Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

Discus and support Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlphaOmegaStrife, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error)

As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active subscription. I have installed and reinstalled several games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox App, the Windows Store, Gaming Services.

This is the error that I get. I notice that it has the C directory notated when all games are installed on another drive, if that happens to make a difference.

Any assistance would be great.

:)

AlphaOmegaStrife, Jul 1, 2022
  2. AlphaOmegaStrife Win User

Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error)

Tried that, restarted computer, same error.

I tried changing permissions for a few of the games individually and got this error:

"An error occurred while applying security information to:

C:\XboxGames\Solasta\Content\Solasta.exe

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

Not sure if this is relevant, but wanted to post it for evidence.
  3. AlphaOmegaStrife Win User

Hello, it's been a while. Is there any update? I still cannot play games for a service I'm paying for...
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi AlphaOmegaStrife,

Nothing yet, I will post on this thread once I hear back.
  5. AlphaOmegaStrife Win User

Okay, so I downloaded Xbox Insider which allowed me to uncheck that option. I uninstalled and reinstalled a game and it still gave me the same error.
  6. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi Hi, AlphaOmegaStrife,

Thank you, I will let my team know and reply back to this thread once I get an update.
Thema:

Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

1. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device... - Similar Threads - Can't run Game

2. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  3. Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?: Split from this thread. I have the same problem. I have an Ultimate subscription but now can't play any Cloud games on any device. There clearly is a problem with Microsoft, but you are not...
  4. Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?: From Saturday (23/09/23) to this day i cant run any games on Xbox Cloud. I cant run paid games or free games, for example Fortnite. I will add that I have an active subscription ultimate. when I...
  5. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  6. I can't run games installed through the Microsoft Store and Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't run games installed through the Microsoft Store and Xbox.: In the start menu there is a white bar under the icons of applications that were installed via ms-store and xbox [img] [img] I've already tried reinstalling Gaming Services and followed all the...
  7. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?: Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11. my laptop which I...
  8. My friend sent me a free trial of the xbox game pass and I can't run it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend sent me a free trial of the xbox game pass and I can't run it: It shows "Something went wrong. Try refreshing the page". I did refresh the page, but did not work 166835a6-629d-4373-a594-62405bcbb18e
  9. Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game....: Can't run any games on PC Game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005" I had no issues earlier but now all of a sudden, I cannot run any of the games and...
  10. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...