Can’t record in Anthem, and only Anthem.

Discus and support Can’t record in Anthem, and only Anthem. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This seems to be a problem I’m having only with Anthem, and although I haven’t searched the whole internet, I did search the support forums here for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Timothy Westman-Barth, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Can’t record in Anthem, and only Anthem.

This seems to be a problem I’m having only with Anthem, and although I haven’t searched the whole internet, I did search the support forums here for anyone else with the issue, and I couldn’t find anything.

Simply put, I can’t record. Uh... says something like the game doesn’t support it. Since no one else is having the issue I’m assuming it’s gotta be something with my unique setup that’s preventing it from working. My Xbox is running the latest Insider builds,
    but since it doesn’t seem to be affecting any other games I don’t think it’d be that. It didn’t work during the Anthem beta either. I figured it was just something wrong with the beta, but it seems like a fairly noticeable issue, so I’m thinking they would
    have fixed it if it affected everyone so perhaps it’s just affecting me. What should I do to try to solve the problem. I don’t think there’s a way to get off Insider builds without doing like a complete factory reset, which I suppose I can do, but wanted to
    ask first since that would sort of be a bit inconvenient.

:)

Timothy Westman-Barth, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Timothy Westman-Bart Win User

Well, it took me some time to get around to it all, but i did try everything. No longer on Insider Preview builds, completely reinstalled the game, and did a full restart of the console.

Still not working.
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Try a power cycle. I am in the Alpha skip ahead ring and can capture Anthem fine. However there is also the possibility that the game itself has an issue. I know there was an update today. You should ensure you are on the newest build of anthem
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Timothy!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to record all the cool stuff you're doing in Anthem. I would say that if the problem is not resolved after trying the troubleshooting found in out

Xbox One Game Freeze Solution
    or a soft reset, then it might be best for you to refer this bug to EA support
    directly.

The soft reset is a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues. You can find the steps to do one by reviewing

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed
    ) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games
    &
    apps.

As I stated earlier, it totally would be a good idea for you to contact EA support if this is the only game this affects and the aforementioned troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the problem.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for reading!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for coming to the forums today I'd be happy to help.

Considering that you are in the Insider program, it's always a possibility that a recent preview update may be causing this issue. I wouldn't rule it out just because it's the only game that can't be recorded or the fact that it also didn't work in the beta.

Have you done the basic troubleshooting such as a
    hard reset/powercycle
    ? If you have done that already maybe try to re-install the game since it is isolated to this game only.

If that fails to correct the issue, then you can leave the preview program if you'd like or you can just report the issue through the reporting feature of the Xbox Insider Hub app. I'll provide the support links for either instance to help you out through
    the process:

One thing to note is that you can still report a problem and not be enrolled in the program. All you need is the app to still be installed.
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Anthem 10 hour trial

Hey Don Jaun Jose,

Thank you for reaching out. Upon starting your 10 hour trial of Anthem, you are advised to properly close out the game in order to prevent your timer from running down. As per

EA's Anthem trial page
    , "We can’t reset or add more time to EA Access Play First trials, and neither can the Xbox Support team."
Thema:

1. Can’t record in Anthem, and only Anthem. - Similar Threads - Can’t record Anthem

2. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  3. Xbox cloud can’t hear recorded game play ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud can’t hear recorded game play ?: playing Xbox cloud gaming on quest 2 .. when I am in a party chat with a friend who’s on Xbox , and I record our game play , I’ll go back and rewatch the recorded video butt there will be no audio...
  4. How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...: I can’t figure out how to transfer from the Xbox system to a USB or a cloud service. I’m just using a generic WebCam but it’s not allowing me to access the files in order to move them. I’ve...
  5. Can’t record a clip after ending Twitch stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t record a clip after ending Twitch stream: I never have had a problem recording clips until now. I know you can’t record clips WHILE you are currently streaming but I should be able to record clips afterwards but it doesn’t work. Me and...
  6. Can’t record gameclips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t record gameclips: Hello, Not sure where to post this but I wanted to figure out if anyone was having the same issue. I have been trying to record game clips and it comes up with the error that you see in the...
  7. Any body else having this problem Can’t record in 4k

in XboX Insiders
    Any body else having this problem Can’t record in 4k: Just purchased Xbox series s, some reason I can’t record game clips in 4K can only in 1080p or 720p won’t even let me select it got plenty of space on ssd and hardly any uploads saved, on top of...
  8. Can’t record on Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t record on Xbox one: When i hit the cbox home botton and x to record what happen it does not do anything my friends have tried and nothing still why is this not working e83ab9cb-46de-467e-9b1e-6c72ff9e0c34
  9. Can’t record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t record: im not able to record in game or record what happened. says i need to be in a game to do it but i am. this has been going on for two days and idk how to fix it 6732745a-1ecd-45f1-b747-9dbf5c8a5c9c
  10. Xbox can’t record 1080p 60fps

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox can’t record 1080p 60fps: My Xbox is stuck recording on 720p even when my settings say to record in 1080p. I’ve cleared all of my clips and unwanted games to make sure it wasn’t a storage problem. But my Xbox just won’t...