cant select drive to install in xbox pc app

Discus and support cant select drive to install in xbox pc app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] It doesn't let me select any drives to install. I have purchased the XBox game pass ultimate and have successfully installed games through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Havocwreck, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Havocwreck
    Havocwreck Guest

cant select drive to install in xbox pc app [​IMG]

It doesn't let me select any drives to install. I have purchased the XBox game pass ultimate and have successfully installed games through the EA beta app.

:)

Havocwreck, Jun 15, 2021
  2. JONAHWILHELM Win User

I have the same problem after the latest update. I have several games installed both on my NVMe SSD and my large HDD. Never had any problems before. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times no luck.
    [​IMG]
  3. MikhailBose Win User

Xbox app stuck on 'Choose a drive' with no options when installing

I have tried all the above Steps still i cant install any games because Xbox app cant detect my hard drives while installing, the drives show up in the options to select!! the only games that can be installed are from other stores like UPlay
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

GAME PASS BETA

Another person posted this in another thread.

I followed the directions and it has worked for me.

Once you follow the directions once you click on install it bring up a box asking where you want to install the game.

If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger drive for gaming you generally want to install your games on your storage drive not your boot drive, but as it stands by
    default when you goto use the xbox beta app it wont allow you to change from its default installed drive.

A easy to fix this is to goto system- then storage- and under the storage tab find " change where new content is saved" then select "new apps will save to" and select your preferred storage drive.

Then uninstall your xbox (beta) app, and reinstall it, now when you goto install a new game on the pc game pass it will give you the option to select what drive you want to install it on.

This issue happens because by default windows needs to recognize that your pc has the folder called windows app on that drive and that it has been setup by a windows app installer atleast once, for the
    xbox (beta) app to recognize the new (useable) install location for your games and apps

Hope this helps everyone :)
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox games pass pc

1. which drive are the games installed too, it most likely chose a drive with larger amount of space available like D: or E: if these are available.

2. If it installed to another drive then follow below, no need to open any apps to do this, the following sometimes corrects the folder permissions which is the issue you are having.

3. Go to settings, system, storage, then select "change where content is stored", select the drive you installed the games too, click ok then restart pc.

4. go to settings and then to Apps then apps and features, locate the xbox beta in the list and click on it, then click move then select the drive where the games are installed and it will move the app to that drive and usually sorts the permissions out,
    Restart pc and then try.

Like i say this is the only way i can think of to get it to work unless you know how to modify security settings of folders in advanced security.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox (beta) app and installing games

Another user found and posted this as a solution:

A easy to fix this is to goto system- then storage- and under the storage tab find " change where new content is saved" then select "new apps will save to" and select your preferred storage drive.

Then uninstall your xbox (beta) app, and reinstall it, now when you goto install a new game on the pc game pass it will give you the option to select what drive you want to install it on.
Thema:

1. cant select drive to install in xbox pc app - Similar Threads - cant select drive

2. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  3. How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?: Game invite is greyed out, my friends cant join me. I did a hard reset, removed my profile, added it back. My NAT is open. Connection is good. 85796ab6-ada8-4d46-a339-6cf926ff8310
  4. My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...: [img] here is the problem 33b1a551-86ca-406d-999c-d9b87d84e329
  5. I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...: Same as the title, really bummed about this since I just bought PC gamepass and was hoping to install some games overnight, lmk if you have any suggestions 7ef2aafd-3798-4a3c-8cc6-f8702e6f5b22
  6. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  7. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  8. Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X: I was randomly playing Cold War and was realising that im not 120hz and i went to go check and i couldnt select wither 60hz or 120hz. My Monitor: 32in. WQHD 165hz Zero-G Gaming Monitor i dont...
  9. Cant select country for games pass address

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select country for games pass address: Hey, Im in Australia and trying to setup an Xbox game pass. All goes OK, made payment etc till it asks for profile address which defaults to US only, ie I cant pick another country. I've checked...
  10. Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com: Hi Today i got a notificación from Xbox enforcement regarding a content take down, reads like this: Looking for Group November 23, 2018 ‎06‎:‎11‎:‎41‎ ‎p. m.The offending content was removed....