Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ...

Discus and support Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to the internet to use my Live account. I'm following these instructions. My desktop is running Windows 8 that has a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ahmd0, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ahmd0
    ahmd0 Guest

Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ...

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to the internet to use my Live account. I'm following

these instructions
    . My desktop is running Windows 8 that has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet. I connected the desktop to my Xbox 360 using the ethernet cable but whatever I do the Xbox doesn't seem to be able to connect. It keeps giving me errors that
    it can't obtain an IP address, and if I set it up with a static IP on the Xbox side it tells me that I shouldn't be using a static IP Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ... :)

Any idea how to make it work?

PS. I need to point out that two of my network connections on Windows 8 use static IP addresses, as such:

Photo by Den B

Here's also a couple of screenshots to show my IP configuration:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/dc2000_bucket/xbx2_zps71913606.png

And this one:

Photo by Den B

:)

ahmd0, Nov 29, 2014
  2. vastim1-
    vastim1- Guest
    Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.

vastim1-, Nov 29, 2014
  3. LynnKeller90
    LynnKeller90 Guest
    Windows 8.1 update and bridged connection

I have had my Xbox 360 connected through my PC on a bridged connection for years at this point. I did it with my Vista computer with no issues and a Windows 7 laptop with very little issue. It had been connected to my Windows 8 desktop for months now, until
    the recent 8.1 update. Now the Xbox refuses to connect via a bridged connection.

It gives me the, "Console can't connect to Xbox Live..." error with 80151901 code.

Admittedly, I had my PC set up for a Minecraft server and I had forced a static IP onto it. Thinking this had something to do with it, I reversed everything I had done for that (it hadn't been a problem for six months, but Windows 8 had been relatively uncooperative
    when it came to the setup, so I tried that first). Still no connection. I tried restarting my router, my modem, my computer, my Xbox, everything. I restored factory defaults on my Xbox. I tried unbridging the ethernet and wireless connections on my computer,
    and just shared the wireless. I tried setting up a new wireless network on my PC and sharing THAT. I tried manual entry for the Xbox in terms of the IP settings.

(I also cleared the cache on the hard drive and the memory card being used on the Xbox)

I should mention that we have three PCs in the house and three Xbox 360s. Everything else is connecting to the internet just fine.

Status report:

W: 0000-00B

X: 4000-1001

Z: 0000-0000

ID 0001 - 0002

L: 0015 - 10F1

T: Wired

A: 169.254.84.216/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

As of that status report, I have everything set to: Bridged connection on my PC, no static IP for PC, reset factory defaults on xbox 360.

PLZ HALP. Roommates and I were all ready for a big gaming night!

LynnKeller90, Nov 29, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there dcNM2000!

Sorry to hear about the connection issue. Do you have an ethernet cable to plug into the Windows 8 PC instead of using a wireless connection? Try having a wired connection to from your PC to your network while the Xbox 360 console is plugged in.

Post back and let us know if that helps!

Mister Beep, Dec 1, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP connections)

Hey there dcNM2000!

Sorry to hear about the connection issue. Do you have an ethernet cable to plug into the Windows 8 PC instead of using a wireless connection? Try having a wired connection to from your PC to your network while the Xbox 360 console is plugged in.

Post back and let us know if that helps!
  6. vastim1- Win User

Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.
  7. A British Guy Win User

connecting to Xbox live for first time.

Yes, you can manually input your Ip address, and static ip into your xbox 360 console, under system settings, network..

There are tutorials on how to find your Ip address, and static adress's via google, or youtube, then when you have found them, try it, by typing in the Ip and static in the console, and test connection, if it's still working, report back, i'll be willing
    to assist you in further detail.
  8. football nic 8 Win User

What to do if no solution for xbox 360 internet

I have tried many things like resetting the console to default setting, tried to put in a static ip address, I tried wiping my internet clean and resetting my internet settings and trying to offline update it with the 2019 Xbox 360 update from usb drive and the Internet issue arises when it says it can't find a ip address when connecting to my wifi but my laptop, 3ds and Xbox One are on the internet no problem.
  9. taidara Win User

Keep being disconnected from Xbox Live

Have you setup a static IP-address for your xbox to connect to internet?
Thema:

1. Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ... - Similar Threads - Can't seem connect

2. What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox: NFL and Fox sports apps are garbage on Xbox but work everywhere else... Why? 77ebc054-d3de-4aae-9610-a27fbe91e2f9
  3. I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...: I bought the Xbox Series S and two controllers. Whenever I try and play coop with my wife the second controller is not recognized with the exception of 1-2 games like "It Takes Two". I've tried...
  4. I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...: Hi, Can anyone please help here ? I can't get rid of this error message that pops up 3 times every time I open MSFS 2020 (despite uninstalling and re-installing the software) Best regards...
  5. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  6. Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong: Hi I'm trying to set my Xbox One as a home Xbox, away from my other Xbox. When I tick the Change box it does something then unticks it. The page says that I have 0 of 5 switches left, but I...
  7. Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason: Whenever I play on Xbox sometimes I meet a good friend and then next thing I know he blocks me. Like I met this friend about a year and a half ago. After I met him we were in parties every day....
  8. Can't seem to fix being unable to connect to Forza servers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't seem to fix being unable to connect to Forza servers.: I've been having this problem for a bit now but I can remember a while back I was able to play online. I can't now and I've tried on Forza Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 (which are the only Forza...
  9. Can't seem to connect to friends on xbox pc or go on Xbox Support

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't seem to connect to friends on xbox pc or go on Xbox Support: This has been happening for a while and I check my Xbox networking it shows that I'm connected. I haven't been able to connect with friends on games like Code Vien and and No man's sky though I...
  10. can't seem to connect to bingo

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't seem to connect to bingo: our family have several devices and we cannot seem to connect to Bingo, in particular, connects then shuts off. whats up with that? 7d18a410-2278-4283-bbba-feae73c85d85