Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app

Discus and support Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DevDorrejo, Jul 1, 2023.

1. DevDorrejo
    DevDorrejo Guest

Hello,

yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the same country, so like the code was not working for redeem i trying to refund, but it does not appear in the page for refund refund page.

what can i do? and how to open a chat in contact us for this case?

thanks.

:)

DevDorrejo, Jul 1, 2023
  2. DevDorrejo Win User

Thanks Mr. Quinto, but when try to contact us, and select refund it won't show Chat options.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help in requesting a refund.

Let me provide you a direct link for you to request this immediately. Your request will go directly to the refund team as they are the one who will process a refund back to your account.

Make sure to get the order number first on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Then go here:

http://xbox.com/refunds

If you do not see the order there, please do this:

Choose the option "Why don't I see the purchase in my list?" then "I don't see the purchase"

Choose the last option "none of the above apply, I still can't find my order" then "request a refund"

After you submit this form, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that’ll include instructions on how you can keep track of the status of your request. They will send you a response with the refund decision within 72 hours.
  4. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Since the option to request a refund is not available even though you only purchased it yesterday, try to get in touch with Microsoft Support. Here is the link.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/contact-us

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  5. ngocphi Win User

I accidentally redeemed a code for Modern warfare 3 the vault edition on the wrong account I wanted to see if there was any way or chance I could get a new code or anything back

Well no gift codes can't be unredeemed you can only refund gifts thats weren't redeemed or not working

Retail codes that weren't gifted over xbox can't be refunded as ms wasn't the source

Only the base game can.be shared not vault and you can't just buy vault as it only applies to digital game owners and yes this isnt the only company that does this

This applies to.upgraded from.square etc
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

How do i speak to a real person at support?

Hi Sean. If the code is game is unredeemed you should be able to get a refund for it online.

You must request a refund for an unredeemed code within 14 days of making the purchase. If the code has been redeemed, it will not be possible to process a refund, even if it's within 14 days of purchase.

To do this, go to your order history page, find the item, and select Refund information: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help
Thema:

1. Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app - Similar Threads - Can't refund gifted

2. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  3. Call of duty mw3. Can't access content and rejected for refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty mw3. Can't access content and rejected for refund: I game share with my brother we bought mw3 on his Xbox. I tried to upgrade to the vault edition, I haven't received anything from my £30! I asked for a refund and got rejected. How can you...
  4. Why can't I request a refund for mw3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I request a refund for mw3?: I bought it, then tried it out and was dissatisfied with the game. I went to look for the refund button but it wasn't there this time and I tried looking for help and it told me to go to my...
  5. will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, no works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, no works: will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, nothing works was a great game now its a pain, ce223f53-57c2-4529-a964-af8550bf228e
  6. Why can't I get back my refund after cancelling a subscription.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I get back my refund after cancelling a subscription.: I bought accidentally game pass for console, then I cancelled the subscription to buy game pass ultimate but didn't get a refund of the first purchase. bbe74288-24fe-4286-89c0-8c0e7d797b3a
  7. Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?: I recently purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection "for Xbox". I don't own an Xbox. It only said it worked only on Xbox at the bottom. At the top it says "Optimized for Series S - X". ****?...
  8. Can't get a refund for a $20 Xbox Digital Gift Card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get a refund for a $20 Xbox Digital Gift Card: Bought the gift card for a friend who lives overseas, I later found out that it is region locked, thus I requested for a refund right after the 25th minute of the purchase. Its been 5 days since I...
  9. Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?: Hi, I bought a Grand Theft Auto V add-on as a gift for my friend without realising he already owned it. He can't accept it since it tells him he already owns it. I was charged and can't get a...
  10. Can't seem to refund gift purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't seem to refund gift purchase: The person I bought a game for can't redeem the code cause he's in another country. So I went to try to request a refund, like the virtual assistant says to do, but there's no option for that...