Cant read disc

Discus and support Cant read disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I will end up purchasing a new system im sure but for now im committed to fixing this one. 250g Xbox 360 slim e i believe has a Hitachi drive(in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aggrevatedwithtechnology, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cant read disc

So I will end up purchasing a new system im sure but for now im committed to fixing this one. 250g Xbox 360 slim e i believe has a Hitachi drive(in case thats relevant) started one day with mw2, would let me play for anywhere from 2 seconds to 5 minutes
    or so then freeze or say disk unrecognized. Bad disk or scratched you might think.... I bought and returned 4 to make sure. Now sometime later all disks have done this one at a time. Some wont load at all some do what mw2 did exactly. All play perfect on other
    consoles. Ive cleared the cache, removed the hard drive, formatted it, deleted everything ive put on there since i bought it. I have also disassembled and completely cleaned, and adjusted the dvd pot thinking the laser was weakening, downloaded games play
    but disks do not. Not for long that is. Im open to any new ideas as im out of them and want to fix this thing if its possible. Tia

:)

Aggrevatedwithtechnology, Feb 5, 2019
  2. LegendaryCorn Win User

Cant read disc

I have a game Madden 08 that will not read on my slim.. I put it in my older xbox and it reads fine. I looked on the disc and noticed fine scratches in a circular pattern. If your Xbox can stilll read other games, DVD's, or Cd's then it is the game if not
    then it is the drive.
  3. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Cant read disc

Settings/Hardrive then press Y to perform maintenance/clear cache.

You should see the press Y option on the bottom of the screen.

If it's all too complicated for you try clicking
    this
    , it's a link to the support forum, it has a Halo support page and some internet/connection related ones...
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cant read disc

5. MissGeekness Win User

Cant read disc

Hi,

Have you already tried to reposition the console ? (horizontal or vertical).

Besides the laser a dvd player have more critical components which can cause issues.

for example:

- the motor that spins the disc (spindle motor) is faulty

- the motor that moves the laser (head / sled motor) is faulty

- gears that need some cleaning or grease

Maybe this iFixit guide can help you a bit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repairing+Xbox+360+Stuck+Optical+Drive/12526
  6. SHiIfT N DRiiFT Win User

Disc cant be read

Ok there are several fixes for this;

1) Check your disc, is it scratched? If so then this may be the problem. Consult a shop if they can fix the scratch.

2) Does it have a laser burn (A ring around the disc)? If so then consult a shop to fix it.

3) Does it have no scratches? If so then try cleaning it, breath on it then clean with a soft cloth or tissue.

4) If this is non of the issues ensure other games work since your xbox disc tray may have stopped responding.

Hope this help,

Brad.
Thema:

Cant read disc

1. Cant read disc - Similar Threads - Cant read disc

2. Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...: Like the title says. I'd understand if it was my 360 that couldn't read games I'd played before on the same console because it's old af. But my 360 is still going strong. Meanwhile my Xbox One...
  3. I cant delete addresses from the address book (PLEASE READ)

in XBoX on Mobile
    I cant delete addresses from the address book (PLEASE READ): im unable to delete an incorrect address from my address book. the delete and edit buttons are unclickable and say the address is linked with a subscription. i have NO subscriptions so i dont know...
  4. Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004): I came home from work tismorning tried to play some COD and I get this lovely little error. I went through tried resetting the system, then a hard reset and nothing. I removed my account from the...
  5. Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...: Hello i am having a very very annoying problem i am using my friends game pass on ms store and my account to play the games when ever i look at a sign in ark survival evolved it says due to your...
  6. XBOX CANT READ THE DISK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX CANT READ THE DISK: all of my games are new but my xbox wont read them. in the beginning I played MW3 and everything was fine but now it wont read and I know it's not scratched. I changed the power-mode, I hard reset...
  7. xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013: Good Day My xbox 360 original wants a system update but it doesn't read the disc and usb when trying to update. 87e5d444-0ac9-4bd8-a3e8-4b8e7e531853
  8. Xbox one X cant read disc-based games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X cant read disc-based games: My xbox one X wont read any disc based games. I had a original xbox one and i got a X for christmas. But when i put the disc in nothing happens. I did a network game transfer from my old to new...
  9. Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Read Disc Error Message For Digital Copy Of Game: This is the 4th time this has happened, I download GoW:Judgement from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error message...
  10. 4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4th Time Getting Cant Read Disc Error Message For Games With Gold: This has been happening for the past couple months, I download a game from Games With Gold play the game for a while and in the middle of going through the game I get the " cant read disc error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one cant read disc 2019

2. xbox one says it cant read discs

3. xbox one cant read the disc