Can't reset passwork due to lost authenicator app, Microsoft support told me to post here.

Discus and support Can't reset passwork due to lost authenicator app, Microsoft support told me to post here. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Pretty much the title. I've been trying to recover my account because my phone was accidentally hardware reset and i lost access to the authenicator... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/keepiton_wax, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Can't reset passwork due to lost authenicator app, Microsoft support told me to post here.

Pretty much the title.

I've been trying to recover my account because my phone was accidentally hardware reset and i lost access to the authenicator app. I've been on chat to the 'support' team and filled out the recovery form, complete with credit card details, recent emails sent, Xbox live console ID etc, and support has told me to post here in the hopes a systems engineer will see it and implement a solution.

"If by chance they saw your post and many people have voted for it then our System Engineers may possibly consider doing another way to recover the account that has forgotten passcode for authenticator app. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/"

Good job Microsoft

submitted by /u/keepiton_wax
    [link] [comments]

/u/keepiton_wax, Jul 26, 2021
  2. VernierSlake Win User

Support told me to post here

Known glitch > should fix itself > don't worry about it > gamerscore says 3565 where I'm sitting.
  3. Vegas Rebellion Win User

I changed my Gamertag & Windows LIVE ID between Nov. 20th and Dec 1st

The person I talked to at Microsoft Support just told me to post here due to my circumstances.... and now you are telling me not to?
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox support told me to post here

They were wrong to tell you to post here as the rep system is nothing to do with support.

You can find out about the rep system & how it works
    here

There is no set time period on how long it takes your rep to improve but it will take longer if you only play one game.

Any report you file needs to be investigated first which takes time.Just because nothing has happened to these individuals yet doesn't mean nothing will happen.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

There are loads of games you can play.

The free mmo's like World of Tanks,Neverwinter,Trove,Star Trek Online to name a few.
  6. NickZimm2317 Win User

They were wrong to tell you to post here as the rep system is nothing to do with support.

You can find out about the rep system & how it works
    here

There is no set time period on how long it takes your rep to improve but it will take longer if you only play one game.

Any report you file needs to be investigated first which takes time.Just because nothing has happened to these individuals yet doesn't mean nothing will happen.
    when u can only play 1 game thats what happens
Thema:

Can't reset passwork due to lost authenicator app, Microsoft support told me to post here.

1. Can't reset passwork due to lost authenicator app, Microsoft support told me to post here. - Similar Threads - Can't reset passwork

2. I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...: I've been having connection issues so I did a full factory reset. It's not allowing me to play my games offline. I haven't even used the 'home' Xbox feature as far as I know and yet it won't allow...
  3. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  4. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  5. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  6. I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...: I tried logging into my Xbox profile a while ago and it wouldn't let me login, so I went to Microsoft and xbox.com and kept receiving a series of issues. It kept saying "There is a temporary...
  7. Can't get past the resetting troubleshooting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get past the resetting troubleshooting screen: After troubleshooting my Xbox one s then resetting it, it will restart and it begins to say preparing console for a split second then I'm met with another something went wrong screen or it will...
  8. On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.: Hi all, On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock and can't move anymore. Please note that Anna options or Rewind's options won't work. I was reading some posts to reset the game with the...
  9. I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset: I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset HELP!!!!! 9df8d05f-91d4-429f-b02c-85b10c30b18e
  10. Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag: Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag when I logged in on a different country 3444de75-63aa-41ab-bda8-9a1633e1ef92