Can't redeem Xbox 360 games

Discus and support Can't redeem Xbox 360 games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have two codes for two Xbox 360 games, the games in question are Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. They came with Rainbow Six Siege that I bought on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AhrBro, Oct 2, 2020.

1. AhrBro
    AhrBro Guest

I have two codes for two Xbox 360 games, the games in question are Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. They came with Rainbow Six Siege that I bought on GameStop long ago, but I really hadn't tried to redeem them until now. I have tried to redeem them in the Xbox
    One, in the Xbox web page and in the Xbox app and all tell me to change the region of my language.

I originally had the Xbox One in USA English and the location was in Mexico, then I changed the region to United States to match USA English. After that, I tried to match Mexico Spanish with Mexico region and still nothing. In the paper that contains the
    code suggests me to add them in an Xbox 360, but I really don't have that option. It also suggest to redeem it in live.xbox.com but there was nothing, then I went to the web page that specifically serves to redeem codes and, still, nothing. The page told me
    to redeem it in the Xbox app, so I went through my phone and tried Spanish Mexico, USA English and Canada English (just in case) and still nothing.

I got to mention that the codes are actually eligible and therefore, not used before. After I write the codes, there is some checking process and tells me that I'm good to go. Then it shows me the name of the actual product and, in the end, it tells me the
    message I said before.

What should I do?

:)

AhrBro, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Squallyng05 Win User

Cannot purchase "free" 360 games on Xbox one or Xbox.com

It has always been like that not unless there will be an update regarding in redeeming Xbox 360 games with gold on the website. Xbox 360 marketplace has a different structure than on Xbox One Store. Xbox 360 games with gold on the website will need a payment
    method. In Xbox 360 console, you won't need one. Currently, you can't redeem Xbox 360 games with gold using Xbox One console and still under progress about redeeming Xbox 360 games with gold on Xbox One console. Either get the games using an Xbox 360 console,
    or get the games on the website with a payment method.
  3. CrazY1985 Win User

Redemed code doesnt appear to download nor starts downloading

You probably redeemed the Xbox one version of this game.

Because of that, you can't download and play it on the 360.

The 360 has its own version.
  4. ngocphi Win User

14 day xbox live gold trial redeemed but not active

That's your mistake

Redeeming an 14 day gpld trial enables only full gold on xbox one for 2 weeks

However on 360 it has restrixtions including game ones

If you had redeemed it on xbox 360 it wouldn't be an issue

As you would.be within the limits of the 360 and the trial

But since you redeem it on the one you can't as it's non restricted which is not compatible with 360
  5. ngocphi Win User

You cant until you are physically in the USA

with xbox 360 games your account region and actual region MUST match

And since they are us codes they wont work on mexico accounts

Changing thr locale on your console nor your app affects your account region

Yiu MUST manage your region here at Microsoft.com and under your profile here under manage my account and change my region

KEEP in mind you willmhave this issue with 360 games until account region matches your physical region this includes 360 games with gold

Not.recommended you change to.The US UNLESS you are physically there

And there is a 3month waiting period between each switch

It isnt a toy
  6. Game ZomB Win User

not able to redeem Fallout 3 code

I am having the same problem. Xbox support tells me that the code needs to be redeemed on an Xbox 360 and that it can't be redeemed on an Xbox One! They told me that once I have redeemed the code and downloaded the game on an Xbox 360, I will then be able
    to download the game by logging in to my Xbox Live account on my Xbox One. Seems crazy that you have to use an old console to download a game on your new Xbox One console. Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is a workaround? If there is not a workaround
    yet, I hope there soon will be, as this must be annoying a lot of customers.
Thema:

1. Can't redeem Xbox 360 games - Similar Threads - Can't redeem 360

2. Can't Redeem 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Redeem 360 games on Series X: Hello, I recently received several tokens for 360 games. I've tried to redeem them to my Xbox account through the Microsoft Store, the Series X Console itself, the Console Companion App and the...
  3. Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[I can't redeem my Xbox 360 Live Gold...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[I can't redeem my Xbox 360 Live Gold...: Olá, Comprei um cartão-presente que dá 3 meses de Xbox Live Gold, mas quando vou regatá-lo no meu Xbox 360, aparece uma mensagem dizendo que o código não é válido. Já coloquei várias vezes e deu...
  4. Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[Translation-I can't redeem my Live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold de xbox 360[Translation-I can't redeem my Live...: Não consigo resgatar meu código Live Gold[Translation-I can't redeem my Live Gold code] Olá, Comprei um cartão-presente que dá 3 meses de Xbox Live Gold, mas quando vou regatá-lo no meu Xbox...
  5. Can't purchase Xbox 360 games or redeem Games with Gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Xbox 360 games or redeem Games with Gold games: Hi, this is an issue I've been having for over a week now. I'm trying to purchase an original Xbox game and redeem an Xbox 360 Games with Gold game (Toybox Turbos) and I'm able to do neither....
  6. Can't redeem 360 GWG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem 360 GWG: Hi there, been unable to redeem any of the Xbox 360 games with gold for several months. I can login just fine on the website, clicking on the download button works as well, the issue is after...
  7. Can't redeem Gold Xbox 360 games in my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Gold Xbox 360 games in my Xbox One: My gold subscription is active because I purchased GamePass Ultimate for 3 months. But when I try to download an Gold Xbox 360 games shows me a tab to "See the Price" then I click on it and open...
  8. Can't redeem any Xbox 360 game from any BROWSER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem any Xbox 360 game from any BROWSER: Hello everyone, i can't redeem any Xbox 360 game from ANY browser for months already (like 4/5 months). I've been waiting patiently hoping in fix but nothing has changed. I've done this for...
  9. Can't redeem 360 GWG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem 360 GWG: Hi there, been unable to redeem any of the Xbox 360 games with gold for the past two months. I can login just fine on the website, clicking on the download button works as well, the issue is after...
  10. Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold game for Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold game for Xbox 360: Hello, I have a valid Xbox Live Gold Ultimate subscription. I can redeem my free Gold games for Xbox One with no problem. But when I try to redeem Tekken Tag T. 2 (free game for Xbox 360):...