Can't remove child from family account

Discus and support Can't remove child from family account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Frank Roberts2, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Can't remove child from family account

I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that granted consent for my child can remove this family member" WHAT@)($WFPU!!!!

I am the adult that added my child this makes no sense.

Secondly this all revolves around the non-sense of how ridiculously complicated it is to allow a child to play Minecraft multiplayer. We have spent 3 days trying to get this to work and am at the point where we have literally done everything that is possible on our end outside of literally indicating my child is an adult by removing her from the family account(completely defeating the purpose of having a family account) and NOW I can't even remove my own child because the system says I am NOT the 'Organizer' when in fact I clearly am?

Utterly disappointed and frustrated...

Lost Customer

:)

Frank Roberts2, Jun 30, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Child account

There is two ways that MS determines if an account is a child account.

1. DOB on the account when the account is originally setup.

2. If it is in a family as a child account.

Until an account reaches its 18th birthday from the DOB when it was originally setup it is REQUIRED to be in a family as a child account.

It will NOT always graduate to an adult account once it hits 18 sometimes you have to sign into any adult account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove the child account from the family at which point
    it will be put into its own family as an adult

Keep in mind that it will allow you to remove the child account from the family even if the DOB is under 18 but the child account will NOT be able to do anything until its added back to a family as a child
    account.

So in your situation the first thing I would try and do is sign into the adult account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove the child account from the family and see if that fixes your situation.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Prevent Child from Leaving the Family

Hey FortniteMom,

Child accounts are not allowed to remove themselves from the Family without having an adult account remove it for them.

Once the child account graduates to 18 years of age from the birthdate used when the account was created, then that account is no longer a child account but could still be a part of a Family and at that point the account could be removed by itself.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/remove-family-member

Overview

The primary purpose of creating a family is to make it easier to manage parental controls and online safety for children. You can manage who is in your family from your Xbox One console, or from any Windows 10 device.

• Any adult in the family can remove another family member.
      Children and teens are prohibited from making this change.
    • When a child is removed from the family, they will be unable to use the Xbox service until they have been added to another family. See

Add a new member to your family.
    • Adults removed from the family no longer have the ability to manage the child accounts in the family. However, they'll have full rights to their account and will be able to use home console sharing when signed in to the home console.

By any chance is the adult account in charge of the child account on the same Xbox the child uses? Adult accounts can remove child accounts under the Family straight from the Xbox if they are able to sign into the adult account.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Change of child account to adult account

If the date of birth on the child account when it was originally set up has reached the age of 18 then you would have to sign in with the parental account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove the child from the family. and that would put the child
    into its own family as an adult. if you remove the child from the current family and its date of birth when the account was originally setup has not reached 18 it will not allow the account to be signed in until it is put into a new family as a child.
  5. JudeHarcourt Win User

Microsoft account locked out of multiplayer due to being made a child account in a random family.

Hi, my issue is that I have been assigned to a family with someone I don't know, so it's impossible to get removed from the family. I must be a child account since I can't access any multiplayer games or remove myself from the family.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Frank, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble when trying to remove a child account from your family.
    I would like to let you know that here in the community forums, and us as independent advisors, it is not possible to review your account information or manage it.

I encourage you to reach Microsoft support in order to review the options you may have regarding this matter.
Thema:

1. Can't remove child from family account - Similar Threads - Can't remove child

2. PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT: I USE F5 KEY BUT IT ONLY APPEAR THIS AND CAN'T CHANGE CAMERA [img] 7bc19883-7ce0-4952-918b-adad4b164485
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Post removed? I only have a cell phone to work with, thereby can't see why it was removed.

in XboX Insiders
    Post removed? I only have a cell phone to work with, thereby can't see why it was removed.: I can't see why it was removed because I am on the cell phone that does not display the entire reason only a very tiny tiny snippet of a few words. I don't even remember what I posted or when at...
  5. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  6. after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...: After the last update (yesterday) it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it added back. what can I do? ca422c93-026e-4f22-8bf2-8907cacab7ae
  7. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own: My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways:...
  8. Can't remove follower?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove follower?: I remove unwanted followers by blocking and unblocking them but one stays no matter what. It began since I was on xbox one, now I use the series x and it's still there... so annoying.... how do I...
  9. My grandparents can't remove parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My grandparents can't remove parental controls: I was trying to buy a gamepass earlier and my parental controls stopped me my grandparents tried buying it and it didn't work they want to remove the parental controls but they don't know how to...
  10. I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account: I have tried to sign in to my microsoft account but I apparently had put 2 step factor in and I'm trying to re-sign in but microsoft keeps giving me the run around about a xbox console but I don't...