Can't redeem xbox live code as receipt wasn't given

Discus and support Can't redeem xbox live code as receipt wasn't given in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just spoke to your online support ( laughable ) regarding a gift my son was given for Xmas Every year my father gives him a xbox live 12 month card... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by byrontaylor1, Mar 25, 2021.

1. byrontaylor1
    byrontaylor1 Guest

Just spoke to your online support ( laughable ) regarding a gift my son was given for Xmas

Every year my father gives him a xbox live 12 month card which like clockwork he redeems in March

Unfortunately this year for some reason it turns out the 12 month card he was given didn't have a scratch code and required a receipt.

I don't know about you but I don't know many grandparents that give their grandchildren a receipt with a gift.

Fast forward to today when all the rubbish hit the fan we found out he can't redeem his card without a receipt code which he was never given and was thrown out by his grandfather as he didn't know it would be required.

I've since been to the store the card was purchased at and been told due to it being purchased over 3months ago that they can't help and basically wiped their hands of it

Following this I contacted online support for them to do exactly the same

Why sell a card that requires the receipt in particular to older generations that throw receipts out especially when gifting things to their grandchildren?

Wouldn't it be smarter to only hand over the necessary receipt and not the bloody card (that is as it seems useless without said receipt) so that if there's any confusion the buyer asks why they've only been given a receipt and no card?

Effectively as it seems my son as a bloody expensive small piece of cardboard that does nothing and a ticked off boy at that.

Surely someone at Microsoft can do something

:)

byrontaylor1, Mar 25, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Nope as ms wouldn't have any records..

Its a double blind. Situation

Noone but the person who purchased it and the retailer knows the code at the time of the receipt

Unfortunately for you you waited too long

This prevents theft or attempts at guessing a code as they aren't activated until point of sale
  3. DecayingPhoton1 Win User

Re: Xbox live $5 promotion involving receipts

I'm here also seeking info on a $5 promo code not received. The two common negating issues seem to be that Canadians aren't eligible and the "unique code" given during the process of uploading a receipt picture is not written on the receipt. If you live
    in US and you added the unique code to your receipt before you photographed it, we are in the same boat.
  4. Kramerllama Win User

BF2 Unlocks?

^^ did you redeem the code you got on your receipt? When I got mine, the guy circled the code on my receipt and it said redeem in the marketplace.
  5. ClausReich Win User

Can't redeem a code given by Xbox

Hello Enabledlake76! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Check if you can redeem the code at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem. Make sure that you are correctly signed in to the correct account!

If you have an issue with redeeming your code, and you get an error code, make sure to let us know, so that we can help you sort this issue out.
  6. Enabledlake76 Win User

Can't redeem a code given by Xbox

Yeah my code isn't working, it isn't working on my xbox either, any other ways to redeem it?
Thema:

1. Can't redeem xbox live code as receipt wasn't given - Similar Threads - Can't redeem live

2. Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes: I am trying to vent some frustration with dealing with the Customer Support. Basically, I purchased Qty. 2 XBox Live Gold membership redeemable codes a while back (7/24/2019) through a promo...
  3. Can't redeem xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem xbox live gold: Can't redeem my xbox live gold code. When I try to go to the microsoft redeem website its blank. When I try on the xbox it says error occurred while attempting. Pretty annoying I can't even get in...
  4. Не могу активировать код Xbox Live Gold|Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Не могу активировать код Xbox Live Gold|Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold code: Не активируется карта оплаты Xbox Live Gold "К сожалению, произошла непредвиденная ошибка. Сведения о ней зафиксированы, мы постараемся выяснить еЁ причину. Попробуйте активировать свой код ещЁ...
  5. Can't redeem Xbox Live GOLD gift card because if overdue balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't redeem Xbox Live GOLD gift card because if overdue balance: Why is it that if I have an overdue on Xbox live Gamepass it doesn't let me redeem my Xbox Live GOLD gift card they even have an option to redeem the Xbox live gift card to fix it but when I click...
  6. I purchased minecraft from Microsoft Live and can't get the redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased minecraft from Microsoft Live and can't get the redeem code: We are disputing via credit card after phoning and being cut off; emailing with no response so many issues This is disgusting service I am home schooling because of covid and this is now...
  7. Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[I can't redeem my Xbox 360 Live Gold...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[I can't redeem my Xbox 360 Live Gold...: Olá, Comprei um cartão-presente que dá 3 meses de Xbox Live Gold, mas quando vou regatá-lo no meu Xbox 360, aparece uma mensagem dizendo que o código não é válido. Já coloquei várias vezes e deu...
  8. Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[Translation-I can't redeem my Live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[Translation-I can't redeem my Live...: Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold[Translation-I can't redeem my Live Gold code] Olá, Comprei um cartão-presente que dá 3 meses de Xbox Live Gold, mas quando vou regatá-lo no meu Xbox...
  9. Can't Redeem 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership Card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't Redeem 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership Card: I'm trying to stack Xbox Live Gold memberships so my son won't have to worry about billing. I've entered 2 12-month cards successfully and FAQs state the max is 36 months, but the system won't let...
  10. I can't redeem my 2 day xbox live membership digital code.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't redeem my 2 day xbox live membership digital code.: When i try to enter the code in my xbox 360 it shows code not found. I got the code with Fifa 17 game disk. Please help someone a75028b3-8ab9-4dd3-be9f-0dc3e69fbb9d