Cant select my drive

Discus and support Cant select my drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Woolly316, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Woolly316
    Woolly316 Guest

Cant select my drive

Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help

Cant select my drive [​IMG]

:)

Woolly316, Aug 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Cant select my drive

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Xbox Gamer and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

Please follow these steps.

1. Try installing the game using the Microsoft Store app

2. Press Windows Key + i and go to applications, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''Terminate, repair and restore.

Try installing the game again.

3.Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask you to install Gaming Services, install and then try to install the game.
  3. Woolly316 Win User

Cant select my drive

Hi,

I tried that step. It didn't work.
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Cant select my drive

Hello @Woolly316! I hope that you are doing well!

Try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to your preferred HDD location and then try installing the game again.

Go to Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

Make sure you have some free space on your drive. If not, try cleaning up your disk to create more space.

I hope this helps you out! let us know the results!
  5. onehsCU Win User

How do I install a game on PC to D: drive, not C: drive, using the XBox app?

6. MikhailBose Win User

Xbox app stuck on 'Choose a drive' with no options when installing

I have tried all the above Steps still i cant install any games because Xbox app cant detect my hard drives while installing, the drives show up in the options to select!! the only games that can be installed are from other stores like UPlay
Thema:

Cant select my drive

1. Cant select my drive - Similar Threads - Cant select drive

2. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  3. How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?: Game invite is greyed out, my friends cant join me. I did a hard reset, removed my profile, added it back. My NAT is open. Connection is good. 85796ab6-ada8-4d46-a339-6cf926ff8310
  4. My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...: [img] here is the problem 33b1a551-86ca-406d-999c-d9b87d84e329
  5. I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...: Same as the title, really bummed about this since I just bought PC gamepass and was hoping to install some games overnight, lmk if you have any suggestions 7ef2aafd-3798-4a3c-8cc6-f8702e6f5b22
  6. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  7. cant select drive to install in xbox pc app

in XBoX on Windows
    cant select drive to install in xbox pc app: [img] It doesn't let me select any drives to install. I have purchased the XBox game pass ultimate and have successfully installed games through the EA beta app....
  8. Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X: I was randomly playing Cold War and was realising that im not 120hz and i went to go check and i couldnt select wither 60hz or 120hz. My Monitor: 32in. WQHD 165hz Zero-G Gaming Monitor i dont...
  9. Cant select country for games pass address

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select country for games pass address: Hey, Im in Australia and trying to setup an Xbox game pass. All goes OK, made payment etc till it asks for profile address which defaults to US only, ie I cant pick another country. I've checked...
  10. Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com: Hi Today i got a notificación from Xbox enforcement regarding a content take down, reads like this: Looking for Group November 23, 2018 ‎06‎:‎11‎:‎41‎ ‎p. m.The offending content was removed....