Can’t save more data for game or app

Discus and support Can’t save more data for game or app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My husband has been unable to play Skyrim. We even bought the game with the anniversary update but it still will not load. It says it can’t save more... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Helen Mendez, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Helen Mendez
    Helen Mendez Guest

My husband has been unable to play Skyrim. We even bought the game with the anniversary update but it still will not load. It says it can’t save more data. There is plenty of room on the hard drive as well as the 2TB external. I have uninstalled, restarted and re installed several times. I have done a reset of the console that kept the games. I have done a hard reset by unplugging the console. My profile pulls up just fine but his will not. This is the only game that is giving us this error. Please help.

:)

Helen Mendez, Aug 28, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Helen,

What console are you experiencing this issue with - Xbox One or Series X|S? Please specify the exact model.

Are you an Xbox Insider and what OS version are you currently on? You can find this info in Settings > System > Console info.

This error is generally related to insufficient storage or a corrupt game file. Do you receive the error with other accounts/profiles? Refer to ‘we can’t save additional info for...’ in this guide:

Syncing Xbox game saves to the cloud error messages | Xbox Support

I see you have a 2TB external storage drive, so there’s a possible workaround to this. If the game is on your internal storage, try to move it to the external (or vice versa) and see if there’s any difference after. Be sure to restart your console by disconnecting the power cable (from both the wall outlet and console itself) and wait at least 10-15 seconds to completely reset the power supply before relaunching the game.

Don’t worry, you don’t necessarily need to completely uninstall and reinstall the game again. Moving (or copying) games is significantly faster than installing:

Transfer multiple games at once to your Xbox console | Xbox Support

If this persists, please report the problem so it can be looked into and properly addressed. You may add [Xbox Forums] to the title of the report, then share this here once complete.

Hope this helps.
  3. Helen Mendez Win User

The game loads perfectly on a friend’s console.

I only deleted the files on our console. I was worried that if I deleted it everywhere all his progress would be lost. (He had just gotten to level 50 not too long ago).
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Helen

Probably the game is telling you that it needs more cloud space data.

Can you try deleting unused saved data in the cloud and test the game?

In case you need to know how to delete cloud saves, check this article:

"You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:

On Home, select My games & apps.

Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.

Select the Saved data box, then choose the item you want to delete."

Article: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...

After that, restart your console and give it a new try
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, I saw that you tried resetting the console but keeping games and apps.
    As the issue is happening only with this console I think the next step will be do a factory reset deleting all the local content.

Before that you can try performing an offline update for your console.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really odd
    May I know if you tried deleting the saves for only that game specifically?
    I mean, repeat the previous steps but select this time "delete everywhere"

Also, are you able to test the game in a different console to see if the issue persists?
Thema:

1. Can’t save more data for game or app - Similar Threads - Can’t save more

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  4. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  5. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  6. Why did my Xbox say can’t save no more space. Then clear 50% of the space in my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my Xbox say can’t save no more space. Then clear 50% of the space in my Xbox.: To then be told to sign out and sign back in to the profile which purchased it “my profile” to then lose 3 hours worth of game play. Why have I lost my game when I’m the one who bought it? What a...
  7. After logging out of my minecraft world, it shows an error, “we can’t save more data for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After logging out of my minecraft world, it shows an error, “we can’t save more data for...: the issue is i have over 150gb of free storage left, so i do not understand how it is out of room. The world is 650mb so a fairly large world but has not been able to save/sync for almost 2 weeks...
  8. When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to play Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I...: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. 52b8262b-ac34-4445-b19c-69fab08bac8d
  9. Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud says “we can’t save any more data for this game or app” how do I fix this?: I’m trying to play fallout 4 but whenever the game starts syncing this error pops up and I can’t load my save. b7dd174f-41b3-4adf-ae48-a7265d39d962
  10. I can’t play games without my Xbox saying “We can’t save more data for this game or app.”...

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t play games without my Xbox saying “We can’t save more data for this game or app.”...: I was trying to play my favorite game and it popped up with that error (error code 0x80830003) and I can’t save it anymore. Does someone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/Mocha286onXbox...