Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds

Discus and support Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I redeemed a gift card recently, adding $15 to my microsoft account. However, when I went to buy DLC I was only given the option of adding a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GenericHawk32, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds

Hello,

I redeemed a gift card recently, adding $15 to my microsoft account. However, when I went to buy DLC I was only given the option of adding a credit card. I added my Paypal thinking if I had it on file, I would be allowed to select the gift card option,
    but now the only options I get are to add a credit card or use Paypal. I do not get an option to use gift card funds.

Thanks in advance.

:)

GenericHawk32, Jan 7, 2014
  2. YOLO8385
    YOLO8385 Guest
    Regarding backwards compatible purchases on the xbox one

Many times I have attempted to purchase backward compatible games one the xbox one using funds added to the account through gift cards and such, only to find that for some ridiculous reason using the account funds is not an option. In short: YOU SHOULD BE
    ALLOWED TO USE ACCOUNT FUNDS FOR ANY AND ALL PURCHASES ON THE STORE, PERIOD. SO MAKE IT SO.

YOLO8385, Jan 7, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.

ngocphi, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Omar_0001
    Omar_0001 Guest

Are you trying to purchase a DLC that costs a 15$? If that is, then there are taxes on each purchase which might be stopping you. If that's not the case, then are you trying to purchase through Xbox.com or the console? If you're on Xbox.com, then the site
    isn't updated and it only uses a CC or Paypal to pay.

Omar_0001, Jan 7, 2014
  5. 14.99 plus tax will cancel out using a prepaid card. Also, make sure you hit the x button to change payment options. It is important you can tell us what error it might give you if attempting to use said prepaid card and or switching payment options. Pay
    close attention to this, and you might see what the issue is. Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds :)

MakingItWayne X, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft balance error

You can't use funds from a gift card to purchase a gift card.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Purchase Problem

It's true. You can't use funds from a gift card (which is what the Microsoft account balance is) to purchase a gift card.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card?

Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. The Microsoft account balance is essentially the same as a gift card since funds typically come from Xbox gift cards.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Any way to gift 360 games or change account funds?

360 content can't be gifted and funds can't be transferred between accounts. You could get them an Xbox gift card to pay for it, but you wouldn't be able to use the funds from your account for that.
  10. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.
Thema:

1. Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds - Similar Threads - Can't Purchase DLC

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  6. Why Can't I Purchase MInecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I Purchase MInecraft?: I have been trying countless times to purchase the Minecraft: Java Edition/Bedrock Edition bundle on the Minecraft website but to no avail. It easily has to be one of the most frustrating and...
  7. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  8. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...
  9. I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.: I purchased the Builder's Pack from the Bundle Packs in the DLC store on Xbox 360. The purchase went through and I got an email with a digital receipt and everything but when I launch Minecraft...
  10. Can't download purchased DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download purchased DLC: Hello. Recently I've purchased multiple Tropico 6 DLCs, and they worked fine on a Next Gen Edition of the game. The last one I bought was New Frontiers, but I can't download it for Next Gen — only...