Can’t see when friends are online

Discus and support Can’t see when friends are online in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; It started off with just not getting the notifications for when they come online anymore (issue hasn’t been resolved and I have asked about it but... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Finlay Stewart, May 29, 2023.

1. Can’t see when friends are online

It started off with just not getting the notifications for when they come online anymore (issue hasn’t been resolved and I have asked about it but nothing helped- it’s been like this for over 3 weeks now) and now it is that I can’t see when they are online at all anymore even tho they are and they haven’t changed the settings. The Xbox app even said they were on games at a time that they weren’t even on them (for example: snow runner at 1:00 even tho they last played it at 21:40)

:)

Finlay Stewart, May 29, 2023
  2. Finlay Stewart Win User

I’ve already made sure that they are all turned on and they are :(
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

For the next step, kindly manage your Xbox privacy settings, here's how:

Note: If you are unable to access your Xbox privacy settings which means your account is a child account and you will need a parent account to help you manage your privacy settings.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation.

An adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older upon the account's first creation.

Sign in to your Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Once you're done, try to check if the notification works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli....
  4. Finlay Stewart Win User

There isn’t any library options that I can see
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the clarification.

Kindly make sure that your Windows, Device Drivers, and Xbox gaming services are all up to date:

For Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Once you're done, try to check if the notifications and your friends' activities on your Xbox app work properly.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  6. Finlay Stewart Win User

I’ve done all of this before and it’s not working, I’ve also got a second issue that I’ve mentioned. For my friends there activity only stays as when they were last online, even when they haven’t changed their settings and have been on their Xbox and also on the about section, it says that’s they’ve played a game at a time that they haven’t. If that makes sense
Thema:

1. Can’t see when friends are online - Similar Threads - Can’t friends are

2. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...: I just got Fortnite on my pc yesterday but I did have an epic account so it was all my old stuff 9f7338ef-3798-4a9c-91cf-58bc5f2d1a5c
  5. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  6. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  7. Friend can’t have custom profile pictures

in XboX Insiders
    Friend can’t have custom profile pictures: My friends account is stuck as a child account and even though he can play 18+ games he can’t do things like changing his profile picture to a custom one is there anyway to fix this? submitted by...
  8. I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...: I can’t see any of my friends online. It shows that they are all off-line.. if they try to send me a game invite they get a message that says I am currently off-line...
  9. Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there: Hmmmm …ok well as the question states I don’t message people much and now I can’t send messages on the app..don’t know what else to say? 61fb85e9-7aa6-4b29-b7ae-018e45b6d11b
  10. Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.: I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to manually do it otherwise I can’t access friends...