Can't purchase minecraft for family account as can't update region for purchase address

Discus and support Can't purchase minecraft for family account as can't update region for purchase address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to purchase Minecraft for my son, but when I proceed with the purchase within Family Safety I am asked to provide a purchase address. Region is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andrew Boojers, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Can't purchase minecraft for family account as can't update region for purchase address

I want to purchase Minecraft for my son, but when I proceed with the purchase within Family Safety I am asked to provide a purchase address.

Region is greyed out and incorrectly set as 'US'. I've checked my info, and both my sons and my Xbox accounts, plus the windows settings on the laptop and all are set to UK. I've got billing and shipping addresses all set up as UK.

I've seen many similar issues raised on this forum but not seem to have a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone advise on how to sort this out?

:)

Andrew Boojers, Oct 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't purchase minecraft for family account as can't update region for purchase address

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Andrew

Can you try purchasing or gifting minecraft using this link?

PC Java and Bedrock: https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/minecraf...

Xbox: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/Minecraf...

Or this one: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/minecraf...

**If you need to gift/purchase the game in another account you can click on the little gift card icon

[​IMG]
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft windows 10 help

Unfortunately, you can't transfer purchases to another account.

You CAN however allow another account on your PC to play Minecraft. However, that account still won't be able to access "consumable" purchases like Minecraft Coins and the purchases you did with these coins (like skin packs), or purchased realms.

To allow your second account to at least play Minecraft, you need to sign in with your "buyer" Account on
    https://account.microsoft.com/familyand add your second account to the family there.

Then sign in with your second account on your PC and open the store. Sign out of the store with the account picture in the upper right of the store app.

Sign in with your purchaser account, and download Minecraft again (it will not download the whole game again, just the usage license).

Now sign your other account back in, and you can play Minecraft.

But as I said before, you can't use Minecoins and you don't own a realm on that account.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Access Minecraft Education account and subscription

Thank you for the information!

Oh, no worries, the Xbox account, and Microsoft account are one and the same.

Minecraft accounts are also migrated/linked to Microsoft accounts.

In order to check your purchases made in your Minecraft account, you can sign in using the same email address as your Minecraft account on account.microsoft.com from there you should be able to see the "Services and Subscription" tab to check if the subscription for Minecraft Education is active.

As for the purchases, you can also check all of your Minecraft purchases on account.microsoft.com > Payment and billing > order history.

If the subscription and purchase can't be found, it is possible that it was made on a different Microsoft account.
  5. Damian Codreanu Win User

I can t redeem code în my region(Germany) even i bought code for Europe. How can I redeem it?

This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.
  6. Brutal At This Win User

Cannot pay with PayPal

The issue is because the account has an address for Australia, but the system is seeing you make the purchase with an IP address in a different region. This makes a red flag go up which is only to protect your account from unauthorized purchases. I would
    suggest having a trusted family or friend make the purchase for you in Australia or maybe using a prepaid card to bypass this issue. I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Can't purchase minecraft for family account as can't update region for purchase address - Similar Threads - Can't purchase minecraft

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  4. Why Can't I Purchase MInecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I Purchase MInecraft?: I have been trying countless times to purchase the Minecraft: Java Edition/Bedrock Edition bundle on the Minecraft website but to no avail. It easily has to be one of the most frustrating and...
  5. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  6. New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...: [img] I lost my pc which has minecraft installed which i purchased in 2021. Now I want to install the same product in the new laptop. In order history even though I can see the purchase, I cannot...
  7. I've purchased minecraft and the gamepass has lapsed, now i can't use it. How do i fix this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased minecraft and the gamepass has lapsed, now i can't use it. How do i fix this...: Couldn't broaden that anymore, I'm just tired of the lack of [mod removed] anyone is putting into their products, it's ability to jive with itself, and the greedy nature of subscriptions and a...
  8. I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.: I purchased the Builder's Pack from the Bundle Packs in the DLC store on Xbox 360. The purchase went through and I got an email with a digital receipt and everything but when I launch Minecraft...
  9. Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game: I purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game about a year ago. Just opened the minecraft launcher today and it says that I have to buy it again. Idk if it's the fact that the I...
  10. I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...: I played Minecraft on my old laptop but it died so I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play Minecraft that I have already paid for. On my account It doesn't show that I've...