Can't renew gamepass. Wrong country of orgin.

Discus and support Can't renew gamepass. Wrong country of orgin. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can't renew my gamepass because the system won't accept my postal code and country of origin. I'm in the US but they have me locked into the UK and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kathryn Zink, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Kathryn Zink
    Kathryn Zink Guest

I can't renew my gamepass because the system won't accept my postal code and country of origin. I'm in the US but they have me locked into the UK and won't let me change that.

:)

Kathryn Zink, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Kathryn Z, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

According to information obtained from a response here on the Microsoft community forum, independent advisor Jorge C mentions that if you are renewing your subscription or purchased Live Gold with a different region than the one you want to change, then you will not be able to change it.

Example:

In your case, if you are in the United States, but your Subscription is from Ukraine, support cannot change the region of your subscription, and to do this migration you will have to purchase a 01-month U.S. Ultimate card (Token) and redeem in your account, because the system does not allow you to make the purchase through the store due to the difference in region.

For more information, I suggest you contact Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ba83fc65-d555-49aa-8298-e708679da0ef

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Master Integra-FA2D4 Win User

Changing country of orgin

I'm sorry, but none of that makes sense. Someone had hacked my account, and got the origin changed, so everything is in russian. They changed it from USA to Russia somehow. So how did they do it and how can I undo it?
  4. Ravin Mad Dave Win User

Thank you, all became much clearer this evening when I switched on my Xbox as there were completely new screens and am all sorted now. You have all been really kind and helpful, thanks so much
  5. Ravin Mad Dave Win User

So, I am now totally confused!! Are you all saying that I can open 2 accounts, one for the UK and one for France and then switch between them?

I appreciate that whilst in France I won't be able to use things like Sky player but that isn't a problem as we have Sky tv anyway in France.

It is more with regards to the language, when I go into my account and anything else it is always in French and whilst I can speak French, I don't necessarily want to use it in my home life as it isn't my native language! And as previously stated I prefer
    to pay in UK Sterling rather than in Euros

Thanks for all the replies guys x
  6. ngocphi Win User

well billowy how does that counterdict each other?

your billing address must match the region of your account

saying that you live in the US when you live in canada is a violation of the terms of use

if you do not live in canada no more you need to make a new account as in life you cannot take certain things including credit etc accross borders

you can access accounts but within limitations only so much transactions and so many dollars

you cannot change the region of the account so to comply you must create a new account
Thema:

1. Can't renew gamepass. Wrong country of orgin. - Similar Threads - Can't renew gamepass

2. Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription: I tried so many times to renew my subscription but got this message Something happened on our end. Wait 24 hours and try again Please help . 663dcfb1-7a5f-4c3c-b2c0-524cc4a492d3
  3. I can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox Series X using the disc.. It asks me to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox Series X using the disc.. It asks me to renew...: I can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox Series X using the disc.. It asks me to renew EA Play. I no longer have Xbox Game Pass. I own the game on disc and should not have to register to EA...
  4. Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription": Xbox tells me I need to "renew my xbox game pass subscription" to play Rainbow 6 Siege despite the fact that I'm playing with the disk and have never bought the game pass. I've tried restarting my...
  5. Gamepass expired without wanting to renew it, I can't play inline with two games that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass expired without wanting to renew it, I can't play inline with two games that I...: My Gamepass expired today, and I have to leave it expired. But trying to play Conan Exiles, that I bought in April 2020, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, that I've owned since 2014 both take...
  6. Why can't I renew the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for three months?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I renew the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for three months?: It is December 2020 at this time, and I have an issue about why did I not get a discount? Is the discount only for those purchasing the game pass for the first time? Or some other reasons? I...
  7. Can't renew xbox game pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't renew xbox game pass: Was getting an offer of 3 months for 1 dollar on the app and tried subscribing to the xbox game pass, but I'm getting a message saying "DCAT - resource no found." There is some more to the error...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection subscription expired and I can't renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection subscription expired and I can't renew: My Solitaire premium expired yesterday and I can't renew. Thwe same thing happened last year. Can you help? db6445c6-0a5d-43c0-92ae-de2538431156
  9. HELP ME! I can't renew my Xbox Ultimate subscription ("account.microsoft.com/services"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP ME! I can't renew my Xbox Ultimate subscription ("account.microsoft.com/services"...: Today I bought an Xbox gift card to reactivate my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and I managed to redeem my gift card just fine, but I can't pay for the due subscription because the...
  10. Can't renew my gamepass membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't renew my gamepass membership: Who is familiar with the following problem, and who knows how to deal with it: When I want to renew my gamepass membership, Xbox Live tells me to pay my overdue first. I have plenty enough on my...