Can't purchase Xbox 360 games or redeem Games with Gold games

Discus and support Can't purchase Xbox 360 games or redeem Games with Gold games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, this is an issue I've been having for over a week now. I'm trying to purchase an original Xbox game and redeem an Xbox 360 Games with Gold game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HechHechy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. HechHechy
    HechHechy Guest

Hi, this is an issue I've been having for over a week now. I'm trying to purchase an original Xbox game and redeem an Xbox 360 Games with Gold game (Toybox Turbos) and I'm able to do neither.

After I removed my expired payment method, the website told me I had to add a new one in order to make a purchase. I clicked on the link to add a payment method, put in my info, then hit 'save', which took me back to the prior page in the purchase flow but
    my credit card didn't show up. This happens every single time. I've troubleshooted this extensively:

- Tried adding a different credit card and debit card

- Tried doing this on both my desktop and directly through my Xbox One

- Tried in Chrome and Edge, both in Incognito windows

The end result is always the same. I cannot make any purchases or redeem GwG games that either Xbox 360 or original Xbox. My billing information shows up just fine in my Microsoft.com account and on my Xbox One in the Settings page, but it doesn't show up
    during these purchase flows.

I already tried contacting Xbox support and they were 100% unhelpful. This is getting frustrating.

Anybody else running into this issue?

:)

HechHechy, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Squallyng05 Win User

Cannot purchase "free" 360 games on Xbox one or Xbox.com

It has always been like that not unless there will be an update regarding in redeeming Xbox 360 games with gold on the website. Xbox 360 marketplace has a different structure than on Xbox One Store. Xbox 360 games with gold on the website will need a payment
    method. In Xbox 360 console, you won't need one. Currently, you can't redeem Xbox 360 games with gold using Xbox One console and still under progress about redeeming Xbox 360 games with gold on Xbox One console. Either get the games using an Xbox 360 console,
    or get the games on the website with a payment method.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Is this an adult account, that could be an issue. And another cause of this could be that the 360 market place is an entirely different store, that has caused issues in the past. Do you get an error when you try to make a purchase and are you having
    any issues with Xbox one items?
  4. HechHechy Win User

Might as well post this in case anybody in the future is looking for a solution...

I was able to solve this issue in a roundabout way. I booted up the Xbox 360 version of Peggle on my Xbox One and saw the in-game ad to purchase Peggle Nights, which lit a bulb in my head.
    I clicked on the ad, which opened up the old Xbox 360 marketplace, where I was able to successfully add a credit card that then became visible in the purchase flow in the usual Xbox One store and the website.

So if you're running into this issue, you can try going into an Xbox 360 game that has DLC you don't own and look for an option to open the Xbox 360 marketplace.
  5. LuckyFun Win User

Hi, I am so sad, because I have the same problem. I tried from PC, iphon, ipad and other PC (other IP) and too without positive solution.

I look forward to the solution.
  6. HechHechy Win User

I have tried both on my Xbox One and also directly from the store on the Microsoft website - it hasn't worked for either one.
Thema:

1. Can't purchase Xbox 360 games or redeem Games with Gold games - Similar Threads - Can't purchase 360

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  6. I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...: I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't connect to website constantly. How can I get this issue resolved. This has been going on for a while now...
  7. I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.: I purchased the Builder's Pack from the Bundle Packs in the DLC store on Xbox 360. The purchase went through and I got an email with a digital receipt and everything but when I launch Minecraft...
  8. Why i can't purchase game on xbox 360 console??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't purchase game on xbox 360 console??: I am trying to buy a game throughy xbox 360 console, but it won't go through.. it will give an error and won't complete the purchase.. I tried to buy the game through xbox store website.. and i...
  9. Using a 360 console, I can't access the game I just purchased on Microsoft mobile account, help

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a 360 console, I can't access the game I just purchased on Microsoft mobile account, help: Having a problem finding the game on the console, purchased via Microsoft.com account 6151ac34-598e-419f-8bbc-7aac5060e817
  10. Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...: Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased movies or TV on the Xbox 360? The app works perfectly for Xbox One and Series XlS though. A bunch of people...