Can't record clips or unlock achievements

Discus and support Can't record clips or unlock achievements in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So for several months I have not been able to record clips in games except for GTA V and Black ops 3. It just keeps saying this clip was never... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by firespina, Jul 14, 2016.

1. firespina
    firespina Guest

So for several months I have not been able to record clips in games except for GTA V and Black ops 3. It just keeps saying this clip was never published or deleted. I also cant unlock any acheivements in any game, all my stats and progress are frozen. I
    have tried to find a solution such as power cycling the console, uninstalling and reinstalling the games and also removing my profile. However, none of these worked. I see a lot of people with the same or similar problem but no solution. I dont know if this
    is relevant but my gamer picture won't show up except in party chat. Can anybody help or are we going to have to wait for a fix?

:)

firespina, Jul 14, 2016
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Can't record clips or take Screenshots

Hey GameRitter246! Check your preferences and make sure it is enabled. Steps can be found here. Post back and let me know how it goes!

Mister Cizl, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Esylus
    Esylus Guest
    Can't record clips or take Screenshots

I have the same problem as GameRitter246 and I did check my preferences and it is enabled so there must be another reason why it's not working

Esylus, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Can't record clips or unlock achievements

There is a max memory on clips. (I don't know how many gig but I've reached it)

Have you deleted everything you don't want to save?

If not please delete all screenshots and vids that you can and then reply back

On achievements issue

-Are you using the console while online because if not, that's why. It has to always be online for achievements. This also may apply to your clips issues

NewBlacksmurf, Jul 14, 2016
  5. firespina
    firespina Guest
    Thanks for replying. I have deleted the clips and screenshots that I don't want but the problem persists. It started at the same time as the achievement issue so I think they are related, there is a common unresolved issue. I am always playing online so
    that shouldn't be the problem. I see that some people have tried full factory resets and this still does not fix the problem. This problem needs looking at properly as following troubleshooting steps is not working.

firespina, Jul 15, 2016
  6. firespina
    firespina Guest
    Hey, I have since done a factory reset on my console and it has resolved the achievement issue ( I can now gain achievements). It does not count all the other achievements I completed the requirements for but I expected that and will have to do them again.
    I can now record clips, see my gamer picture and an issue I had with not being able to get passed the main menu on Ori and the Blind Forest is also resolved. It's not the best situation having to factory reset but I really hope this will help others, after
    trying everything else and getting frustrated it is finally fixed.

firespina, Oct 31, 2018
  7. A Blue Illusion Win User

Will The Kinectless Xbox One Have An Achievement On Its First Day?

Achievement Unlocked: Slap In The Face!

Hold X for details...

500G and a free copy of Halo 5. Simply provide us with a video clip* of you being slapped in the face to receive your prize!

*Video clips may be recorded for submission and uploaded to your Onedrive via Kinect sensor (sold separately).
  8. firespina Win User

Ori and the Blind Forest won't go past "Press A"

Hey, thanks for the replies. I have carried out a factory reset and this has resolved the problem. It has also resolved the issue with achievements not unlocking and clips not recording. Hope this helps someone else. Thank you very much for the help.
  9. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I have a new feature that you guys should add.

It's an interesting idea and in theory it could work amazingly well but unfortunately in practice I don't know how great it would be. We have limited cloud storage for Xbox clips, so if it automatically recorded 30 second clips every time you unlock an
    achievement, we'd likely have very little space left over for manual recording. It would be pretty cool if it recorded the clips on your internal/external storage, and you could then manually select which ones to upload to the cloud. That would get around
    the limited cloud storage issue at the very least.
  10. x24hrs2livex Win User

New Activity Feed discussion

Tzar the activity feed and friebds tab are completely seperate things. The activity feed shows you achievements unlocked by friends, game clips recorded and stuff like that. The friends tab is just a leaderboard of who has gained the most achievements over
    the last 30 days. Again two completly different things.
  11. Patrick M. Martin Win User

Achievement: "Benchmarking the P1" Not Popping

Well I got the 7000 drift points badge tonight. But I can't get the Head Over Heels one to unlock. I got the game clip recording it - but I don't have the badge unlocked. Looks like this one is stuck unless the developers release a patch.
Thema:

1. Can't record clips or unlock achievements - Similar Threads - Can't record clips

2. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots: When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage,...
  3. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0
  4. I can't record clips of roblox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't record clips of roblox: I've had this issue for a while and it seems to be an on and off thing. For the past year I have not be able to record any clips of roblox. I've deleted almost all of my clips, I don't have any...
  5. I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar: I don't know why but PC recording via Xbox Game Bar is always unavailable for me and I can't record anything. How can I solve this issue? 2ca12331-62d4-4fff-8401-a104f4dee690
  6. Xbox Game Bar Can't record Game Clips in Power Rangers Battle For The Grid Windows Version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Can't record Game Clips in Power Rangers Battle For The Grid Windows Version: Hello Xbox Game Bar Can't record Game Clips in Power Rangers Battle For The Grid Windows Version for some reason the recording options are greyed out. It says " This Game doesn't allow game...
  7. Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't: Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't e59017b5-1acb-46e6-9fe0-4dd2193d776f
  8. I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...: Can't listen to voice messages or send them either is greyed out or says try again ee272ee9-ea21-4f63-bab3-456747c0a9ee
  9. Can't record clip studio: error 0x82323672

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't record clip studio: error 0x82323672: I can record game clips or anything else but I wanna make small clips drawing in Clip Studio and I keep receiving this error. Some time ago I recorded in this software and it went well, I can't...
  10. I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar: Hello I have 2 problems: 1- I can't record with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video of the problem 2- I can't clip with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video of the problem And that's not helping me:...