Can’t redeem game gift?

Discus and support Can’t redeem game gift? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey everyone, a few hours ago a friend gifted me the Forsaken DLC for Destiny 2, and for some reason I can’t seem to redeem the gift code. Whenever i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UncleSamsoniite, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Can’t redeem game gift?

Hey everyone,

a few hours ago a friend gifted me the Forsaken DLC for Destiny 2, and for some reason I can’t seem to redeem the gift code. Whenever i put it in on mobile or the xbox it just disappears and nothing happens. I own both the previous 2 DLCs (which i think
    are required) and i dont see whats going wrong here...

:)

UncleSamsoniite, Sep 14, 2018
  2. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Can’t redeem?

Hello Alone Wolf 1988,

Was this a code from the Xbox Live Rewards program? If it was, can you identify what the code was supposed to be for? We see that your account had a claim for a War for the Planet of the Apes prize. Was this an attempt to redeem that prize?

XBLRewards8, Sep 14, 2018
  3. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Can’t redeem?

Hello Alone Wolf 1988,

Apologies for the inconvenience. After reaching out to a few other teams, we have determined that this prize was region locked, and is likely what is causing that code to fail. We are now addressing our team responsible for the vault and requesting them
    to refund you your Gem balance.

XBLRewards8, Sep 14, 2018
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Can’t redeem game gift?

Sorry to hear it. Does your friend live in the same country as you? Digital gift codes are only valid in the country that they were purchased from. For example, if you live in the US and your friend lives in Canada then the code will not work.

If this is not the case then please try redeeming the code here https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter?ref=xboxcom

onyxishere, Sep 14, 2018
  5. Spazpol
    Spazpol Guest
    I think there was a support problem with redeeming gifted codes of the Forsaken DLC. Assuming it has not been resolved if you are still seeing the issue. Trying to find a link to the xbox support status about this issue.

Spazpol, Sep 14, 2018
  6. Spazpol
    Spazpol Guest
    Spazpol, Sep 14, 2018
  7. Ah ok, that explains it. Thanks.

UncleSamsoniite, Sep 14, 2018
  8. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest

Can’t redeem game gift?

UncleSamsoniite,

Our ambassadors have provided great information for you. We were having a minor issue with some codes and licenses for the game where it wouldn't install on some consoles. Bungies engineers are working hard to resolve the issues. If you continue to have
    issues visit
    bungie help

Have fun!

XBF Aaron G, Nov 2, 2018
  9. gilbertobarajas1 Win User

Can't Redeem a Code

What if a friend gifted me a game (Dark souls remastered) and his and my accounts are both American, but when he gifted it to me i was in a different country i get the error of saying can’t redeem it because it was bought in a different region does that mean i can’t get the game anymore even if i go back to the United States?
  10. Rapid1115 Win User

Gifted 2 games and want a refund

the funny thing is, i gifted him a game a while ago, he redeemed it, played it for like 3 days, then deleted it and i was able to refund it. so it makes no sense that i was able to refund a gifted game back then but can’t do it now.
  11. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.
  12. AridLizard Win User

Can’t redeem a gift game

if the game isn't showing at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ and it isn't in your Ready to Install games, take a photo of your screen showing message
    from Xbox with the gifted code then contact support.

1. go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    2. Select Billing & accounts in the category area
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Can't redeem a code
    5. Select Show contact options
    6. Select Request a call from Support

hope this helps
  13. JohnBarraco Win User

Can’t redeem a gift game

Hey OG, yeah maybe if I shut it down all the way and turn it on again. Ill try
Thema:

Can’t redeem game gift?

1. Can’t redeem game gift? - Similar Threads - Can’t redeem game

2. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  3. I redeemed a giftcard on my account but can’t see it in my minecraft game

in XBoX Accessibility
    I redeemed a giftcard on my account but can’t see it in my minecraft game: My son has a different gamertag on the minecraft, but it looks like it should be under my account. I can’t see the coins and winder if it is in a different spot. 30492b63-bd23-467a-a371-b7676cbe4d89
  4. I downloaded my redeemable code for 2k22 but I can’t find the game. I don’t know where I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded my redeemable code for 2k22 but I can’t find the game. I don’t know where I...: I downloaded my redeemable code for 2k22 but I can’t find the game. I don’t know where I can access the game since it says the code is already redeemed. Please help, I would appreciate it....
  5. I preordered Halo Infinite on Xbox Game Pass, but I can’t find a code to redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered Halo Infinite on Xbox Game Pass, but I can’t find a code to redeem: I preordered Halo Infinite from the Microsoft store, and I have no idea where the code is. I didn’t get an email so I don’t know what to do. Any help would be nice. Thanks...
  6. Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code?: I have a prepaid code for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but whenever I try to redeem it it claims, “This free trial is for new customers only”. I’m not using a free trial, I’m using a prepaid code....
  7. I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund: I bought a friend Red Dead Online but they can’t redeem it because they are In Usa and im in Canada fadcb11d-9041-4930-bc08-78b827e00fbb
  8. I can’t redeem a code for a game with a trial version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t redeem a code for a game with a trial version: I bought minecraft xbox one edition off of gamestop and tried to redeem it and it says i own the game but i only have the trial version please help b77dd78c-5680-4a28-ade6-62b96b40a686
  9. Can’t redeem in-game rewards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can’t redeem in-game rewards: Hello :) I just bought a code from a local game store for in-game rewards, when I try to redeem it, it says, “Contact who you got this code from. We can’t redeem it”. Can you help me?...
  10. Can’t redeem a gift game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem a gift game: Hi everybody, recently my friend gifted me a game, Pac Man CE 2, but its not on my console or anywhere else. Whenever i try to redeem the code again it says it was already redeemed. But it never...