Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

Discus and support Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to retrieve game clip captures in the Upload Studio app, it fails to do so roughly 95% of the time, either giving me various error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Galactic Geek, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

Whenever I try to retrieve game clip captures in the Upload Studio app, it fails to do so roughly 95% of the time, either giving me various error messages or simply crashing the app altogether.

If I try to start from scratch, it tells me that "not every cloud has a silver lining" and fails to retrieve the capture that I want. If I try to manage my clips and select a capture that way, it tells me that "sorry, something went wrong; please try again"
    and again fails to retrieve the capture that I want. If I try to edit a capture directly from the Game DVR app, the Upload Studio app fails to open properly. It just sits on a never-ending loading screen with the app's blue/black background and the word "Frame"
    in tiny text in the upper, left-hand corner of the screen - I've waited for hours for this to finish loading and it doesn't (this particular issue also happens when I regularly try to open the app normally).

This issue has plagued me for well over 2 months and I haven't been able to use the app successfully almost at all during that time (there have been a few rare exceptions where it has worked, but it's like once every 2 weeks). I used to think that it had
    to do with the fact that I was in the preview program (it seemingly started after a previous preview program update), but now that the general public is using the same current build, and nobody else seems to be experiencing this issue, I don't think that's
    the case. Here are some of the things that I've tried to resolve this issue, but that have failed:

- I've reported this before via the console's report feature.

- I've restarted the app.

- I've deleted and re-downloaded the app.

- I've performed a hard restart of the console.

I have reason to believe that it may have to do with my network connection (which has an average download speed of 6mbps, an upload speed of 1mbps, and ~100ms ping for latency), but if that's the case then I think you guys should make an effort to improve
    the app for slower connections that still fall within range of Xbox Live's networking parameters (which mine does).

Please help me. I want to be able to edit and upload clips again.

:)

Galactic Geek, Nov 26, 2015
  2. All my captures are gone!

So I saved all of my captures to an app called Upload Studio, And now there all gone! But I can access them from within the Upload Studio. But can I get those captures back too my capture screen? And how?

DivineHorizon03, Nov 26, 2015
  3. KayOBe
    KayOBe Guest
    Upload Studio info request

Is there any way to check the dates of my

recorded captures in upload studio?

KayOBe, Nov 26, 2015
  4. Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

Wherefore art thou support? On vacation!? It's been 12 hours!

Galactic Geek, Nov 26, 2015
  5. Nearing 36 hours with zero help... :'(

Galactic Geek, Nov 27, 2015
  6. I have 25mb down and 7 mb up and have the same issue. Also done the same steps that you have done with no success. I have not been able to access upload studio with game clips since the windows 10 preview. Reported it as well.

Considering that I would love to use some of the new templates it is not working. I haven't had any additional luck searching online for guidance either.

MoonKnight-ED26554B-0D14-48F0-898D-F5D1F5D08E06, Nov 28, 2015
  7. Thanks for the input, MoonKnight - it's nice to know I'm not alone with this issue.

86 hours later and still no reply from support? This is either the worst customer support in the world, or they really are on holiday... Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio :(

I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the latter... I'll check back on Monday evening since most everyone should be back to work from their Thanksgiving vacation by then. If no support is offered by then... Well, let's just not think
    about that.

Galactic Geek, Nov 28, 2015
  8. Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

Same issue here. No luck with tweeter support. 15mb/s internet. Worked fine before. Loaded clips in seconds. I am in preview program. Was considering to exit preview of that is a problem. Help please. Thank you

PrincelyScroll5, Nov 29, 2015
  9. Nothing to do with internet. Last year I had 10mb/s internet and worked really fast and made lot of clips. Now same issue like you guys for the last couple of months. I can see my clips in DVR and load them fast. On smart glass also but in upload studio
    can't see them at all. Help us

ArijanPajazetovic, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Well, is it a preview issue then? I may be mistaken, but I'm sure I've already posted about this in the preview forums some time ago (at about the time it 1st started - I don't recall ever getting a response, much like here). Has anyone tried going to the
    Xbox support on Reddit? I hear a lot of the support staff are now over there (for God knows what reason)....

Galactic Geek, Nov 30, 2015
  11. Can someone confirm that he is not in the preview and have same issue?

ArijanPajazetovic, Nov 30, 2015
  12. Quick! What's the definition of a bad support service!?

A: A support service that can't or won't help the people who need it in a timely manner.

I've been waiting WEEKS for someone to, at the very least, address this issue and have yet to get a response. Why!?

Galactic Geek, Dec 10, 2015
  13. Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

Okay, I want everyone to take a look at the original post's date and compare it to the date of this reply. As you can see, after WEEKS of waiting, I STILL don't get an official response from anyone representing official XBL support to even acknowledge that
    this issue exists and that they're working on it.

To say that I'm disappointed this holiday season as a result of this is an understatement, so um, support - how about making a holiday wish come true, eh?

Pretty please... With a cherry on top? If you do, I promise not to put a lump of coal in your stocking.

Galactic Geek, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio