regards
    Zahir
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

I can only connect to my account once in a blue moon

On the child account, you can't sign in to any Microsoft page on any device and application at all?
  6. Icarusael Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live on Windows 10

If this can help, sometimes I get an error message: 0x800704cf. I tried rebooting my Wi-Fi connection, my laptop and the router. All the app requiring a Microsoft account connection aren't working. I tried Windows Store, Xbox App, OneDrive and all of my
    Microsoft games, none of them are working, all the same error. I do not have any error while trying to access Xbox or OneDrive on my internet browser.
Thema:

1. Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf) - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...: I tried logging into my Xbox profile a while ago and it wouldn't let me login, so I went to Microsoft and xbox.com and kept receiving a series of issues. It kept saying "There is a temporary...
  3. Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??: I just got a new Xbox for Christmas and have had little time to use it with how busy work has been. When I initially set it up and tried to sign in, the automated security procedure made me fill...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  5. I can't sign into my ps4 Microsoft account on minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into my ps4 Microsoft account on minecraft.: Is there a way to disconnect minecraft from my Microsoft account? I can't sign into my account because it's connected to another. 2bb4826b-5e15-4062-801f-8ef600cc29a2
  6. Can't sign in to either Xbox or Microsoft websites

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to either Xbox or Microsoft websites: When I attempt to log in to Xbox.com I hit the sign in button, and all it does is reload the page without having signed me in. On the Microsoft website when I attempt to log in, it does the same...
  7. I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...: I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace on Nintendo switch but can't change my skins on minecraft. What can I do! 72ac3259-b9aa-46e7-830d-64479cc2f032
  8. Why can't I sign in using my Microsoft account? (TLauncher)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I sign in using my Microsoft account? (TLauncher): When I try to create an account (on TLauncher), it says: An error has occurred during the authentication process. I even entered the information correctly! I tried multiple times, but it says the...
  9. I can't sign into Microsoft account on Nintendo switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into Microsoft account on Nintendo switch: I try sign into my Microsoft account to be met with Failed to login We could not sign you in to your Microsoft account. Access to realms, profiles and your marketplace items will be limited....
  10. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...