Can't Seem To Get My Headset Mic To Work

Discus and support Can't Seem To Get My Headset Mic To Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The audio coming through the ear pieces is great. I can hear all my friends just fine. I can't seem to get them to hear me though. The volume is fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJay BANE, Apr 8, 2017.

1. JJay BANE
    JJay BANE Guest

The audio coming through the ear pieces is great. I can hear all my friends just fine. I can't seem to get them to hear me though. The volume is fine. The headset is and mic is not muted. I do not have my friends muted and they don't have me muted. All my
    setting are correct (as far as I know). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

JJay BANE, Apr 8, 2017
  2. ECHO PURGES
    ECHO PURGES Guest
    XP400 Headset on Xbox one

So I recently bought The xbox one adaptor from turtle beach called "Ear Force Headset Audio Controller" for use of my XP400 on Xbox one I've done all the steps audio works fine but i can't seem to get any chat from my headset or hear anyone else my mic won't
    even pick up my voice was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

ECHO PURGES, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Please help me with my new mic.

I literally just got on xbox to find out that my headset is not producing any sound at all. I'm sure its not the actual headset because it worked fine yesterday. Also, because it works for computer but not for plugging it in to my controller. Maybe water
    got into the controller slot for my mic. Overall, I just can't seem to get a grip on why my headset is not working with my controller.

littlegiffster, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there Jay!

That's frustrating. First thing to try is always going to be
    power cycling
    your console. If that doesn't work, do you have another controller you can test your headset on? Or another headset you can test on your current controller? This will help us narrow down if the issue is maybe with your mic or your controller.

Let us know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Apr 10, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there Jay!

That's frustrating. First thing to try is always going to be
    power cycling
    your console. If that doesn't work, do you have another controller you can test your headset on? Or another headset you can test on your current controller? This will help us narrow down if the issue is maybe with your mic or your controller.

Let us know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. englishbulldog802 Win User

useless support chat transcript

It can't be an issue with the controller because like I said the headset works fine. I'm not an expert on electric but in layman's terms, the info would pass from the controller into the headset, then from the headset into the mic, because the mic can be
    detached from the rest of the headset. there is no problem with the connection of the mic into the headset and it all works on PC. And my one year warranty is over so I can't get it repaired for free and I am not paying money to greedy Microsoft to send it
    in for repair when there most likely is not a problem with the console. there is nothing about the console that could break in a way that stops the mic working. that doesn't make sense. I don't have any other problems.
  7. Dave Eckert Win User

THIRD PARTY HEADSETS.

the thing I've been hearing is that the adaptor is a wired 1, so I somehow doubt there's going to be an easy solution for me and my WarHead headsdet. The thing that'll tick me off is yeah, I like to hear my game audio, but I
    won't really be able to hear my own voice, like when I mute (and still get my voice audio) seeings how the majority of people don't seem to talk much. Thing that bafflesme is I know i've discussed this before, and yet it seems an adptor is possioble for wired
    headsets, just no mic adaptor for wireless headsets. I baffles me, really because what I still understand is how people can say yeah the headset audio will work, but yet the mic plugs into the headset but because of the different protocol it won't and can't
    even be adapted or whatever, it just makes no sense. I mean couldn't they just maybe make a wireless mic adaptor that obviously, connects to XBox One's new protocol wirelessly, but at the same time allows you to plug the mic back (likea wired/bridged between
    the mic and headset with a headset to mic port and mic to headset jack) into the headset with its normal mute/unmute functionality? Hell knows we're going to have wireless headsets at some point, anyway.
  8. GOLD SKYCAP Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Not Working for Party Chat

It seems like every time I turn on my xbox with power saver mode off (where it has to run the startup and all that jazz) the headset works. Maybe it's something with the software? with My atlas headset the game sound is always working, but I have to do what
    I just described to get the mic to work. it's the same way with my out of the box headset.
  9. JP83X Win User

Stereo Headset Adapter issues/compatability

Ya I updated both of my controllers.

I had the X41 on with the chat cord plugged into the headset, then the adapter cord, and finally to the stereo headset adapter. I was in a chat with friends and couldn't get the chat sound to work. I previously used my phone earphone buds with a mic and
    that seemed to work.
Thema:

1. Can't Seem To Get My Headset Mic To Work - Similar Threads - Can't Seem Headset

2. What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox: NFL and Fox sports apps are garbage on Xbox but work everywhere else... Why? 77ebc054-d3de-4aae-9610-a27fbe91e2f9
  3. I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...: I bought the Xbox Series S and two controllers. Whenever I try and play coop with my wife the second controller is not recognized with the exception of 1-2 games like "It Takes Two". I've tried...
  4. I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...: Hi, Can anyone please help here ? I can't get rid of this error message that pops up 3 times every time I open MSFS 2020 (despite uninstalling and re-installing the software) Best regards...
  5. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  6. Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong: Hi I'm trying to set my Xbox One as a home Xbox, away from my other Xbox. When I tick the Change box it does something then unticks it. The page says that I have 0 of 5 switches left, but I...
  7. Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason: Whenever I play on Xbox sometimes I meet a good friend and then next thing I know he blocks me. Like I met this friend about a year and a half ago. After I met him we were in parties every day....
  8. Can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser.: I can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser for some reason. Every time I try to sign in it automatically sends me back to the home page without actually signing me in. Help...
  9. On Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) I can't seem to find where to to play the campaign....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) I can't seem to find where to to play the campaign....: There is an advert for Warzone 2.0 and MW2 on the left and Warzone Caldera on the right, but no option play the campaign for mw1. I have installed all the Addons for the game apart from the...
  10. I can't seem to download minecraft on my new laptop how can I fix that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to download minecraft on my new laptop how can I fix that?: Recently I have tried downloading Minecraft but it just says I have to pay for it, I have brought and downloaded bedrock edition a while ago on my old laptop but since changed to a newer one which...