Can't Sign Into App on Win10--0x409 0xD000000D

Discus and support Can't Sign Into App on Win10--0x409 0xD000000D in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Well, I am having the same problem. I've tried everything listed in this thread and after the last reinstall attempt I get a different error (0x406) in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OrbitalEwe46717, Sep 24, 2017.

1. ElectroGlyde
    ElectroGlyde Guest

Well, I am having the same problem. I've tried everything listed in this thread and after the last reinstall attempt I get a different error (0x406) in the Xbox app.

Any other suggestions?

ElectroGlyde, Nov 2, 2018
  2. OrbitalEwe46717 Win User

Thank you for your reply. Check to see if the services are running or disabled, here are the steps below:

1. Press the windows key and type "services" then click on it.

2. Scroll down to the bottom (or near the bottom) to where

you see the Xbox services.

3. Right click on them and check of it is set to "automatic"

4. If not, set it to "automatic" and then click "apply" and then "start"

5. This will start the service and then check if it is running by attempting

to sign in again.

We'll keep an eye on your response.
    Thanks, I believe I already verified the services. Best I could find, XblAuthManager, XboxGipSvc, and XboxNetApiSvc are the three that need to be up, and:

[​IMG]

I've tried setting GameSave to Auto and it automatically resets to Manual on reboot; xbgm of course requires System to start and isn't really intended to be constantly running.
  3. Jomari Arc Win User

Hi,

Here are steps on how to reset Windows Store to clear store cache:

1. Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.

2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).

3. Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

4. Restart your computer and reinstall the games.

Let us know how it turns out.
  4. AddictedToBeef Win User

I'm seeing the same issue and error code on my son's account. It's actually not just the app that's the problem - I noticed the problem when trying to start a game under his user, and it failed to sign into Xbox Live. I then started the app, with that
    error.

More data points:

- My user works flawlessly, on both the Xbox app and the games I've tried, on the same device.

- I tried on another Windows 10 system and hit the same error.

- His account logs in just fine through a browser.

I've also tried all the steps in the OP's list, with no more luck. Restarting in Safe Mode won't help, as my son is not an Administrator, and it won't let non-administrative users log into Safe Mode.

I'm wondering if there is some bad cached data somewhere... but no idea how I'd go about clearing it, particularly since I already tried the forcible uninstall/reinstall as listed above.

What I would REALLY like is for someone to explain the meaning of those error codes. They don't show up in error code searches on the support site. Error codes without an explanation are incredibly useless.
  5. AddictedToBeef Win User

Still looking for ideas on this, if anybody's had the same issue and resolved it.
    I managed to get it working for my son's account, although I have no idea how repeatable this is.

All I ended up having to do was to sign in with a Windows 10 Xbox Live-enabled game that he hadn't yet signed into. In this case, I opened up Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which brought up the account picker for Xbox Live - his account was the only one
    in the list other than the "sign in with another account" thing, I selected it, and it signed him into Xbox Live successfully. After that, I was successful with both the Xbox app and Rise of Nations (which had been completely unable to sign in, I assume because
    it was using the same underlying method as the Xbox app); it was last week, so I can't remember whether I had to repeat the process on the second PC, but I do know that we also got it working there as well.

The only reason I thought to try this was because I'd noticed that basically everything else appeared to work - he could sign in on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One and in a Window 8-era PC game. The only things that WEREN'T successful were Rise of Nations
    and the Xbox app. I knew his account wasn't irrevocably broken; it was just something with the state of it with the Windows 10 sign-in.

Note that I am not sure whether this would work if you signed into a Windows 10-level Xbox Live game that you've played before (so it has to trigger the account picker), or if it would have worked even if he already had a history playing solitaire.
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

Thank you for following up. Here are two more methods to troubleshoot error 0x409 0xD000000D:

Method 1: Make sure that Xbox services aren’t disabled

1. In the Search bar type Services. Select the Services from the list of results.

2. In the Services window sort the services by their name.

3. Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service.

4. You’ll have to repeat this process for each of the services listed above. Right click the service and select Properties.

5. Find Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic. If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

6. Save changes.

Method 2: Clear the local Xbox identity data

1. Open File Explorer.

2. In the address bar paste and go to this location:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Package\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

3. If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them.

4. Now try starting Xbox app again.

Feel free to provide us a feedback.
Thema:

1. Can't Sign Into App on Win10--0x409 0xD000000D - Similar Threads - Can't Sign App

2. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  3. I can't sign into the Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox App: Everytime I try to sign in, a blank window comes up (I'm assuming it's supposed to be the sign in window) but it immediately disappears. That way I can play games that I already have installed,...
  4. Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!: When I launch my Xbox app on pc I get a message saying "There seems to be a problem with your Store account." so then it asks me to sign in and when I do I use the correct email and when I enter...
  5. Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?: I have tried everything on these so-called forums. I still cannot sign in to the xbox app on windows. So I am unable to install any xbox windows games. Xbox play anywhere does not seem to be...
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  7. Can't sign in to xbox app on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to xbox app on pc: [img] Tried to repair and reset, reinstall the app, drivers up to date but it still wont let me sign in. On MSFS for example, it is not able to load/sync online data. When I click sign in, it...
  8. I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?: I've tried signing into the Xbox app on the Samsung Gaming Hub, but each time I do, the TV screen says "Couldn't sign you in. Something went wrong.". I would also like to say that there is...
  9. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...
  10. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...