Can't share Xbox live with second account / control

Discus and support Can't share Xbox live with second account / control in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have tried everything to get my youngest child using the Xbox live (to play Fortnite) using the main XBOx Live gold subscription. Please help -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlothKing100, Sep 28, 2018.

1. SlothKing100
    SlothKing100 Guest

We have tried everything to get my youngest child using the Xbox live (to play Fortnite) using the main XBOx Live gold subscription. Please help - we're getting very desperate here.... ;-)

:)

SlothKing100, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Switching from one console to multiple consoles

You can game and gold share with them on the second console. You add there xbox as your home. You add your xbox as there home

You add all the accounts to both consoles. Viola you can share all games and gold between the 2 consoles. As long as they play on the co sole set as your home they can change accounts and have access. And yes you can still control there accounts as
    family and child accounts and have full control.

MightyQuinn75, Sep 28, 2018
  3. XBOx Live Memberships for me and my family

Hey Renoom. To add onto what Vibroplex said, if everyone wants there own account, or wants to play simultaneously, everyone would need there own Xbox LIVE account, or you could just have one family account, that everyone shares.

Also, here is how to setup
    Xbox 360 parental controls

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Mister Ohnaka, Sep 28, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey SlothKing100! Thank you for reaching out to us today!

You can share your Gold subscription from your main account to your child account simply by setting up Home Console for the main account on the same
    Xbox where the child account will also play. It's meant to share subscriptions and games to other accounts that play on the same Xbox at home.

Let us know if you need anything else!

XBF Diego M, Sep 28, 2018
  5. SlothKing100
    SlothKing100 Guest
    Hi Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. We've done that...the console is set as the home console on my eldest son's account (whose Xbox it is). HIs younger brother has bought a controller and set up an account...but can't get onto Fortnite on his account.

Any ideas?

SlothKing100, Sep 28, 2018
  6. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello King,

It is suggested to ensure that the home console is set for just one of the profiles. For example, when setting the My Home Xbox, the account that owns the membership will have this option
    enabled. After doing so, ensure that the profile attempting to be shared with is not also set as the
    My Home Xbox.

A way to avoid this, is to only be signed into one profile at a time when adjusting these settings.

After adjusting these settings, apply this process:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Restart console.
    4. Select Yes to confirm.
    Let us know if this works.

Thank you!

XBF Javier R, Nov 2, 2018
  7. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello King,

It is suggested to ensure that the home console is set for just one of the profiles. For example, when setting the My Home Xbox, the account that owns the membership will have this option
    enabled. After doing so, ensure that the profile attempting to be shared with is not also set as the
    My Home Xbox.

A way to avoid this, is to only be signed into one profile at a time when adjusting these settings.

After adjusting these settings, apply this process:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Restart console.
    4. Select Yes to confirm.
    Let us know if this works.

Thank you!
  8. SlothKing100 Win User

Hi Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. We've done that...the console is set as the home console on my eldest son's account (whose Xbox it is). HIs younger brother has bought a controller and set up an account...but can't get onto Fortnite on his account.

Any ideas?
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey SlothKing100! Thank you for reaching out to us today!

You can share your Gold subscription from your main account to your child account simply by setting up Home Console for the main account on the same
    Xbox where the child account will also play. It's meant to share subscriptions and games to other accounts that play on the same Xbox at home.

Let us know if you need anything else!
  10. Christyna64 Win User

Second account on my xbox one. Does it have similar privileges to the main account? Mainly voice chat.

The second account will have voice chat if you subscribe to Xbox Live, or you Home Share your Xbox Live subscription with the two accounts.
  11. IceStorm III Win User

Reportting a user [Removed by Moderator]

Can't share Live accounts. Can't share Gold codes. Can't name and shame on the forums.
Thema:

1. Can't share Xbox live with second account / control - Similar Threads - Can't share live

2. Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live: Can't share clips or screenshots from the game "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" to Xbox Live or One Drive. I can share clips from other games just fine, the problem is just with this...
  3. Can't share any media to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Can't share any media to Xbox Live: I apologise in advance for any bad formatting, I'm posting this via my phone. I'm playing on an Xbox One S. I've been taking screenshots and recording game clips of my new games recently. When...
  4. Can't upload screenshots to Xbox Live and share them to my activity feed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload screenshots to Xbox Live and share them to my activity feed: When I capture a screenshot on my Xbox , it says it's uploading to Xbox Live, then I get a notification that it's done, but when I try and share that screenshot to my activity feed, it tells me I...
  5. Can't upload screenshots to Xbox Live and share them to my activity feed

in XboX Insiders
    Can't upload screenshots to Xbox Live and share them to my activity feed: When I capture a screenshot, it says it's uploading to Xbox Live, then I get a notification that it's done, but when I try and share that screenshot to my activity feed, it tells me I have to...
  6. Series X share and uploading is broken! Can't access any of my captures on Xbox Live or the...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X share and uploading is broken! Can't access any of my captures on Xbox Live or the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Isunova [link] [comments]
  7. Can't share clips uploaded to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't share clips uploaded to xbox live: Hi There. I have recently made several clips and screenshots that I wanted to share with friends. I go to Recent Captures, Upload to Xbox Live. Once it uploads I get a notification that I can...
  8. Can't share PUBG video with Xbox live app windows10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't share PUBG video with Xbox live app windows10: I use the xbox application on Windows 10 Family version 1709 (16299.248) When I save a screenshot or video clip using the microsoft game bar, I can not share it in the xbox live news feed. I meet...
  9. Xbox live, can't share with son

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live, can't share with son: Son got a one s for Christmas. I've set my account up first and signed up for trial of xbox live and gamer pass. Then added sons account as family member with child defaults, age 12 restrictions....
  10. Can't share Xbox Live or Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't share Xbox Live or Games: I have the account from a cousin, and i signed in with his account on my xbox, and make my xbox, the home xbox from his account, but when i sign in with MY account, i can't see the games he has on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant share xbox live with accounts on my xbox