Can’t purchase any game with my Microsoft rewards points

Discus and support Can’t purchase any game with my Microsoft rewards points in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, So today I just redeemed my Microsoft rewards points and wanted to buy some games off the Microsoft store but when I click on purchase it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 4m1r01, Jun 20, 2023.

1. 4m1r01
    4m1r01 Guest

Hi,

So today I just redeemed my Microsoft rewards points and wanted to buy some games off the Microsoft store but when I click on purchase it says that I have to add a way to pay. I already redeemed a 10$ gift card from the Microsoft rewards and when I go into the payment section it says that the Microsoft account balance is not available for this purchase. I can’t literally buy anything with the gift card I just redeemed and i don’t know why pls someone help

:)

4m1r01, Jun 20, 2023
  2. 4m1r01 Win User

hi Ben id like to thank you for your reply,

so yesterday i redeemed a 10 € gift card from my microsoft rewards account in order to buy a game on sale for 9.99 € on microsoft store and im hearing about this extra tax thing for first time and id like to know how much is exactly that extra tax?
  3. jasonverschuere Win User

I have the same problem I can't use my money on my xbox I have over 40 euro and I can't buy any item I can't click the buy button and I have more than enough for 10 euro dlc !
  4. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community and hope you are doing well!

Can you tell us what item it is you are trying to buy? For Microsoft Balance, if it is an Xbox 360 backwards compatible games it will not work as you need to buy it from an Xbox 360 console.

Another reason why it will not work is because the price of the item you are paying is greater than the amount of balance you have on your account. The price of the item on the store might change due to tax for example you try buying a $9.99 worth of item, it may apply tax so it will be greater than the said amount.

You can also check this link how it works https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

I hope the information helps somehow. I suggest to try buying item lower than the balance you have just to test and make sure it will go through.

Feel free to post back if you need more help and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  5. Ben4724 Win User

You're welcome! I cannot tell how much it really is because I believe this depends per states. You can check how much the tax is once you try to buy an item on the store, on the checkout part you should see the total price of the item when you proceed.

Another explanation is posted by one of a fellow member in the community through this forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If you have an alternative payment, you can pay the rest using it like debit card/credit card. First you select your Microsoft balance to buy the game, then when it ask you for a second payment you select your secondary payment to pay for the rest. That would also do in case there are not enough balance.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Reward points

Hello Stubedoo54, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

That's correct, you do not receive reward points for purchasing game add-ons. You will only receive reward points for purchasing full games.

In the case of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, the game was released on March 25, 2023. If you purchased the game before March 25, you may have received reward points. However, if you purchased the game after March 25, you will not receive reward points.

In the case of Destiny 2 Lightfall, the game will be released on August 24, 2023. If you purchase the game before August 24, you may receive reward points. However, if you purchase the game after August 24, you will not receive reward points.

If you want to make sure you receive reward points for purchasing a game, you can check the Xbox rewards page before making your purchase. The rewards page will display all games that award reward points.

Here are some tips to get reward points for purchasing games:

Buy new and popular games. New, popular games typically award more reward points than older or less popular games.

Buy games on the Xbox Store. Games purchased from the Xbox Store earn more reward points than games purchased from other stores.

Buy games with an Xbox Game Pass subscription. Games purchased with an Xbox Game Pass subscription also earn reward points.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Merry christmas.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. Can’t purchase any game with my Microsoft rewards points - Similar Threads - Can’t purchase game

2. Can’t purchase in game currency

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t purchase in game currency: I want to buy something in a game called Multiversus, it’s in game currency in order for me to get the battle pass I keep trying to buy what’s called a sack of gleamium for $9.99 yet every time I...
  3. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  4. Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?: Greetings. I’m a gamer on the Xbox platform, I got my console sent to me from the US not long ago. Been trying to purchase game pass but it doesn’t allow me. I was starting to think it was a...
  5. Can’t purchase game on pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t purchase game on pass: I am trying to purchase game pass but it keeps asking me for my billing adress witch should already be in my account when Ii enter the adress it says “something went wrong on our end try again...
  6. Why can’t I play of Call duty. Someone purchased the vault for me and I can’t play it it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play of Call duty. Someone purchased the vault for me and I can’t play it it’s...: A friend had purchased call of duty for me and I redeemed the code and as soon Ila’s I started to download the games. And it says downloaded there is no sight in seeing anything else they are all...
  7. Can’t load purchased game or user profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t load purchased game or user profile: When I try to load Starfield on Xbox S, I get error “user who bought game needs to sign in”. I am signed in but my profile won’t load. Xbox status says some services are down. Worried that my...
  8. Why can’t I play a game I purchased months ago?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I purchased months ago?: I pre ordered Hogwarts legacy for XBOX series X and have been playing it for months without issue. I tried to start the game today and it tells me “The person that bought this game needs to sign...
  9. I can’t download the version of the game I purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t download the version of the game I purchased: I bought Diablo 2 resurrected when it was on sale recently now when I go to the store it won’t let me instal the one I paid for and it wants me to pay for it again I had the game installed but it...
  10. why can’t i install games ive already purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t i install games ive already purchased?: So I really only play sims on my xbox one. i own a lot of packs on there. i recently had to hard reset my xbox bc it froze on me. after resetting it, i got back on the game and it said that some...