Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize

Discus and support Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; recently gears of war 4 held an event where you could win a number of prizes, one of them being a $50 Microsoft gift card. I was lucky enough to win... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AntsInMyEyesRob, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize

recently gears of war 4 held an event where you could win a number of prizes, one of them being a $50 Microsoft gift card. I was lucky enough to win one of these prizes but when they sent me the code to redeem the gift card I was unable to redeem it because
    I live in the U.K. and the currency isn't transferable!!! Anyone know a solution to this? I've read that they are only region specific but how hard can it be to convert the currency online when I redeem it?

:)

AntsInMyEyesRob, Feb 13, 2017
  2. Pretty disappointed

received a free gift card from microsoft on my xbox live went to redeem it and i cannot as its in usd.. not pounds very upset as i could use the gift card anyone help? Be very very much appreciated

LukeyBoyBuzzin, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Redeem Code error "This code isn't active yet".

I received an xbox gift card for Christmas. When I enter the redeem code I receive "This code isn't active yet". How does that happen and how do I redeem my gift card?

TylerDynamite, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize

Hey, Ants!

First, congrats on being one of the ones that won the gift card! While I'm happy to see that you won, we definitely want to get you sorted with the code redemption.

If you are running into an error when you redeem it, that would be something we would want to dig into further. Post back with that error so we can help you out there. However, if there is no error and you are waiting to redeem it until you have an answer
    to this, I think we can work around this.

Phone support might be able to cancel that currency card you have and provide you with a token for the GBP version of it, though I can't guarantee they will. It doesn't
    hurt to ask! Give them a call to find out for sure.

If they are unable to help you, please post back here so we can look into our other options. I highly suggest asking for a reference number from them if they are unable to assist, as we would need that to look into other options.

Hopefully they can get you sorted, though! Feel encouraged to post back any updates you might have. Thanks for posting! Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Feb 15, 2017
  5. thanks for your help, got round to ringing the support team and the women was very helpful in telling me what to do. All I had to do was change the location on my console to the US, redeem the code then switch back. Really pleased that the problem could
    be solved so easily!

AntsInMyEyesRob, Oct 31, 2018
  6. AntsInMyEyesRob Win User

Hey, Ants!

First, congrats on being one of the ones that won the gift card! While I'm happy to see that you won, we definitely want to get you sorted with the code redemption.

If you are running into an error when you redeem it, that would be something we would want to dig into further. Post back with that error so we can help you out there. However, if there is no error and you are waiting to redeem it until you have an answer

Phone support might be able to cancel that currency card you have and provide you with a token for the GBP version of it, though I can't guarantee they will. It doesn't

If they are unable to help you, please post back here so we can look into our other options. I highly suggest asking for a reference number from them if they are unable to assist, as we would need that to look into other options.

Hopefully they can get you sorted, though! Feel encouraged to post back any updates you might have. Thanks for posting! :)

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    thanks for your help, got round to ringing the support team and the women was very helpful in telling me what to do. All I had to do was change the location on my console to the US, redeem the code then switch back. Really pleased that the problem could
    be solved so easily!
  7. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Ants!

Hopefully they can get you sorted, though! Feel encouraged to post back any updates you might have. Thanks for posting! :)

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums
  8. Stix Remix Win User

Helloworld xbox ultimate play sweepstakes

Was it gift cards because thats the rewards I'm still waiting for
    Different winner here. There were three prizes for me: game pass subscription, gift card, and Xbox gift card.

I've received the first two things. Still waiting on the Xbox gift card.
  9. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

xbox rewards

If you redeem your Microsoft Rewards points for a $5 Xbox Gift card. You receive $5 on your Microsoft account. You do not receive a physical gift card.
  10. Allebas Win User

My Gift Card does not work

As far as i know you can't purchase subscriptions with gift card balance, you need a PayPal or Credit/debit card, as the purchase is a reoccurring one. You can also purchase gift cards specificly for live and game pass, just a heads up.
    Hi Neo Norseman,

Once upon a time you couldn't use a Xbox gift card to purchase Xbox Gold but now you can. However, a credit/debit, paypal is needed for the reoccurring fee.

Learn about gift cards and codes

With a Microsoft or Xbox gift card, you let the lucky recipient choose the gift they want. There are no fees or expiration dates, and either card can
    be used to buy:

To redeem a gift card you received, go to microsoft.com/redeem. For more ways to redeem gift cards and codes, see How
    to redeem an Xbox code
Thema:

1. Can't redeem xbox one gift cards received as a prize - Similar Threads - Can't redeem gift

2. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  3. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  4. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  5. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. I was gifted minecraft, i redeemed it on my pc, pc broke for a while, can't find the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted minecraft, i redeemed it on my pc, pc broke for a while, can't find the game...: i was gifted minecraft java and bedrock edition, i redeemed it in the microsoft store on a pc and downloaded the game but never opened it up. Now i am on a macbook because the pc is broken and I...
  8. I have a Minecraft minecoin gift card but I can't redeem it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Minecraft minecoin gift card but I can't redeem it.: I have the Minecraft gift card but I don't have any receipts. I was not given one when I bought one and I can't get one l. What do I do? 5a1a8e8d-5697-4262-b697-a8c6bacf386f
  9. i redeemed a gift code and it wouldn't let me download it and i can't redeem it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i redeemed a gift code and it wouldn't let me download it and i can't redeem it again: i redeemed an xbox gift code on microsoft, i redeemed it sucessfully but it wouldn't download. I have tried to fix the problem but made it worse as now i can't see it download and i can't find it...
  10. Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found": Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found" f480cf58-dadf-4672-b73e-e9ff833c836f