Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.

Discus and support Can’t play with friends/having connection issues. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by . SPONGY, Nov 19, 2023.

1. . SPONGY
    . SPONGY Guest

I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to manually do it otherwise I can’t access friends list/messages etc, I’ve restarted my Xbox I’ve reset all the internet I’ve done everything suggested and nothing seems to fix it it’s been going on for weeks now and it’s really frustrating because I can’t play with friends at all nor can I really access anything to do with the internet.

(Just to note it’s not anything to do with my home WiFi, it works on everything else including my brothers Playstation)

:)

. SPONGY, Nov 19, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello . SPONGY,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues on your Xbox. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check your network connection: Go to Settings > Network > Network settings and check if your Xbox is connected to the internet. If not, try connecting to a different network or resetting your router.

2. Clear your Xbox cache: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox until it turns off completely. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your Xbox.

3. Check for Xbox Live service status: Go to the Xbox Live Status page to see if there are any known issues with the service.

4. Update your Xbox software: Go to Settings > System > Updates and make sure your Xbox is up to date.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  4. FETTI x ALBO Win User

Xbox is connected to the internet, but will not connect to xbox live.

I have this same issue too man. It was working perfectly last week and the whole time, up until 2 days ago. I can’t connect to games, I see my friends online, cant invite them to parties, can’t go to the store, but I am somehow still connected to Xbox
    Live. My Xbox and PS4 are the only devices having this issue. My NAT Type is Open and I have wired connection. My guess is that a lot of people are staying home cause of the Corona Virus and playing Xbox, to the point it over loaded the servers and made some
    accounts not being able to connect.
  5. COD 2 HALO Win User

Having Connection Issues with Friends

Go straight into your modem to see if it helps then as suggested unplug the router and while you wait clear your cache then start over. Be patient be smart be happy. Hey already your not dying from cancer or a red sux fan right now.
  6. LORD TSARKON Win User

Having Connection Issues with Friends

Better yet.. try a different ISP or different Router (either at home or another Friend's house)...

Also 2 Xbox's connecting at the same time using the same ports.. you need Port ranging? I believe (not Port forwarding).. enable UPnP and disable dmz...

Check Google for the port numbers..

Click here for Compatible Routers (very important.. as some Routers are ok with one Xbox but not multiples..) I"ve had the same Router
    since 2006... Super G Baby!

Had this problem back in 2002 when Xbox Live first came out in August... (trying to connect 2 old xboxes at the same time)
Thema:

1. Can’t play with friends/having connection issues. - Similar Threads - Can’t play friends

2. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  3. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  4. Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.: I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to manually do it otherwise I can’t access friends...
  5. Can’t play BO2 Zombies local play with friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play BO2 Zombies local play with friend: I am playing Black ops 2 Zombies, and trying to play with my friend and it gives the error “Your Profile was not completely downloaded. Please download it again from Xbox Live.” When he tries to...
  6. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  7. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...
  8. Me and my friend can’t play together.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Me and my friend can’t play together.: it only happens on certain games like fighterz and all Xbox 360 games me and him both have Xbox s/x it only recently started happening we tried clearing our MAC address and it didn’t help...
  9. Why can’t i play against my friend in mortal kombat 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i play against my friend in mortal kombat 11?: My friend is on old gen and i am on new gen and when it joins it does not let him join? 61d9e793-f339-44de-8f33-5924f0ff0ae5
  10. I’m game sharing with my friend but he can’t play online games but I can and I have Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m game sharing with my friend but he can’t play online games but I can and I have Xbox...: We just tried to play a game and it would let my friend go online with me how would we be able to play together Or do I have to but hold twice even though it’s in the ultimate pass...