Can't re-download Battlefield 4 after prior deletion to free up hdd space.

Discus and support Can't re-download Battlefield 4 after prior deletion to free up hdd space. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My issue is this: I had the electronic version installed on my X1. As time went on, new games were released and hdd space became an issue. So I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xxBURNxNOTICExx, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Can't re-download Battlefield 4 after prior deletion to free up hdd space.

My issue is this:

I had the electronic version installed on my X1. As time went on, new games were released and hdd space became an issue. So I deleted the BF4 base game only (not DLC or Premium info), to free up space. I recently purchased an external hdd and went to re-download
    BF4 from the "Ready to Install" section of "My Games and Apps." However, BF4 does not show up at all. I then tried through the Games Store, but it states I have to repurchase it for $29.99. When I check my other content ex. (Premium Membership, DLC's), they
    all say either, "Installed" or "Install", with no monetary charge. How can this be? I have all other content, achievements, and even game game dvr clips of me playing, but I no longer have permission to re-download the base game? Any thoughts?

:)

xxBURNxNOTICExx, Feb 22, 2016
  2. kuruczpa
    kuruczpa Guest
    So how much HDD do you have left?

I believe I have used about 14-15%, leaving 85-86% free. I haven't downloaded any games to my HDD yet - I don't think I will given the amount of space they take up. I'll probably stick to the discs for a while... It would be such a pain to wait for a game
    to re-download that you own after having to free up some space. Once the TitanFall beta gets deleted im hoping it'll free up a little more space for me.

kuruczpa, Feb 22, 2016
  3. anubis4567
    anubis4567 Guest
    Huge Day One Updates-Entire Game Not On Disc-A Problem?

Just want to point out that an update won't necessarily take up that much space on your HDD. Sometimes it'll need to update a file, so it'll download the whole new file and delete the old one off of the HDD.

So say there's a texture issue. Texture can get pretty big. However, they can't just go in and change some pixels, they have to replace the whole file. So you'll get a 10 MB update, which is the new texture file. But at the same time the old texture file, also 10 MB, is deleted from your HDD, and thus you're left with the same amount of free space as before, despite having a 10MB update.

anubis4567, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Feb 22, 2016
  5. I considered this a possibility, but then why would all my other games show they're ready to install? Why only BF4? Not to mention, there has pretty much been service alerts active for the past 2 weeks. I know that M-Soft has been getting ddos'd lately,
    but they should have this ironed out by now.

xxBURNxNOTICExx, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: